Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 09:16 AM

67 posts, read 74,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
You can't retroact laws.
What I really meant is that new laws should be enacted so no one gets a way with doing this crap again. (It's still the morning. I know you can't retroact laws. My blunder.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 09:41 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Nope. Didn't and don't wish pain on them. I wish for them leaving, taking a bath and allowing normal and responsible people to have their cities back.

I love how liberals insert their own hate into someone else's words.
Nice backstepping, but here is what you said, and I quoted it in my original post in answer to:

Quote:
I can't wait to see them freezing their arses off.
You wished them "freezing their arses off" - that would result in pain and perhaps death.
They're your own words.

This liberal can read, and quote what other posters clearly state.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:04 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindlemeister View Post
As I said before, the only thing more boring than hippies are hippie-bashers. Hippies are an easy target due to their annoying pacifism. Admittedly, I prefer to condemn the bankers who sold bogus mortgage-backed securities to investors, and at the same time, bet against those same securities. I'd like to see just one of those guys in a prison cell. I read -- on this forum -- that the bankers and executives broke no law. Well, if that be the case, new legislation should be enacted so we can stop this unethical and destructive behavior. Forget about hippies being sent to the mothership, I think the bankers and executives on Wall Street need to be sent to the gulag.
We don't have gulags, that would have been Stalin's U.S.S.R.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Too bad. They seem to be the only places suitable for bankers and executives who sold bogus mortgage-backed securities to investors, while at the same time, betting against those securities.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:26 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,563 times
Quote:
Nah. It's funnier the way I put it.

I can't wait to see them freezing their arses off.
Then you aren't an agnostic, you're a conservative sadist, one of millions. You want people to hurt AND you want to laugh at them because you don't agree with them. Thanks for openly admitting it.

Please, conservatives, explain why you are so hellbent on inflicting harm on others you simply disagree with and why you all tend to bump elbows with each other while winking and smiling at your shared sadism.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:35 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,329,735 times
Quote:
Actually I don't think there were many Wall Street crooks. To be a crook, you have to have broken the law. With very few, if any, exceptions they did not break the law. That's why they are not on trial or in jail.....except for that famous idiot.
They might be crooks in the legal sense, but they are definitely one significant symbol of what ails our society. Executive greed in and of itself isn't a problem. As Gordon Gekko (sp) infamously quipped in Wall Street: greed is good.

But only to a point.

We need regulated greed, and right now, we don't really have that. And when I say regulated I don't really mean just putting more laws on the books (though that might be necessary in some situations). I mean setting up the financial system so that the tax code discourages excessive hoarding and funneling of money outside of the country.

Obviously, this is one part of the problem. Believe it or not, I would agree with conservatives that there are other problems. I don't really identify with many of the Wall St. protesters, and I don't think they're a mainstream movement yet. If their protests and feelings toward Wall St. were shared by the mainstream, there would probably be widespread tumult. Thus, I think executives and politicians in Washington should see this as a wake up call.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Oh, and by the way, I know that there are no gulags here. The comment was posted with tongue firmly placed in cheek.

Old 10-30-2011, 12:47 PM

773 posts, read 503,681 times
Quote:
As I said before, the only thing more boring than hippies are hippie-bashers. Hippies are an easy target due to their annoying pacifism. Admittedly, I prefer to condemn the bankers who sold bogus mortgage-backed securities to investors, and at the same time, bet against those same securities. I'd like to see just one of those guys in a prison cell. I read -- on this forum -- that the bankers and executives broke no law. Well, if that be the case, new legislation should be enacted so we can stop this unethical and destructive behavior. Forget about hippies being sent to the mothership, I think the bankers and executives on Wall Street need to be sent to the gulag.
Just curious. Don't you give any blame to the investors, who should have done their due diligence before forking over money in an investment? I mean I don't give anyone any money unless I have investigated everything about it first. It's a crazy and mostly unknown thing called personal responsibility.

Old 10-30-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
What I really meant is that new laws should be enacted so no one gets a way with doing this crap again. (It's still the morning. I know you can't retroact laws. My blunder.)
One simple thing could be to ban bundling. Every sale of a mortgage could be just for that mortgage. We don't need another 2,500 pages of regulation. Less, but simple regulation would suffice.

Then again, people/investors should do their own damn homework before investing and then trying to blame someone else later for what THEY bought.

Old 10-30-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Nice backstepping, but here is what you said, and I quoted it in my original post in answer to:

You wished them "freezing their arses off" - that would result in pain and perhaps death.
They're your own words.

This liberal can read, and quote what other posters clearly state.

Ummm..No. Not really. You are applying something literal to a simple common statement. But then again, the common sense statement made does not fit your narrative.

I have frozen my arse off many a time and yet my arse is still there, yet no pain and no injury. Get it? Or do you not want to get it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies