Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 03:56 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,833,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
.........So, no....I'd be more impressed if he had
a masters in economics than climbing some stupid mountain.
About Gary Johnson

No doubt he has a better grasp on how to create jobs than our current POTUS. IMO, Ron Paul has the real economic mind of the 2012 candidates. Gary Johnson would no doubt make a valuable member of a Ron Paul cabinet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 03:42 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,714,566 times
Default Gary's got economic adviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Climbing Everest isn't anywhere near as tough as it used to be. In fact, a lot of serious climbers have referenced how it's become somewhat "touristy". They even had some recent commentary that *marginal* people are gumming up the summit approaches causing more serious climbers delays up in the dead zone and making it more dangerous.

Most people in decent health with some reasonable training and enough money can climb it.

Apa Sherpa has done it 19 times and a 70 year old Japanese guy has done it too.

So, no....I'd be more impressed if he had a masters in economics than climbing some stupid mountain.

Gary has Harvard Econ Prof Jeffrey Miron for economic adviser, but Gary is very frugal. Even though he is wealthy, he built his own house.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:25 PM

77,950 posts, read 60,105,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
Gary has Harvard Econ Prof Jeffrey Miron for economic adviser, but Gary is very frugal. Even though he is wealthy, he built his own house.
Then maybe you should start a thread about how he should be elected because of those qualities instead of that he climbed Mount Everest?

My only point is that climbing Everest counting as a plus for electibility is rather dumb.

As an aside note, Everest is easier than ever to climb and the flood of older tourists has even lead to deaths in recent years as they logjam the mountain where they are hand-held the entire way by sherpas. With enough money you can probably pay a team of sherpa to carry some 85yo up the mountain and back down.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:57 PM

10,582 posts, read 9,756,582 times
Will Gary Johnson Mount Everest climb help him in the 2012 election?

Al Gore says that merely climbing to 5,000 feet (with the help of Air Force One) caused Barack Obama to completely blow the first debate.

What will he say about Gary Johnson's climb to 29,092 feet (without an aircraft), and it effect on his fitness to be President?

Old 10-12-2012, 12:59 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,218,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter 1 View Post
We all know Gary Johnson climb up Mount Everest the tallest mountain in the World and he did that when he was 50 back in 2003 will it help him in the 2012 election it is pretty remarkable for anyone to do that and he inspires everyone with his fitness he has reach the summit of the world highest mountain will he get to the summit of the US Government in 2012?

Former governor scales Mount Everest / LJWorld.com

Maverick N.M. politician always on trail - Washington Times

I am starting to support him now in the 2012 election I think it will be cool he will be the first President of the United States of America to ever climb up Mount Everest.
No.
why? because some states do not recognize a 3rd. party, and you will waste your vote/voice.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:02 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,539,490 times
At best Gary Johnson may decide who takes the swing states and therefore the presidential election. I would venture to say Johnson will help Romney more by more Obama voters than Romney voters deciding to vote for Johnson.

Old 10-12-2012, 03:13 PM

465 posts, read 506,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
No.
why? because some states do not recognize a 3rd. party, and you will waste your vote/voice.
he's gonna be on all 50 states and also i live in a state where no matter what it will go red so why vote for someone i don't believe in.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:50 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,933,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
It helps him about as much as the fact that I've ridden a bicycle 100 miles in a day helps me get elected president in 2012.
The difference is that Gary Johnson is actually running for president and you are not.

If you are - then you had better do a better job of getting your name out there and telling people why they should write your name in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies