Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 01:25 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,235,806 times

Advertisements

After 9/11, the fear of another attack on U.S. soil cleanly supplanted the fear of having one`s penis chopped off by a vengeful lover in the pantheon of irrational American fears.

While we`re constantly being told that another attack is imminent and that radical Islamic fundamentalists are two steps away from establishing a caliphate in Branson, Missouri, just how close are they? How do the odds of dying in a terrorist attack stack up against the odds of dying in other unfortunate situations?

NSC Study Shows You are More Likely to Killed By a Cop Than a Terrorist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 01:27 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,924,458 times
Probably more likely to be killed under the watch of a physician too. Why not start a thread on that, just another cop hater?

Old 10-31-2011, 01:28 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,055 times
But you're 100 times more likely to be killed standing next to a terrorist by a policeman.

Spoiler
Than standing next to an 86 year old grandmother.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:29 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,443,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
After 9/11, the fear of another attack on U.S. soil cleanly supplanted the fear of having one`s penis chopped off by a vengeful lover in the pantheon of irrational American fears.

While we`re constantly being told that another attack is imminent and that radical Islamic fundamentalists are two steps away from establishing a caliphate in Branson, Missouri, just how close are they? How do the odds of dying in a terrorist attack stack up against the odds of dying in other unfortunate situations?

NSC Study Shows You are More Likely to Killed By a Cop Than a Terrorist
So your point is what? We should not hunt terrorists?
We should not be vigilant in fighting against terrorism? We should hate the police?

The reason attacks are not higher here is because we do all of the above that i posted and beyond! Well except to hate our police that we should not do!

Old 10-31-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Probably more likely to be killed under the watch of a physician too. Why not start a thread on that, just another cop hater?
Not a cop hater at all. Were you more up to speed as to what is posted then you would have read that earlier today. in another thread. You must agree it is an interesting fact.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:39 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,986,699 times
In the U.S. you are more than twice as likely to kill yourself than to be killed by another.

This has nothing to do with the OP. It is just an interesting fact that this thread made me recall. Sorry.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
So your point is what? We should not hunt terrorists?
We should not be vigilant in fighting against terrorism? We should hate the police?

The reason attacks are not higher here is because we do all of the above that i posted and beyond! Well except to hate our police that we should not do!
I guess if i have to explain it to you then i will! You see; we have all these people getting shook up and scared etc about a Muslim or two that we see on a airplane etc. We have even had Jewish people thought to be terrorists and airplanes diverted. So all in all you don't have to be so paranoid. We don't have to hate police or Muslims either. Yes we should remain vigilant against Terrorism. Feel better now?

Old 10-31-2011, 01:43 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,443,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I guess if i have to explain it to you then i will! You see; we have all these people getting shook up and scared etc about a Muslim or two that we see on a airplane etc. We have even had Jewish people thought to be terrorists and airplanes diverted. So all in all you don't have to be so paranoid. We don't have to hate police or Muslims either. Yes we should remain vigilant against Terrorism. Feel better now?
It's called Profiling and it works! Not Hate!

Old 10-31-2011, 01:46 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,246 times
I would hope that there's significantly more police officers in the US than terrorists... just sayin.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:47 PM

300 posts, read 250,255 times
With the way the cops have been becoming more militarized and aggressive, I'm actually surprised it's only 8 times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies