Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 11:29 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times

Advertisements

51 Congressmen | Eric Holder Resignation | Justice Department | The Daily Caller

Quote:
“No matter how many times the attorney general’s statement of when he was aware of Operation Fast and Furious changes — and it has changed almost daily — at the end of the day, he is the head of the Department of Justice and the buck stops with him,” said Westmoreland.

“It’s time for Mr. Holder to hold himself accountable,” he added.

On Thursday morning there were 46 congressmen demanding Holder’s resignation. Holder is currently on a taxpayer-subsidized junket in the Caribbean with his spokeswoman Tracy Schmaler, who has repeatedly declined to answer questions about the increasing congressional disapproval of Holder’s job performance.
When the kitchen gets too hot, time and time again we see the key players in the Obama administration flee the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 02:47 PM

23,550 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Default "holder's responsibilities.....restore the agency's focus on protecting our civil rights."

But, but, but my senator says.......... "Holder will need to win back the public's confidence in the Justice Department. The agency has been tainted by the political agenda of the Bush Administration."

Even with such a glowing recommendation the senator has left some wiggle room in case Holder didin't work out. Hmmmm?

"Thank for you contacting me to express your view on the nomination of Eric Holder for Attorney General in the new Administration. Your opinion is very important to me, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond to you on this vital issue.

It is encouraging to see such a gifted, experienced, and committed leader nominated to become the first African American Attorney General of the United States. I am particularly pleased to see a fellow civil rights advocate nominated to lead the Justice Department. Part of Mr. Holder's responsibilities in DOJ will be to restore the agency's focus on protecting our civil rights.

If confirmed as the next chief U.S. law enforcement officer, Holder will need to win back the public's confidence in the Justice Department. The agency has been tainted by the political agenda of the Bush Administration. U.S. Attorneys were fired if they did not make the political grade and civil rights violations were pursued half-heartedly. This must change in the Obama Administration. I expect the new Attorney General to correct these past problems and steer the agency back to a place of independence.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I appreciate your support. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of more assistance. I invite you to visit my website (Robert Menendez - US Senator for New Jersey: Home) to learn of other important issues to New Jersey."

Old 11-20-2011, 02:49 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,918 times
Thank you for this good report! should not be only 30 but then even some of our elected officials have got to be fearful of these radicals that are in power.

We have got to get this racist mentality out of what used to be our Justice Department.

Old 11-20-2011, 02:50 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Thank you for this good report! should not be only 30 but then even some of our elected officials have got to be fearful of these radicals that are in power.

We have got to get this racist mentality out of what used to be our Justice Department.
It is not only 30, the number is up to 51 now.

Old 11-20-2011, 02:51 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Up to 51 now. I guess the story will be thoroughly covered when it reaches a majority???? Meanwhile they were trying to run gonzo out for asking for the resignation of 8 attorneys back in the day. Much worse than being complicit in the murder of a US citizen in the eyes of the media I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies