Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 09:00 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,874,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
Right now in western North Dakota there's a massive boom going on in the oilfields out there. At this time there are over 10,000 positions open, averaging $70K per year. In many of these positions, no experience is required and relocation, per diem, and housing is included. If the losers in these occupy movements you support really wanted high paying jobs, they'd be heading to North Dakota in droves.
-By the way...Even McDonalds is paying $15/hr out there due to a massive lack of workers in the area.
You bet there is. My hubby makes frequent trips to the area around Bismarck - the place is booming. You still wouldn't find any of these entitled trust fund babies and lazy free loaders heading that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 09:18 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,023,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I don't support Communists, Marxists, violent union thugs, radical Islam, terrorist organizations, etc... . Apparently you do.

» The 99%: The Official List of #OccupyWallStreet’s Supporters, Sponsors and Sympathizers - Big Government
Spent a little time reading some articles in this website. That's the kind of crap I use to read when I was a die hard Republican and believed every word they said. Glad I finally woke up and realized it was nothing but right wing propaganda supporting the people who have screwed up our system. And I am not a liberal or Obama supporter. Just a person who reads a lot and questions everything I read.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:20 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,548,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I wasn't playing to win and since you already have your token A.A. you won't need (or hire me) because there will never be two of us hired at one jobsite. But you and I can jockey around the semantics till the cows come home. The system is broken. The system is not sustainable. The system had to be threatened. I don't want to be a roughneck. America is creating thousands.. of blue collar niche industry opportunities at a time when millions of red, white and blue collar opportunities are needed, in every state of the union. Deny that.

H
What economic system creates the exact job you want in the exact place you want it?

Old 11-06-2011, 12:02 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,129,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
I certainly don't think a person unwilling to do oilfield work is a loser, but I'm just giving an example to all of you "protesters" that high paying work is still easy to find in the USA. If you'd rather protest instead of putting money in your pocket, fine; but don't hold your hand out and ask for any of my hard-earned money. It's not my responsibility to provide you and your ilk with free housing, free food, free transportation, free college, or free medicine simply because you want to "steal" it from the hard working taxpayers of this country. Do yourself a favor...Get a job.
Whoa. You seem to equate the protesters with people on welfare or some such. Not a equation I draw. And since I'm not asking you or anyone else for anything, I'll do what I damn well please. And I heartily disagree that there are plentiful high paying jobs out there. Maybe in the most god awful wintry corner of our nation, but not where people actually live.

Old 11-06-2011, 12:04 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,856,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Spent a little time reading some articles in this website. That's the kind of crap I use to read when I was a die hard Republican and believed every word they said. Glad I finally woke up and realized it was nothing but right wing propaganda supporting the people who have screwed up our system. And I am not a liberal or Obama supporter. Just a person who reads a lot and questions everything I read.
Attack the messenger but each organization on the list is sourced a number of times. Nice attempt at deflection. I am not a die hard Republican so you fail on your attempt at a personal attack.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:01 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,359,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I don't support Communists, Marxists, violent union thugs, radical Islam, terrorist organizations, etc... . Apparently you do.

» The 99%: The Official List of #OccupyWallStreet’s Supporters, Sponsors and Sympathizers - Big Government
I'd like to see this list cross-referenced with the WH visitor logs (both copies).

Old 11-06-2011, 03:05 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,359,165 times
Quote:
The Occupy Movement has gone way beyond where it can be discredited by the filming of a video depicting fake "head-hunters" who can't dress picking out the obvious drifter in an OWS encampment and offering him a chauffer's job. More informative are the comments. If that is what some people think of the occupy movement the country is indeed in trouble. The wealthy have more than doubled their wealth in half my lifetime. What happens when they double it again? Where will any of you be in a country where the 1% have all the wealth? Support Our Protesters!

H
And yet the leftist media can spot every 'racist bigot' with NO problem (or agenda) at TEA Party rallies.

Pathetic argument.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:24 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,388,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You bet there is. My hubby makes frequent trips to the area around Bismarck - the place is booming. You still wouldn't find any of these entitled trust fund babies and lazy free loaders heading that way.

How would unemployed people without money or cars get there? Presumably they could get a job at McDonald's except they wouldn't be able to live anywhere near their job, which means they would have to commute from God knows where, except without a car that wouldn't be possible, at least this time of year.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Interesting that you think that Reagan destroyed capitalism in America.

I think she's saying Carter destroyed it.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:35 AM

Quote:
The Occupy Movement has gone way beyond where it can be discredited by the filming of a video depicting fake "head-hunters" who can't dress picking out the obvious drifter in an OWS encampment and offering him a chauffer's job. More informative are the comments. If that is what some people think of the occupy movement the country is indeed in trouble. The wealthy have more than doubled their wealth in half my lifetime. What happens when they double it again? Where will any of you be in a country where the 1% have all the wealth? Support Our Protesters!

H

Maybe the top 1% have a secret website? doublemywealth.com

(sorry too many cheesy radio commercials lately)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies