Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 10:31 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So you are promoting physical violence ?
And against those that can't change the system ?

Appears definitely so. Some promoting violence of the worse kind. Hope as some of these people so put it, they never need a pig ever to protect them.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:32 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Considering all the trash talking about "taking back America", brandishing shine weapons at tea parties, waving their don't tread on me flags and threats of secession, it would appear that the OWS people actually have the balls to do what the right only runs its mouths about, just say'n.
The TP didn't need VIOLENCE and THREATS to effect change, did they? Two words - 2010 election.

The OWS scum NEED violence, drama and manufactured incidents that bring media attention because their "message" is NOT resonating with Americans, especially their tactics.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
No, non-violence opposition. Since when do I need a permit to enter a park?
The tents were the problem, which you'd know if you read the report.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:36 AM

1,147 posts, read 909,387 times
Quote:
That cop should be in the hospital. You don't just drive a vehicle THROUGH people like that without any regard for their well-being.

Let me tell you something though. I'm a big supporter of police. For instance, a few months ago I was gassing up. There was this rather large homeless guy harassing people for money as they walked into the store to pay. Yes, he was definitely trying to intimidate people, because he didn't say a word to me.

So this cop shows up. The PO was maybe 5' 6" tall and a buck-40 soaking wet. I mean I've got a LEG as big has this guy.

I kept an eye on them while I was filling up my truck, to make sure the PO was safe. Then when I finished filling up I leaned against my tailgate with my arms folded, watching. As soon as backup arrived, I waved, he waved back, and I left. That's how much I support police.

Those turds in Denver? They deserve whatever the crowd does to them.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:40 AM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,351 times
Quote:
Yes, in this instance I promote physical violence. "The State" believes itself to have a monopoly upon the use of violence. The OWS protest will not accomplish their agenda if they show that they are unwilling to use violence to achieve their ends.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:42 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Yes, in this instance I promote physical violence. "The State" believes itself to have a monopoly upon the use of violence. The OWS protest will not accomplish their agenda if they show that they are unwilling to use violence to achieve their ends.
And what exactly will they accomplish by getting violent with local law enforcement ? Not like the cops are going to pay off their loans and give them jobs.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
EVERY incident of violence was started by the protesters. Every single one.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:44 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
No, non-violence opposition. Since when do I need a permit to enter a park?
You don't need a permit to enter a park, but participating in an organized protest involving hundreds of people is a large-scale event and it requires some degree of security detail.

I criticized the tea party movement for what it was, and I'm criticizing this symphony of idiocy for what it is, too. I sympathize with the protesters' anger at Wall St. -- frequent critic of these institutions in fact. But most of these morons who attend these events don't have the first idea about what the problems are, let alone how to solve them.

1,147 posts, read 909,387 times
Quote:
And what exactly will they accomplish by getting violent with local law enforcement ? Not like the cops are going to pay off their loans and give them jobs.
To quote a very famous line from a very famous but not altogether well done movie "They drew first blood".

The crowd should've creamed'em.

5,113 posts, read 5,972,261 times
Quote:
Many of these people have nothing to lose.
and everything to gain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies