Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 10:36 AM

7,372 posts, read 16,007,664 times

Advertisements

When Carter showed a failed presidency towards the end of his first term, did he have similar support among his "partisans" as shown to Obama?
I just can't believe anyone, absolutely anyone would not have some major misgivings about having put this guy in the White House and would not be looking anywhere else to replace him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 10:39 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
The Republicans are over confident right now. It will make for a sweeter victory when they go down in 2012.

Old 10-29-2011, 10:42 AM

Why have the past few years been sweet with Obama? I don't get it. Why persist with this loser?

Old 10-29-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Why have the past few years been sweet with Obama? I don't get it. Why persist with this loser?
You just made my point. Yall are going to be gnashing your teeth in November 2012.

Old 10-29-2011, 10:44 AM

I really want to know why Obama still? Have you looked around lately?

Old 10-29-2011, 10:46 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
When Carter showed a failed presidency towards the end of his first term, did he have similar support among his "partisans" as shown to Obama?
I just can't believe anyone, absolutely anyone would not have some major misgivings about having put this guy in the White House and would not be looking anywhere else to replace him.
yes in fact many in the democrat party continued to support carter feverishly, much like they do obama now. they didnt want to see the writing on the wall. and there were many like winter sucks who made the same claims.

Old 10-29-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I really want to know why Obama still? Have you looked around lately?
Let's see:

Bush handed Obama a recession. The economy is now expanding.

Bush handed Obama the Iraq war. Obama is now ending the Iraq war.

Bush didn't get bin laden. Obama did get bin laden.

Bush made peace with Gaddafi. Obama helped take out Gaddafi.

Now on to the campaign. Carter was a terrible campaigner. Obama is great campaigner. Carter had to go against the very skillful Reagan. It looks like Obama will go against the flip-flopping Romney, who also happens to be Mormon. If you think beating Obama will be as easy as beating Carter, then you are extremely over confident and will be sorry when November 2012 rolls around.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:04 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
This isn't the 70s. Obama did not, by any measure, have a failed presidency. Experts agree that his intervention saved the U.S. auto industry, which just posted record gains for the past quarter. He also made a bold decision to go into Pakistan to kill Bin Laden. When faced with a similarly decisive moment back in 2002, Bush failed to act and Bin Laden lived. Obama also helped to take down one of the West's oldest enemies, Qaddaffi, and he did it with virtually no risk to U.S. servicemembers. He came up with a smart strategy with an unfortunate name -- lead from behind -- that Republicans mocked.

The economy sucks. It was going to suck no matter who was president. No, Obama didn't single-handedly turn things around. Also, his health care bill is unpopular with many -- left and right. However, his presidency is at the very least a mixed bag. It's not a failure.

However, this isn't the 70s. This is 2010s, the era of echo chamber media. In the echo chamber you're caught in, Obama is the biggest joke to walk the Earth. In reality, he's pretty good -- he's done an "ok" job with the hand he was dealt. It's very, very likely he's done well enough to earn another four years.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:11 AM

Fast & Furious? Did Carter have a cloud like that?

Old 10-29-2011, 11:11 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,921,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
This isn't the 70s. Obama did not, by any measure, have a failed presidency. Experts agree that his intervention saved the U.S. auto industry, which just posted record gains for the past quarter. He also made a bold decision to go into Pakistan to kill Bin Laden. When faced with a similarly decisive moment back in 2002, Bush failed to act and Bin Laden lived. Obama also helped to take down one of the West's oldest enemies, Qaddaffi, and he did it with virtually no risk to U.S. servicemembers. He came up with a smart strategy with an unfortunate name -- lead from behind -- that Republicans mocked.

The economy sucks. It was going to suck no matter who was president. No, Obama didn't single-handedly turn things around. Also, his health care bill is unpopular with many -- left and right. However, his presidency is at the very least a mixed bag. It's not a failure.

However, this isn't the 70s. This is 2010s, the era of echo chamber media. In the echo chamber you're caught in, Obama is the biggest joke to walk the Earth. In reality, he's pretty good -- he's done an "ok" job with the hand he was dealt. It's very, very likely he's done well enough to earn another four years.
agreed. hes been average, more or less. done some things i agree with and things i disagree with.

i tune out the idiots on the right and left who say obama is the worst ever and obama is the best ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies