Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 12:30 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i dont know. it seems like from your posts in this thread you believe the same thing your going on about now, generalizing a group off the behavior of a few.
I'm proving my point and it's working pretty well given the fact that very few of the liberal mob here on CD are getting anywhere near this thread.

I know that all of the supporters of OWS aren't racist, rapists, etc etc etc but then again, I'm not trying to paint an entire movement based on the actions of a few people. I do think the majority of the OWS supporters are a little misinformed and naive but that doesn't make them racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Like you are doing to OWS in this very thread? Like that?

Rise above it, Backspace. If you truly enjoy moral superiority over "those liberals" (whatever that means), then you shouldn't employ the same tactics that you deride them for using.
You're assuming the OP's stance when the only question posed by the OP was about whether there was a double standard.

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I guess that means you can't or won't answer the question... thanks for trying though.
Here's my answer:

Fallacy of composition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-28-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Yeah just as I expected, I noticed you run and hide behind that link in the other thread once you talked yourself into a corner on the same subject.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:34 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,177 times
Quote:
But a hand full of people holding racially suggestive signs years ago proves that everyone in the Tea Party is a KKK supporting racist?

It seems like every day we get a new video of something happening at an OWS protest that shows extremely bad judgement and illegal activity by OWS supporters. We've all ready the reports of people being raped in tents by strangers, people ranting against Jews, people stealing expensive electronics, people hurling rocks and bottles at police, people ignoring laws which are meant to protect public property, people defacing public property, etc etc etc. Why do liberals automatically attempt to make it seem like those are non-existent instances that in no way represent the OWS movement as a whole but the minute you saw someone holding a sign at a Tea Party protest with a photo of Obama with a bone in his nose you instantly labeled every single person who's ever even thought about supporting the Tea Party a racist bigot?

Please explain this gross lack of logic on the part of liberals, especially those here on CD. To me it seems pretty clear that you're now dealing with the exact same treatment you dished out to the Tea Party supporters and you don't like it one bit...

Before you go crazy and attack me personally because you don't like my message, please save your time.

If you intend to deny that these things have taken place at OWS events all over this country, please don't waste your time in here because I'll start posting video after video that proves you wrong.

Great thread and very valid question!!

The leftie loonie hypocrites will avoid this as they do not admit the truth. They live by 'good for thee, but not for me' - it is fine for them to judge conservative groups and label them together based off of the actions of one or two, but they have a fit if the same happens to them.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:35 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
And clearly the same rule would apply to the Tea Party supporters right?
Yes.

[/thread]

Old 10-28-2011, 12:37 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,906 times
Quote:
"not indicitive of the entire movement" .
I don't know what " indicitive " means

Old 10-28-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Yes.

[/thread]
If the rules apply, why do we have an entire crew of liberals here on CD who spent months posting about how racist the Tea Party is based on posters held by a few members and comments made by a few people? Where was the outrage from the left? Where was the distinction between the actions of a few and the purpose of the movement overall?

Old 10-28-2011, 12:38 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
You're assuming the OP's stance when the only question posed by the OP was about whether there was a double standard.
It's his method of proving that point that I have a problem with. Doing the same thing as the other side doesn't impress me as a good argument.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I don't know what " indicitive " means
What about indicative? Do you know what that means? Do you know enough to look past a simple spelling error and address the topic at hand or will you simply hide behind a misplaced "i" and ignore the question at hand?

How about this?

Indicative | Define Indicative at Dictionary.com

Indicative - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

indicative - definition of indicative by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies