U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 09:26 AM

29,419 posts, read 18,754,692 times

Advertisements

It appears redistributing our money to failed solar energy policy will continue meanwhile they punishing the coal industry and destroy our economy.

"The Obama administration on Thursday identified 17 sites in six Western states as prime candidates for solar energy projects on public lands, continuing a push for solar power despite the high-profile bankruptcy of a solar panel maker that received a half-billion dollar federal loan.
Interior Secretary Ken Salazar said the latest "Solar Energy Zones" refine and improve on a draft released in December that identified two dozen areas in California, Nevada, Colorado, Utah, New Mexico and Arizona."

Where are the exxon howlers about subsidies at?

Obama admin renews push for solar energy in West - Politics & Elections News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 09:43 AM

23,851 posts, read 19,874,777 times
If it were any other Administration, I might support some of these initiatives. But at this point in time, I can't support an Administration who has failed repeatedly in inserting government into the energy industry.

Get a new guy in there, and i'll give it some additional thought. I simply don't trust this Administration to do the right thing.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:44 AM

I like solar energy but it simply costs too much. Reality check is needed by these guys.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:20 AM

11,403 posts, read 7,363,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It appears redistributing our money to failed solar energy policy will continue meanwhile they punishing the coal industry and destroy our economy.

"The Obama administration on Thursday identified 17 sites in six Western states as prime candidates for solar energy projects on public lands, continuing a push for solar power despite the high-profile bankruptcy of a solar panel maker that received a half-billion dollar federal loan.
Interior Secretary Ken Salazar said the latest "Solar Energy Zones" refine and improve on a draft released in December that identified two dozen areas in California, Nevada, Colorado, Utah, New Mexico and Arizona."

Where are the exxon howlers about subsidies at?

Obama admin renews push for solar energy in West - Politics & Elections News
Yawn. Do you know what you talk about before starting threads?

Solar energy industry posts record growth, despite Solyndra collapse - CNN

Old 10-28-2011, 10:34 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,912,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
If it were any other Administration, I might support some of these initiatives. But at this point in time, I can't support an Administration who has failed repeatedly in inserting government into the energy industry.

Get a new guy in there, and i'll give it some additional thought. I simply don't trust this Administration to do the right thing.
I agree with you. Don't trust anything about this administration, do not trust in them at all, or what they have to sell?

And believe me, they are a hard sell!

Old 10-28-2011, 11:34 AM

7,475 posts, read 20,226,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post

If solar energy has such a great future, why isn't private money investing in it? Because there is NO FUTURE in solar energy...!!!
If the private sector refuses to invest, it's a clear sign there is no profit, no future, unless you own a solar energy plant in China..!!
The US simply cannot compete with China in that industry.
So our corrupt president, who wishes to destroy our economy, gives our money to a failed project. He knew the money would be lost, that's why he did it..

Old 10-28-2011, 12:05 PM

795 posts, read 1,232,601 times
I didn't see anything about Obama giving solar companies any more money which was a huge relief. I only saw the part saying that he would make more government land available to private companies. I don't have a problem with that as long as the government still holds the deed. No point in having land and not using it. Please correct me if I read the article wrong.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post

Nothing in your link addresses the cost of solar energy compared to what we have now. It's all based of government loans, grants and subsidies. It simply can't compete on a wide scale. Hell it costs around 20K just to put em up on your home. What it would cost to put up some kind of solar array in the middle of nowhere and set up the transmission lines I don't even want to know. It's gotta be ridiculous. Of course the companies aren't paying for it WE are.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordomo View Post
I didn't see anything about Obama giving solar companies any more money which was a huge relief. I only saw the part saying that he would make more government land available to private companies. I don't have a problem with that as long as the government still holds the deed. No point in having land and not using it. Please correct me if I read the article wrong.
Who gives subsidies to said private companies to start up their solar companies and build the things? Now they're giving em the land for free too. I wonder if it is infringing on any bear, beetle or grub worm territory? I'm sure the taxpayers will have to pay to sue the very folks our government gave money to so they could start it all up when this fiasco comes to fruition.

Old 10-28-2011, 02:08 PM

22,916 posts, read 16,299,996 times
A step in the right direction.

Solyndra Failed, But 119 Other Solar Companies and 100,000 Solar Workers Are Succeeding | EarthTechling

"With only a month since Solyndra filed for bankruptcy, following in the footsteps of Evergreen Solar and Spectrawatt, investor confidence in the US solar sector has been brought into question. Yet, as Cleantech Group reports, investments in the sector have risen in the third quarter with top solar deals, including:
  • $85 million raised by HelioStat from NEA and SK Group
  • $50 million raised by OneRoof Energy
  • $26 million raised by CaliSolar
  • $25 million raised by Clean Power Finance
  • $23 million raised by thin film solar company Solexant.
"
Solar Investment on the rebound after the Solyndra backlash | Green Power Conferences

Solar Power Finance & Investment Summit 2012 | An Infocast Deal Working Event
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies