Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 10:58 AM

1,147 posts, read 909,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Between voting and screaming obscenities in a park, I'll take voting.
They tried that. We tried that. We went from a spoon-fed Texan white boy to a black kid from a broken home out of Chicago. Each with supposedly completely different ideologies.

....and we ended up in the same spot.

Voting is useless at the federal level. Completely.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:58 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
The types of changes that need to be made are systematic and institutional changes. Those types of changes cannot be voted on.
It's the government that puts those system and institutional rules in place in case you hadn't noticed.

Glass-Steagall and the subsequent repeal of Glass-Steagall was not done by private citizens.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:00 AM

1,147 posts, read 909,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That's right..but it didn't bother you when the Tea Party had to do it to protest ?

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.
It's either the rule for all or no rule at all.
You cannot pick and choose what rules that your side wants to follow.
No, because I don't like the tea party. It's a club for wayward suckers looking to belong. It's on them to advocate for themselves.

I believe in the motivation behind OWS, so I advocate on their behalf.

It still doesn't make it right. We shouldn't need permits to assemble. That's not freedom.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:02 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
Stupid narrow minded people blame it all on Obama.
It's the US government.
The stupid narrow minded people want a country run by police.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
They tried that. We tried that. We went from a spoon-fed Texan white boy to a black kid from a broken home out of Chicago. Each with supposedly completely different ideologies.

The people put men/women into office.
If the people are gullible and not informed and go by "promises" then it's the people's fault.

And you'd think they would learn from their mistakes ?
The re-election of the cronies in DC will give you your answer.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
No, because I don't like the tea party. It's a club for wayward suckers looking to belong. It's on them to advocate for themselves.

I believe in the motivation behind OWS, so I advocate on their behalf.

It still doesn't make it right. We shouldn't need permits to assemble. That's not freedom.
That permit stuff has been in place for many years.
Not like they quickly enacted a law when then heard of the occupy movement.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:04 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
Just the 1% sending in their attack dogs...They didn't do this to the tea party because they control them. Also I would recommend to the OWS protesters to exercise their 2nd amendment rights and carry m-4s.

It's illegal to carry a loaded rifle in public.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:04 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,859,570 times
Quote:

Are you serious? We tried two horrible presidents. I don't think that quite invalidates the concept of democracy...

And like I said, this idiocy will not do us any better. What's your solution?

Old 10-30-2011, 11:05 AM

1,031 posts, read 1,313,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
This is absurd, and it's counterproductive.

Why don't you take a look at the Civil Rights protests and compare them to the protests over Vietnam. Think about which protests were more effective, and why.
The Civil Rights protest never achieved their goal. Don't believe me? Then look at the African American community today. The conclusion from the Kerner commission was that structural and institutional changes needed to occur in order for an environment to be created in which African Americans can achieve economic parity with the rest of America. This never happened.

MLK came to the realization that more radicalism would be necessary which was the reason for his movement to the Left.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:07 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,984,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
It's illegal to carry a loaded rifle in public.
Not in every state or city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies