Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 01:31 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I hope you train a good number of women. If you have not read them already you should pick up Vicki Farnam's books (2) on teaching women to shoot or take one of her instructor courses.

I have not read them. Thanks for the info. I do actually train a fair amount of women. I had four last week in private range sessions. One was an 85 year old lady. I was kind of nervous watching her hobble into the range wondering if she would be able to safely control the gun. I use a Sig Mosquito for training and I had her hitting bulls eyes 4-6 out of ten shots in single action with the rest of the mag being nicely grouped within a half hour. After that we moved on to her J frame which she had just purchased and that didn't go quite as well but she could put everything on paper at 20 feet with it. I really enjoyed it when she expressed her sincere gratitude for making her feel safe and able to defend herself. It really doesn't feel like work when you love the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
It would be good to state that in your original post. It is already a states rights issue and states that chose to have concealed weapons permits. Has the Second Amendment even been mentioned in the debates yet? I'm not understanding why a thread needed to be made on this.

I'm a member of this forum. This is a topic I like to discuss. What other reasons would you need?

Old 10-31-2011, 11:33 PM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
It would be good to state that in your original post. It is already a states rights issue and states that chose to have concealed weapons permits. Has the Second Amendment even been mentioned in the debates yet? I'm not understanding why a thread needed to be made on this.
In the US advocating the carry and use of guns by ordinary citizens is both political and controversal and leads to differences of opinions on www forums, regardless of state and federal laws.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:42 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Nor should he. We need more sheriffs and police chiefs like this man in our country.

Sheriff: Time For Citizens To Arm Themselves - Greenville News Story - WYFF Greenville
Do the world a favor...Americans should arm themselves and kill each other.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:54 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
The sherriff should be more concerned about the laws in his state than trying to arm women. If what they are saying about this man is true he should have been locked up a long time ago. The sherriff shouldn't be pushing vigilante justice.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:24 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Default Jimmy Hoffa's 'take out' special endorsed by obama

Jimmy Hoffa has sent his thugs to 'take us out' and the president of the USA has endorsed his message.

The president of the USA has encouraged certain demographics to, 'punish your enemies' in his attempt to divide Americans and begin a strategy of class warfare.

The propaganda machine media luminaries have endorsed the riotous and violent behavior of the Wall St Pros. Flash mobs attack innocent bystanders. Gangs are proliferating in our cities under the protection of civil rights. The USAG is arming drug cartels and blaming the flow of guns on lax US firearm laws.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:40 AM

694 posts, read 745,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
The sherriff should be more concerned about the laws in his state than trying to arm women. If what they are saying about this man is true he should have been locked up a long time ago. The sherriff shouldn't be pushing vigilante justice.
He is not suggesting that people go out looking for bad situations, just that you should be able to defend yourself. Certainly, the use of a firearm should be a last resort. No one (I hope) wants to have to shoot someone, just that we should have the option if it is necessary.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:49 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I tought my lady to put 5 out of 7 on a pie plate at 25 ft. Good enough.

I also told her to keep shooting until the assailant(s) stop being a threat.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:

He's pushing self defense- not vigilante justice

Old 11-01-2011, 08:42 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Do the world a favor...Americans should arm themselves and kill each other.
Do you have a problem with women defending themselves from rapists as this sheriff has suggested?

Quote:
You too have difficulty discerning self-defense from vigilante justice? Seriously? Do you think women should just be victims and await the day in court instead of defending themselves against a rapist? If so, that is pretty twisted and one has to wonder why. Misogyny perhaps?

God made man and woman, Sam Colt made the equal.

I believe in winning the hearts and minds of those intent on using lethal force illegally to cause harm to the innocent: two to the heart and one to the mind.

YMMV
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies