Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 08:15 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times

Advertisements

come on people we all know these agitators did something to get the Cops attention.

The WANT to be attacked. This is what they live for. It is the play book!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 08:23 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Anarchy is only good for preditors.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:10 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,802,109 times
I won't be joining the Occupy bunch. Especially 30 miles away in Oakland.

I don't mind camping in tents made by CORPORATIONS, even on sidewalks poured by CORPORATIONS (more than likely) or on sod in a park likely acquired from a CORPORATION. But I much prefer camping under the stars with the roar of the ocean in the background. Oh, and the car I drive to get to my campsite? It and its parts: compliments of CORPORATIONS.

In the case of the Bay Area, the cars, bicycles and BART cars used to get to Downtown Oakland or DT San Francisco for these protests...you guessed, thank the CORPORATIONS for manufacturing and supplying.

I value my morning hot showers. Apparently, a lot of Occupy protesters must not. And yes, that hot water is heated by a heater manufactured and shipped by CORPORATIONS, controlled by faucets and dispersed from shower heads all manufactured and shipped by CORPORATIONS.

These people need to get an effing clue. And even if Oak-town cops ain't the world's nicest, they're THERE to protect and ensure public order. Quite honestly, although there are some nutty, loony Tea Partiers that give the group a bad name, NEVER have I seen any in mass cause the chaos and bull crap that these Occupy Oakland idiots cause.

Last edited by EclecticEars; 10-28-2011 at 11:33 AM..

Old 10-28-2011, 11:16 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
I won't be joining the Occupy bunch. Especially 30 miles away in Oakland.

I don't mind camping in tents made by CORPORATIONS, even on sidewalks poured by CORPORATIONS (more than likely) or on sod in a park likely acquired from a CORPORATION. But I much prefer camping under the stars with the roar of the ocean in the background. Oh, and the car I drive to get to my campsite? It and its parts: compliments of CORPORATIONS.

In the case of the Bay Area, the cars, bicycles and BART cars used to get to Downtown Oakland or DT San Francisco for these protests...you guessed, thank the CORPORATIONS for manufacturing and supplying.

I value my morning hot showers. Apparently, a lot of Occupy protesters must not. And yes, that hot water is heated by a heater manufactured and shipped by CORPORATIONS, controlled by faucets and dispersed from shower heads all manufactured and shipped by CORPORATIONS.

These people need to get an effing clue. And even if Oak-town cops ain't the world's nicest, they're THERE to protect and ensure public order. Quite honestly, although there are some nutty, loony Tea Partiers that give the group a bad name, NEVER have I seen any in mass cause the chaos and bull crap that these Occupy Oakland idiots cause.
Great post! +1

Old 10-28-2011, 11:17 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
they are calling for a one-day general strike against the city, to be scheduled sometime next week.
This is why PSEU should be banned from unionizing.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:11 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,515,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You aren't searching very hard or you are getting on pages that come from only protester phones and not from news photogs.
Then share a video with us. Can you do that?

Old 10-28-2011, 08:39 PM

416 posts, read 630,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
It's in the post I made above on top...

I disagree with what your doing though...

Get some Impeach 0bama signs out and march on the FED and the Congress and you will have me there with my $$$ behind me.....

How can you ignore the man at the top???

Put the pressure on the people that are in office right now that make the laws and hold em accountable???
Thanks.

I'm just trying to get the word out. Unity is the only hope, all this divisiveness will be our downfall.
He's not the man at the top, he's the face, just a puppet.
How can you ignore the puppet-masters pulling all the strings? They don't like all the attention they're getting, they want us to divert our attention to the government.

Soap Box NYC - YouTube

Old 10-28-2011, 08:47 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
It seems that OccupyOakland is going a different route than OccupyWS in NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies