Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 07:14 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
It would send a better message. I would think it would be worth the time to configure their devices to use freeware and free and community supported operating systems rather than closed proprietary ones. Just wondering?
Once you understand what they are protesting you will be able to answer your own question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 07:16 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,393,394 times
It's not the most user friendly of suites. And you know America, we like easy.

Bring out the word 'kernal' and you've lost 99% of the consumer audience.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:17 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,551,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Once you understand what they are protesting you will be able to answer your own question.
Oh, do tell us what they are protesting.

Help us understand.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
I always see where all the people against the protesters say they are just a lazy bunch of freeloaders. Looks like you could possibly fit that lazy part. Do the research for yourself, I did. This forum has to have some of Americas most useless citizens, not saying you are one.
I'm not involved in OWS, and you don't know what I do in meatspace either.

But I think the original question was about what exactly they stood for.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
Oh, do tell us what they are protesting.

Help us understand.
Corruption on Wall Street, the reason why they are protesting on wall street. Come on, get with the program.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:28 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
The 99%ers have generalized corporate greed, rather than focusing solely on Obamatron orgs. like GS and MF global, as well as BoA, JP Morgan, etc.

Generalizing corporate greed and using iPhones/iPads rather than Linux products is the epitome of hypocrisy.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Corruption on Wall Street, the reason why they are protesting on wall street. Come on, get with the program.
What can Wall Street make you do if government is not their enforcer?

Old 10-31-2011, 07:34 PM

1,147 posts, read 909,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
It would send a better message. I would think it would be worth the time to configure their devices to use freeware and free and community supported operating systems rather than closed proprietary ones. Just wondering?
Because linux is a cute nerd toy but ultimately it sucks if you want to get something done, or at least done well. The desktop sucks, and commercial app availability is severely limited.

Gimp does NOT compare to Photoshop. Ok, maybe Photoshop 2.0, from the 90's, but not today.

Open Office is the most bloated piece of crap I have ever used. Word just works better. Aside from that, how many times are you going to call someone and ask that they resend in ODT format because you can't convert from the latest version of Word yet?

Firefox, is the only usable app that runs on Linux! (unless of course you're just looking for a nerd toy and want to save a hundred bucks on Windows 7.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
What can Wall Street make you do if government is not their enforcer?
I don't understand what you are trying to say but did you know wall street and the large banks own the government. They tell the government what laws they want written, what laws they want changed, hell half the people in government use to work for all the large banks and investment firms on wall street.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
I don't understand what you are trying to say but did you know wall street and the large banks own the government. They tell the government what laws they want written, what laws they want changed, hell half the people in government use to work for all the large banks and investment firms on wall street.
The government has been flipped twice in the past four years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies