Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 11:49 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,683,913 times

Advertisements

Well if they have work visas then they can demand fair compensation just as Americans would. So I think it would just create a glut of unemployed, since the whole reason they get hired over Americans is that their employers can pay them less than minimum wage and they know they'll be too scared to tell authorities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 11:51 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,912,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Well if they have work visas then they can demand fair compensation just as Americans would. So I think it would just create a glut of unemployed, since the whole reason they get hired over Americans is that their employers can pay them less than minimum wage and they know they'll be too scared to tell authorities.
This is why I ask the pro-illegals why they want amnesty so bad. The Mexicans that become amnestied will only be laid off, and then that will create even more of a demand for more illegal Mexican labor. The first amnesty is proof positive of this, and the newly minted American citizens will add to the unemployment burden. I wonder if they then will complain that illegals are taking their jobs?

Old 11-03-2011, 11:56 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,868,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
This is why I ask the pro-illegals why they want amnesty so bad. The Mexicans that become amnestied will only be laid off, and then that will create even more of a demand for more illegal Mexican labor. The first amnesty is proof positive of this, and the newly minted American citizens will add to the unemployment burden. I wonder if they then will complain that illegals are taking their jobs?
Exactly, and then they will have an even bigger network of legal friends and family to encourage even more Illegal immigration.

They need to deal with their own countries like the Arabs are doing in the middle east right now.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:12 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,683,913 times
Quote:
That's why it's a two-pronged issue. You can't just focus on the supply but also on the demand... companies hire them because they know the feds won't do anything about it and they know the feds will stop their states from doing anything about it.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:15 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,907,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
That's why it's a two-pronged issue. You can't just focus on the supply but also on the demand... companies hire them because they know the feds won't do anything about it and they know the feds will stop their states from doing anything about it.
Translation: Elect Perry and expect more of the same.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:19 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,868,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Translation: Elect Perry and expect more of the same.
What's odd is that the Texas Dream Act is what caused a dive in Perry's support and poll numbers when it came up in the debates.

And now he decides to shoot himself in the other foot ?!?!

No wonder he's not commiting to further debates as the more the US Republicans hear about him the less they like.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:26 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,658,365 times
Quote:
That's what the pro-illegals don't realize or they don't care because they don't realize they would have to start paying their cheap servants minimum wage and benefits like overtime pay, workman's comp, taxes, and of course the cheap labor advocates aren't going to want to do that.

They would simply let their amnestied illegals go and start bringing in more illegals.

The illegals and their family members want amnesty just for that reason. They can demand unemployment benefits, SSI, and also social security retirement checks.

That's one of the big reasons for demand for amnesty. Hundreds of thousands of illegals are reaching retirement age and they failed to plan for their "golden years". They want in on our Social Security program - and fast. It's already come up under Bush -- how to get the illegals a social security check when they retire. They've even proposed letting the illegals claim to have stolen a social security number and say they used it for 10 years in order to receive a nice fat check every month from our government.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:26 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,184,213 times
I voted against Perry in two governor's races because of his open border position. I hope he doesn't get the nomination. I'll have to vote for him if he does, and I really don't want to do that. I don't want to vote for any Bildeberger sponsored candidate, but if the alternative is Obama, well....

Old 11-04-2011, 12:31 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,658,365 times
Perry's heart was sold to the cheap labor lobby, that's who owns his heart. He is just another puppet of the cheap labor globalists, just like his NAFTA super highway where they planned to confiscate peoples' land to build the big international highways. Perry has no use for Americans or the middle class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies