Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2011, 02:45 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
And another thing I find questionable, I don't think someone with 25 million would keep it all in one spot like the OP claims to. Again, just dumb.

I guess that success would suggest that perhaps you are wrong. My money is not "all in one spot" by any means, however, there is a significant amount in one area. If you thought that "diversification" of investments was wise, you are wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 04:49 PM

569 posts, read 671,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Your story mirrors the majority of people in the middle class. Your work ethic, making the right decisions, charting a path to success, providing for your family...just doing the right thing all around.
The majority of the middle class sold pot to put themselves through school??

Old 12-05-2011, 05:03 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidgetsmidget View Post
The majority of the middle class sold pot to put themselves through school??

Sorry-

I was FAR BELOW middle class. When one is faced with limited options, one tends to pursue those that are the most readily available to achieve goals. Selling weed to rich and middle class kids, who had all the benefits in the world but neglected them, was, in my mind, perfectly rational. I saw them as spoiled brats who did not know how lucky they were. One of my buddies, who now owns an engineering firm in Indiana, did the same.

Don't all the libs want pot on demand? Well, I was just a cog in the wheels of that process that was satisfying all the liberals desires. What did I care if a bunch of brats wasted thier minds and effort on pot?

PS- I still don't care about brats who throw away their opportunities. I thought libs say that smoking pot is perfectly fine and does not affect one's motivation or outcome in life? If that is true, then no harm- no foul. I, for one, was not dumb enough, nor was I priveledged enough, to dull my wits and motivation to compete in the world. I look at these OWS brats as the same type of spoiled rich kids who are too dense to understand all the opportunities they have.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:18 PM

569 posts, read 671,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Sorry-

I was FAR BELOW middle class. When one is faced with limited options, one tends to pursue those that are the most readily available to achieve goals. Selling weed to rich and middle class kids, who had all the benefits in the world but neglected them, was, in my mind, perfectly rational. I saw them as spoiled brats who did not know how lucky they were. One of my buddies, who now owns an engineering firm in Indiana, did the same.

Don't all the libs want pot on demand? Well, I was just a cog in the wheels of that process that was satisfying all the liberals desires. What did I care if a bunch of brats wasted thier minds and effort on pot?

PS- I still don't care about brats who throw away their opportunities. I thought libs say that smoking pot is perfectly fine and does not affect one's motivation or outcome in life? If that is true, then no harm- no foul. I, for one, was not dumb enough, nor was I priveledged enough, to dull my wits and motivation to compete in the world. I look at these OWS brats as the same type of spoiled rich kids who are too dense to understand all the opportunities they have.
I actually don't care that you sold pot. Should be legal. I was responding to Sanrene who claimed you did it the way other middle class people did it. I was asking if she was claiming other middle classers rose to the top by selling pot.

You seem to have a very negative view of those around you between the OWS brats and spoiled rich kids to which you are refering. It is bothersome that a doctor has such a negative view of many he may be asked to treat.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:19 PM

679 posts, read 660,593 times
The problem is not making to the 1% but rather the 1% exists. Not everyone who works hard will get there and this creates a largely unfair society.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:28 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateisota View Post
The problem is not making to the 1% but rather the 1% exists. Not everyone who works hard will get there and this creates a largely unfair society.
Well your society would leave everyone at a place where they couldn't afford a Ferrari or some of the more expensive things on this planet. If no one can afford a Ferrari then Ferrari doesn't exist and neither does all of the technological advances that came with such a top notch firm as Ferrari. In turn, the whole society suffers and loses out on the most talented having endless barriers to their dreams.

Just because you suck at dreaming and following through with those dreams doesn't mean everyone should live in your sucky world.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 12-05-2011 at 06:29 PM..

Old 12-05-2011, 05:37 PM

656 posts, read 648,141 times
Quote:
I grew up poor an lived in a trailer. I worked my butt off from the time I was eight years old. I always had "straight As" in elementary school, junior high, high school, college, and med school. I knew no one would take care of me, except for myself. My father gave me $100 for college. I did not take a dime from the federal government and worked my way through school. Today, I am worth over $20 million. Screw the hippies camping out and protesting AMERICA. I am a "a 1% ter'. To hell with the lazy bums who did not sacrifice and work as hard as I did. Choices in life have consequences- go to hell.

I did not become successful by camping out with dirtbags who are supported by daddy's money and complaining. You should have made better decisions in life, particularly when you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth. You are the dregs of the US and an embarrassment to the principles of a work ethic. Get a job, you bums.

Signed- A "1% ter" who did not have nearly the opportunities you lazy and ingracious dead beats had.
Then you need to get a job and donate to charities, instead of using your 1%er money to not work and spend 100% of your time arguing with strangers on the Internets. How selfish.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:42 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Sorry-

What point are you trying to get across? I don't admire someone who looks down on others in such a hateful way. No matter how much money is in his bank account.

I wish there were a vomit icon.

Old 12-05-2011, 06:25 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,834,563 times
Quote:
So the idea is to eliminate the normal 'bell' curve financially speaking in this country and somehow twist it into a square? or a rectangle? Even in these scenarios there would still be a top 1%. I suppose if it were to be a single infinitely tall spike then there wouldn't be.

Last edited by tyanger; 12-05-2011 at 06:43 PM..

Old 12-05-2011, 07:50 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,858,996 times
Quote:
Ahhh.... A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to repay with your money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies