Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2012, 01:19 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,078,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Your opinion, such as it is, continues to reinforce for me why I see no common ground with the likes of you. You assume that I have some connection with or need for. In other words, you see me as an "other" or an inferior, and you then wonder why I don't want anything to do with you.

For your information, nothing has ever been given to me. If I have it, I earned it. Can you say the same from your white supremacist perspective?

So tell me..how many times have you confronted wannabe gang bangers?
well, I am sure he has confronted wannabe gang bangers many of times, because he wouldnt have the nerve to confront real gang members.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 01:23 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I've always thought that considering the lavish praise and exalted position that Western European culture is held to in this culture it makes one wonder where is this absence or denial of the opportunity to express "white pride"? It would seem to be unavoidable one most any day of the week, not that I don't appreciate Shakespeare, Tchaikovsky, James Joyce, or a nice bordeaux.

True. White folks have made many great contributions to this culture and society, such as Harvard, Portuguese cuisine, online poker, The Sopranos and Christina Hendricks, among many other great things they've done. What confuses me is why some whites, especially white males, act as if these contributions are not acknowledged, while in fact they are the ones lauding their culture every and all day. We are inundated constantly by the deluge of whites patting themselves on the back.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
well, I am sure he has confronted wannabe gang bangers many of times, because he wouldnt have the nerve to confront real gang members.
True, true.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:33 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,325,181 times
Quote:
Your opinion, such as it is, continues to reinforce for me why I see no common ground with the likes of you. You assume that I have some connection with or need for. In other words, you see me as an "other" or an inferior, and you then wonder why I don't want anything to do with you.

For your information, nothing has ever been given to me. If I have it, I earned it. Can you say the same from your white supremacist perspective?
White supremacist perspective? I think people should work for what they have, nothing should be handed down to them. I don't agree with welfare, obamacare, affermative action, or anything that encourages people to think they are owed something. Where I live the majority of Caucasians have this entitlement of being owed welfare. It makes me sick.

Quote:
So tell me..how many times have you confronted wannabe gang bangers?
When I was a security guard, close to about 25 a day. Now that I am away from that joke of a job, probably about 10 times a week. I'm not afraid of wanna be gang members. I am trained in various martial arts, trained by SWAT, have baton training, and trained to fight with a knife. I have been taught to use deadly force when I need to. What is there to be afraid of? I don't care what color skin they have or how big they are, unless they have better training then me, they don't have much of a chance.

The sad part is that I don't look for it. I ride the city bus and see it all the time, I just don't sit back and let it happen.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
All people who says they are in a gang are wanna be gang members to me. A real gang doesn't fly colors or display hand signals that make them appear to have cerebral palsy.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
True. White folks have made many great contributions to this culture and society, such as Harvard, Portuguese cuisine, online poker, The Sopranos and Christina Hendricks, among many other great things they've done. What confuses me is why some whites, especially white males, act as if these contributions are not acknowledged, while in fact they are the ones lauding their culture every and all day. We are inundated constantly by the deluge of whites patting themselves on the back.
I actually do agree with you here.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:40 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,078,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
All people who says they are in a gang are wanna be gang members to me. A real gang doesn't fly colors or display hand signals that make them appear to have cerebral palsy.
just like I figured, you probably havent even confronted the wanna be's. You probably wouldnt know if someone was flying colors or showing a hand sign if they told you that was what they were doing.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:07 PM

30,987 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Depends on who you talk to. You do know their are many who don't consider Portuguese, Italians, Spanish White.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Depends on who you talk to. You do know their are many who don't consider Portuguese, Italians, Spanish White.
True, but with the exception of people like Mario Balotelli, Nani and Sebastiao Varela, most Portuguese, Italians and Spanish are white Europeans.

In Latin America, for instance, the culture of Spanish, Portuguese and Italians (as well as Germans, French and English. etc.) are exalted as being the pinnacle.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
just like I figured, you probably havent even confronted the wanna be's. You probably wouldnt know if someone was flying colors or showing a hand sign if they told you that was what they were doing.
Believe what you want. I think by confront you think fight. By confront I mean stand up against. Hell, I have even stood up for someone who claimed be in a gang. Some neo nazi idiot was going off on some kid, I can't stand that either, and I had to step in. I think gangs are pointless and only hurt society. The only point of a gang is to commit senseless crime and have a support group cheering you on.

When I confront people for being ignorant and just plain stupid, it hardly escalates to a fight. I think my wit makes their head hurt... you know.. word being too big and all.

Just to be clear, where I live the gang population is mostly caucasian, followed by black(proper term?), then Hispanic, followed by a mix of other races.

These "gang members" change colors so often it's become a game. Guess what color they'll be wearing tomorrow.

Anyways back to the topic. I could care less what people want to classify their race as. As far as I am concerned we all came from the same ancestors long ago that lived in Africa. We are the human race and that is all that matters. If we can't get past separating our race by color, gender, religion, sexuality, and any other social labels, we won't last much longer. We fly our banners with so much pride that we forget we all carry a similar banner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies