Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 01:06 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,243 times

Advertisements

If I had the funds and the energy, I'd get my disabled ass on the next flight to Rome. Does anybody out there care that the Pope is suggesting a central bank unify with the UN to provide the new economic world system so the planet will rid itself of corruption?

Now, I'm choking on my coffee.

Occupy Vatican? - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 02:51 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
If I had the funds and the energy, I'd get my disabled ass on the next flight to Rome. Does anybody out there care that the Pope is suggesting a central bank unify with the UN to provide the new economic world system so the planet will rid itself of corruption?

Now, I'm choking on my coffee.

Occupy Vatican? - YouTube
is that "freetrade coffee?"..is it organic? or genetically modified?. third world grown?...is it sprayed with toxins and pesticides?... and did you add madcow's milk?, or corrupted cane to sweatener?
Maybe a unseen nat in the mix perhaps?

Old 10-30-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
is that "freetrade coffee?"..is it organic? or genetically modified?. third world grown?...is it sprayed with toxins and pesticides?... and did you add madcow's milk?, or corrupted cane to sweatener?
Maybe a unseen nat in the mix perhaps?
Probably and sadly, yes, to all of the above, Sir Les.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:34 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,042,529 times
I don't care what the pope does. If he wants to open a bigger bank - okay. That seems like a good idea.

Not everyone is in favor of the "OCCUPY WALL STREET" movement, or is scared of large organizations (from using biased samples of a percentage of large organizations).
I really wish the government would increase the amount of anti-paranoia drugs they regularly pipe through the public water system: the current amount just isn't working enough, obviously!

Oh... you think I'm kidding....

Old 10-30-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
I don't care what the pope does. If he wants to open a bigger bank - okay. That seems like a good idea.

Not everyone is in favor of the "OCCUPY WALL STREET" movement, or is scared of large organizations (from using biased samples of a percentage of large organizations).
I really wish the government would increase the amount of anti-paranoia drugs they regularly pipe through the public water system: the current amount just isn't working enough, obviously!

Oh... you think I'm kidding....
So, a bigger banking system will be less corrupt, especially one that's run by the UN and possibly the Vatican? Am I hearing you correctly? And, I'm just taking a wild guess, here, but the "unbiased" who aren't against large corporations are probably benefiting from them, somehow. Yes?

Old 10-30-2011, 06:01 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,514,352 times
I agree with the OP, this disturbing story is going almost unnoticed...

Old 10-30-2011, 06:06 PM

488 posts, read 554,545 times
Quote:
So, a bigger banking system will be less corrupt, especially one that's run by the UN and possibly the Vatican? Am I hearing you correctly? And, I'm just taking a wild guess, here, but the "unbiased" who aren't against large corporations are probably benefiting from them, somehow. Yes?
Is that what was suggested, or are you making things up?

Old 10-30-2011, 06:49 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,544,700 times
It's not the Pope personally, it's a department of the Vatican. I don't know how much involvement he had in the document.

The Church does tend to teach that the economy is to serve the common good. That development of the poorer nations is important, etc. The association within the Vatican is suggesting their ideas on how to do these things. I think many of them are incredibly naive and utopian as have many faithful or orthodox Catholics. The document is not binding on any Catholic.

However not everyone in the world is full of paranoia about "global" this or that's. We have the IMF, the World Bank, etc already. And even if you loathe the UN it's not like it's forcing you to do much of anything.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:33 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,042,529 times
Quote:
Organizational growth does not always result in corruption.

This fear of big companies should be borne in mind every time you buy a cheap product or shop at Walmart or complain about high prices at smaller, independet companies: we Americans want the best price, but not the moral problems that come with getting those cheap prices, as a natural result.
I laughed about the people complaining about lead in chinese toys - GEE what a surprise that was! Chinese companies, getting paid very little, cut corners and churn out shoddy products? Oh my god! What a shocker. You get what you pay for.

Anyways - still, organizational growth doesn't always result in corruption. It's not some sort of natural law. Exrapolating from the bank experience and applying that to everything else isn't a good logical model to follow.

I think I'm gonna write my congressman about increasing those water levels. Or maybe get them to outlaw movies such as V for Vendetta. He usually listens to what I have to say, after a healthy bribe - but then again, he's local.

This news article might help: U.S. To Offer Tax Incentives To Companies That Do Not Openly Make World Worse At Every Turn | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Old 10-30-2011, 09:43 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,118,969 times
Quote:
Occupy The Vatican
I'm not saying that there aren't any good reasons to "occupy" the Vatican, but doesn't this exceed the mandate of the original OWS movement in New York City?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies