Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 02:58 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,837,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
What you call objectionable signs many call racist signs. The fact that you don't see the "objectionable" signs or comments as racist is a validation of the signs.
Objectional, racist, sexist, bigoted, etc etc etc None of that matters and you simply aren't comprehending the premise of this thread. This thread is about liberals taking the leap from a couple people holding racist signs to the entire Tea Party being a racist movement. Liberals have had no problem making that leap painting millions of people as racist due to the actions of a very small number of people around the country.

When the same thing is done to the OWS movement liberals are quick to point out that the racist signs and statements aren't indicative of the entire movement and only represent the individuals that held or said them. It's all hypocritical on a grand scale.

Quote:
One post or comment by you condeming the racist signs/actions/statements would suffice. Not going to happen since you don't find the signs objectionable.
Show me the signs, actions or statements that you're talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 03:01 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,213,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Objectional, racist, sexist, bigoted, etc etc etc None of that matters and you simply aren't comprehending the premise of this thread. This thread is about liberals taking the leap from a couple people holding racist signs to the entire Tea Party being a racist movement. Liberals have had no problem making that leap painting millions of people as racist due to the actions of a very small number of people around the country.

If you defend the "couple people holding the signs", then you are of the same mindset.

I haven't read one comment on here of someone defending the alleged violent behavior being committed by the OWS movement.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
If you defend the "couple people holding the signs", then you are of the same mindset.

I haven't read one comment on here of someone defending the alleged violent behavior being committed by the OWS movement.

Are there any temporarily sane liberals out there who understands what this thread is actually about?

Old 10-28-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:

Are there any temporarily sane liberals out there who understands what this thread is actually about?
I'm not a liberal, and the thread is about trolling and flaming. Gibberish is what it is. You are upset that the tea party is unfairly protrayed in a certain light based on signs/views expressed by a minority, yet you agree with the views and signs of the minority in question.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
I'm not a liberal, and the thread is about trolling and flaming. Gibberish is what it is. You are upset that the tea party is unfairly protrayed in a certain light based on signs/views expressed by a minority, yet you agree with the views and signs of the minority in question.
There's no trolling here, you're just confused. It's actually spelled "portrayed" and no, you clearly don't understand this thread but thanks for trying.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
There's no trolling here, you're just confused. It's actually spelled "portrayed" and no, you clearly don't understand this thread but thanks for trying.
Ask the OWS supporters on here what they think about the "alleged" acts of racism. Chances are 100% will condemn them. What do you think of the "alleged" acts of racism within the tea party. Chances are 100% that you see nothing wrong with them. This is where the story ends

Old 10-28-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Ask the OWS supporters on here what they think about the "alleged" acts of racism. Chances are 100% will condemn them. What do you think of the "alleged" acts of racism within the tea party. Chances are 100% that you see nothing wrong with them. This is where the story ends
WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS THREAD IS HERE FOR?

All of your ignorant assumptions about me have been 100% wrong so why don't you give it up and get back to the topic of this thread?

Old 10-28-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS THREAD IS HERE FOR?

All of your ignorant assumptions about me have been 100% wrong so why don't you give it up and get back to the topic of this thread?
You asked a question and I answered it. I'l repeat again. If the majority of the people in a movement condemn the isolated acts, then it is not "indicititivie" of the movement. If the majority of the people in a movement applaud, agree, or defend an isolated act, then it is "indicititititive" of the movement. Adding emoticons to your post doesn't make it any more valid.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
You asked a question and I answered it. I'l repeat again. If the majority of the people in a movement condemn the isolated acts, then it is not "indicititivie" of the movement. If the majority of the people in a movement applaud, agree, or defend an isolated act, then it is "indicititititive" of the movement. Adding emoticons to your post doesn't make it any more valid.
So do you agree that neither the OWS or the Tea Party movements are as a whole racist?

Old 10-28-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
So do you agree that neither the OWS or the Tea Party movements are as a whole racist?
Of course. I can't make that same assertion about you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies