Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 12:59 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,126 times

Advertisements

Obama: God wants us to put people back to work

Quote:
"I trust in God, but God wants to see us help ourselves by putting people back to work."
God talked to President Obama and told him that He wanted the Federal government to put people back to work. Reminds me of Bush and "God told me to invade Iraq."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 01:02 PM

760 posts, read 685,505 times
I find it so odd that this is seen as normal in our society. Replace god with spaghetti monster and you'd be called crazy.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:03 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,062,579 times
Oh my, Sarah, Rick and Michelle converted him. Can you imagine the histrionics by the secular progressives if any of them had said that?

Old 11-02-2011, 01:08 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Obama: God wants us to put people back to work

God talked to President Obama and told him that He wanted the Federal government to put people back to work. Reminds me of Bush and "God told me to invade Iraq."

Barack Hussein: "Allah Akbar!!"

Old 11-02-2011, 01:15 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
First things first:

Barack Obama fouled up in a recent speech by saying our national motto is "E Plurbis Unum"....when in fact our national motto is "In God We Trust." This created substantial speculation that Obama did this on purpose in order to not use the word "God" in his speech, thereby assuming that the ordinary citizen did not know that "E Plurbis Unum" wasn't the national motto, and thus not catch the error.

But it didn't slip past people or Congress, as Obama hoped. As such, Congress introduced a resolution reaffirming the "In God We Trust" motto in order to embarrass Obama for flubbing something so simple.

My take on it is that Barack Obama is feeling pretty stupid about his intentional screw up, and is now backtracking by incorporating "God" in his latest speech.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:39 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,458,259 times
This is honestly disappointing. I truly can't believe that it's 2011 and we still have people thinking there is some sort of omnipotent security camera monitoring our every move. Worse yet, I can't believe that we have any politician, and I am typically a supporter of Obama, who could carry on with this sort of ridiculous drivel. His statement is no less ludicrous than any football player who thinks Jesus threw him the perfect pass or the lone survivor of a hurricane that killed almost everyone.

When I hear our nation's elected representatives blather on with this nonsense about talking to God (as in a literal conversation) I begin to get extremely worried that they are developing a form of psychosis. And, apparently, God has many conflicting conversations with our politicians. After all, he's told Rick Perry, Michelle Bachmann, and Rick Santorum that he wanted them to run for President. I guess he's also talking to Obama now, probably in an attempt to play both side of the political aisle. I'm sure he told Bush to invade Iraq in 2003 and told Obama to get out in 2011.

For Christ's sake... People talk about Mitt Romney as a flip-flopper but this God these politicians keep referring to and who have a direct line to truly seems to change his mind on virtually every single topic almost every single day.

I think we should make it mandatory that all politicians who wish to blather on about such nonsense should say the following: "Last night I sat down with Odin, Thor, and Zeus about 'X Legislation.' We all agreed on the following."

Old 11-02-2011, 01:39 PM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times
The correct response - from the article in the OP...

Quote:
House Republican aides said the baseball and the "In God We Trust" items were procedural matters that took less than 20 minutes -- and that the GOP-run House has also passed some 20 pieces that would promote job creation through reduced regulations and tax changes.

"At this point, the White House will create any sideshow they can to distract from the fact the House has sent jobs bill after jobs bill over to the Democrat-run Senate, only to see them collect dust," said Brendan Buck, a spokesman for House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:45 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
First things first:

Barack Obama fouled up in a recent speech by saying our national motto is "E Plurbis Unum"....when in fact our national motto is "In God We Trust." This created substantial speculation that Obama did this on purpose in order to not use the word "God" in his speech...
And I'm glad we have a President who gets it. Just as Reagan did in 1983:

"The motto of the United States is "E Pluribus Unum," from many, one. Well, more than any other institution, our schools built that one from the many"

Leave it to religious fanatics to push their agenda as they did in 1956.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:48 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,267 times
Liberalism: The belief that a human fetus is a blob of goo, but cutting down trees is a sin.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:49 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
And I'm glad we have a President who gets it. Just as Reagan did in 1983:

"The motto of the United States is "E Pluribus Unum," from many, one. Well, more than any other institution, our schools built that one from the many"

Leave it to religious fanatics to push their agenda as they did in 1956.
Very interesting. As I understand it, E Pluribus Unum was the de facto motto until 1956, when "In God We Trust" was codified. Maybe Ronnie was pulling from the Old School that he grew up in? Who knows...but I do know that Obama has no excuse, considering he was born after 1956.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies