Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 10:06 AM

3,064 posts, read 2,637,601 times

Advertisements

Remember the J.Crew Ad depicting a mother admiring her little son's pink toe nails? The featured woman is the President and Creative Director for J.Crew and is reportedly leaving her husband for another woman. Dr. Keith Ablow, a psychiatrist first reported on this and felt it was a deliberate effort to target our youth and blur our culture's established gender boundaries. With this new story of this woman apparently divorcing her husband for another woman, Dr. Ablow finds more confirmation of his assessment.

What do you think? Is there a deliberate effort to do away, not only with gross gender stereotyping, but any actual gender boundaries at all? There certainly has been a lot in the news lately regarding so called, "transgendered children" being lauded for living life as their biological opposite gender and even being given hormone therapy to prevent the onset of puberty in preparation for sex change surgery. Even our recently retired Safe Schools Czar, Kevin Jennings appeared to endorse this when he wrote a foreward to a book called, "Que*ring Elementary Education," which basically called for eliminating gender labels in school classrooms.

While adhering to extremely rigid gender stereotypical gender roles and restrictions is not desirable, I do think that blurring all distinctions and encouraging kids to live their life as the opposite sex, including medical tx toward this end is unhealthy and dangerous. And, its pretty clear that the media provides an incredible opportunity to promote this agenda.

Here is what Dr. Ablow has to say:

"It says that she was, indeed, apparently using J. Crew—a brand so many of our kids gravitate toward—as her launching pad for a mini-campaign to change the way our kids think about their bodies and their gender identities."

Read more: Jenna Lyons, You And J. Crew Wanted Your Son To Stop Being Such A Boy | Fox News

Jenna Lyons, J.Crew Executive Who Featured Son In Controversial Ad Reportedly Divorcing Husband For Woman | Fox News

J Crew president and creative director Jenna Lyons in messy divorce with her artist husband Vincent Mazeau - NYPOST.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 10:09 AM

994 posts, read 1,681,364 times
Where can I buy some pink nail polish for men?

Old 10-27-2011, 10:10 AM

3,064 posts, read 2,637,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
Where can I buy some pink nail polish for men?
In the women's department.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:23 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,094,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
a deliberate effort to...blur our culture's established gender boundaries.
Fantastic. Where do I sign up? I've never understood people's or society's or culture's need to force people into contrived heteronormative gender roles that may very well be discordant with a person's nature and true self. That's always seems evil, or sinful to me.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:45 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,216,945 times
When David Bowie and other glam rockers arrived on the scene in the early 70's it was considered shocking. I can't believe it still shock value 40 years later

Old 10-27-2011, 10:45 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,446,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Fantastic. Where do I sign up? I've never understood people's or society's or culture's need to force people into contrived heteronormative gender roles that may very well be discordant with a person's nature and true self. That's always seems evil, or sinful to me.
Oh God forbid we see males as males and females as females.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:08 AM

2,514 posts, read 1,986,146 times
The more you encourage same sex coupling the less you get reproductive coupling.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:12 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
I think its disgusting and one of many components of the Demise of America.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:14 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Aren't you gay? If so, then that would explain your wildly ridiculous assertion in this post. Homosexuals don't seem to know what normal is, so no wonder you're confused as to what gender roles entail. I would expect that homosexuals are the LAST people to understand the role of gender in society.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:17 AM

529 posts, read 363,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Oh God forbid we see males as males and females as females.
That would screw with the liberal elitists idea of utopia. Ya know. No races,sexes,ages etc etc etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies