Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 11:27 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,571,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Marine 1967 View Post
please show me where in the poll, it says the 72% support all those "ideas",I posted the questions, which you dismissed
Why?

Quote:
the bill is not a jobs bill
Thank you for your opinion, duly noted and disregarded as such.

If you'd like reference for the numbers within the poll that substantiate the thread topic as well as the quote, please go to page 7.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 11:36 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,874,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
I'm not claiming anything.

72 percent of the American people support the ideas in this bill -- 72 percent of Americans agree with this -- Republicans, Democrats and independents -- there's no excuse for 100 percent of Washington Republicans to say no," said the president. "That's means that the Republicans in Washington are out of touch with Republican voters."

I have no doubt if CNN had asked the next logical question, which would be, "do you want your taxes raised to pay for this", the answer would be NO.

But how to reconcile your poll and my two polls that are polar opposites.

People think his policies have failed and WILL fail in the next stimulus. Can't get any more clearer than that.

Just ask Colorado voters what they think of tax increases to fund more government crap.

I prefer to believe ELECTIONS rather than polls, however. And the 2010 was ALL ABOUT stopping obama's tax and spend big government. The GOP is doing EXACTLY what the voters want.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

I have no doubt if CNN had asked the next logical question, which would be, "do you want your taxes raised to pay for this", the answer would be NO.

But how to reconcile your poll and my two polls that are polar opposites.

People think his policies have failed and WILL fail in the next stimulus. Can't get any more clearer than that.

Just ask Colorado voters what they think of tax increases to fund more government crap.

I prefer to believe ELECTIONS rather than polls, however. And the 2010 was ALL ABOUT stopping obama's tax and spend big government. The GOP is doing EXACTLY what the voters want.
lol...of course you have no doubt. Don't worry, McCain/Palin will win the election.

Exactly what the voters want huh? You're going to love my next thread topic...

Why has Congress' approval nosedived under Republican Teaparty Leadership?

In the meantime 72% is a pretty high number of folks, isn't it?

Old 11-03-2011, 11:53 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,548,835 times
Quote:
lol...of course you have no doubt. Don't worry, McCain/Palin will win the election.

Exactly what the voters want huh? You're going to love my next thread topic...

In the meantime 72% is a pretty high number of folks, isn't it?
Nobody in Congress is running for President.

The voters want Obama out.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:53 AM

277 posts, read 228,300 times
Quote:
congress approval was the lowest under pelosi

Old 11-03-2011, 11:55 AM

Default uh huh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
Nobody in Congress is running for President.

The voters want Obama out.

There's no excuse for 100 percent of Washington Republicans to say no," said the president. "That's means that the Republicans in Washington are out of touch with Republican voters."

Old 11-03-2011, 11:55 AM

402 posts, read 588,637 times
Essentially he's right. The vast majority of Republicans I know are not wealthy at all. They are blue-collar and tend to be on the lower end of middle class. Those are the ones who would typically have those jobs in construction. The Republicans in Washington tend to be wealthy and only focused on passing legislation that would benefit other equally wealthy individuals.

I will stand by what I've always said: you're an idiot if you're a Republican and you're not rich.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:56 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,902,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
Nobody in Congress, except for Ron Paul, Bachmann, ..... is running for President.

The right-wing voters want Obama out.
There FIXED it for ya

Cool lol

Quote:
congress approval was the lowest under pelosi

I see you can't wait for my new thread either...in the meantime -

There's no excuse for 100 percent of Washington Republicans to say no," said the president. "That's means that the Republicans in Washington are out of touch with Republican voters."

1,568 posts, read 1,548,835 times
Quote:
Sure there is. They don't want to vote for another Obama slush fund.

Weren't you paying attention in 2010?

Which Republican was elected in 2010 to rubberstamp Obama's crap? None of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies