Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 09:06 AM

306 posts, read 603,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic? View Post
If a neighborhood in California which is only 40% white was almost all white people, people would complain it was not diverse enough or even use the the word racist. But Daly City can be 90% Asian and it is not racist or wrong? Why?
Dude Daly City is a small city. The whole peninsula is a white neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 09:36 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,322,994 times
Go to Provo, Utah...where like the whole town is white...is that bad?

The poster really needs to travel around more...

Old 11-07-2011, 05:48 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the swede23 View Post
when people talk about how intermarriage is gone do us all brown what a joke. for the first how often do you her people talking about tiger woods, halle berry and barack obama as white people never they looks like afro americans and therefore they gone feel home be in the black community. The same with intermarriage between asians and white. i have one asian friend and no can believe he has a white mother. He looks like any other asian guy. And looking at brazil they look like blacks but in genetically they are very intermarriage.
What?

Old 11-07-2011, 05:51 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Go to Provo, Utah...where like the whole town is white...is that bad?

The poster really needs to travel around more...

I don't think you get the OP's point.

If I say I want to live around White (Caucasian) people (I am Caucasian), I am labeled racist.

If a Black person says he wants to live around Black people, it is not racist. He is just expressing himself and wants to be around "his people".

There is always a double standard. Whites cannot be proud of being White. But Latinos, Asians, Blacks can say they are proud of being XYZ and it is perfectly fine.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:24 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I don't think you get the OP's point.

If I say I want to live around White (Caucasian) people (I am Caucasian), I am labeled racist.

If a Black person says he wants to live around Black people, it is not racist. He is just expressing himself and wants to be around "his people".

There is always a double standard. Whites cannot be proud of being White. But Latinos, Asians, Blacks can say they are proud of being XYZ and it is perfectly fine.
The major problem with your assertion is that White history, heritage and culture is promoted constantly in this society. You don't have to be proud of being White, because your existence is the default and the rest of us live in comparison to you. Whites are the privileged class in this society.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:11 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,804,560 times
Quote:
Why would you say that?

Old 11-07-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Why would you say that?
For the same reason someone with a different skin color and background would. (About living around people from the same ethnic group as them).

What is the difference between them and me? I can't have opinions on where I want to live and why because I am White? What kind of BS is that?

And I have lived in a black neighborhood in Boston and was not very welcome there because I did not fit in...and I wasn't the only one!

Old 11-07-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
For the same reason someone with a different skin color and background would. (About living around people from the same ethnic group as them).

What is the difference between them and me? I can't have opinions on where I want to live and why because I am White? What kind of BS is that?
You sound like someone who says and does things based on what others say and do. You've no perspective and position of your own?

Old 11-07-2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You sound like someone who says and does things based on what others say and do. You've no perspective and position of your own?
I live in a town where 98% of the population is White and I chose to live here because the crime rates are low and it is among the top 5 best schools districts in the state... It happens to be a "white" town and I love it here.

So what?

Old 11-07-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
I live in a town where 98% of the population is White and I chose to live here because the crime rates are low and it is among the top 5 best schools districts in the state... It happens to be a "white" town and I love it here.

So what?
If your reasoning is NOT based on skin color, but other reasons as quality of life, you don't have to feel guilty regardless of what people say about you. Likewise, your attitude towards an Asian who chooses to surround self with culture of one's choice, is a moot point.

It is why I prefer not to dwell in a pissing contest about superiority of races or societies that they define.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies