Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 05:21 PM

2,441 posts, read 7,006,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Are they? Never heard a gay person telling me, a heterosexual, that I could not get married.
Yes, the attacks on people expressing their beliefs is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbous Moon View Post
TRANSLATION:
"Stop being uppity and get yourself to the back of the marital bus!" ...
This is the combativeness that I am referring to. Your irrelevant and assumptive replies to my valid points show that you don't take others beliefs seriously, yet you want others to listen to you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 05:26 PM

400 posts, read 293,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
I used California because it is the most populace and has one of the largest number of gays and liberals in the nation ... but still did not pass prop 8. There are many states with small numbers of gays and the people would never pass gay marriage.
The liberals control the mainstream media and entertainment which does strongly support gay marriage so they use propagana to try and convince the populace that the majority is for it ... but its not true.
That math is pretty scary, isn't it?

Next November, there will be a vote to repeal Prop, unless Perry v. Schwarzenegger is upheld once and for all in the next month. If the vote does happen, more likely than not the repeal will fail. The numbers are there and obvious. Not because I say so but because the scary math predicts it.

You can blame the pollsters all you want, but you know perfectly well that over an 8-year span between 2000 and 2008, opposition to same-sex marriages in California hemmorhaged 18 percentage points. Thinking that collapse of opposition magically stopped three years ago is nothing but wishful thinking...

You are right in that there are some states that won't enact same-sex marriage laws, just like there were some states that would not to so for interracial marriages. The United States Supreme Court will eventually step in, just like it did in 1967.

And that will be that.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:30 PM

400 posts, read 293,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
Yes, the attacks on people expressing their beliefs is ridiculous.

This is the combativeness that I am referring to. Your irrelevant and assumptive replies to my valid points show that you don't take others beliefs seriously, yet you want others to listen to you...
I could care less what you think; I know people like you will never stop your intransigence. Society is gradually passing you by. I've been happily married to my wife for 16 years, and I want that right that I've enjoyed, the right to marry the consenting adult of my choice, extended to all adults.

You? You just whine about 'combativeness' as an excuse to justify the discrimination you support. Well, enjoy it while it lasts, because time is running out...

Old 11-05-2011, 05:36 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,790,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
There are those, myself among them that feel it immoral.

If you are homosexual we understand that, we acknowledge that.

We however are not going to accept it as approved by us.
That is our belief, that is our right.
Pushing for it to be honest with it's "in your face" rhetoric frankly pisses us off.

We (those in society that believe this) don't want society to be lulled by familiarity with the passing of time that this is ok.
We don't agree.
We do not have to accept it as sanctioned and this pisses homosexuals off....
........just like demanding it does to us.

This is not said in any way except to tell that that's the way some of us look at it.
I respect your opinion, I live in a really small state that has Rehoboth Beach, which is very friendly to gays, like one of the best little towns for gays in the east. I go there with my wife and kids 10-15 times a year, not once have I been approached by any gay about my beliefs on the matter of marriage. Its not like I'm gonna go in a the gay bar and strike up a conversation with them either, although about 18 years ago I offered two lesbians who were making out under the boardwalk to come back to my place and they could make out there without feeling dirty about it. For those efforts on my part I was kicked in the testicles but I don't hold it against other lesbians. Everyone is different I don't expect someone to have my morals and I shouldn't have to have theirs. Its like Walmart to me, I've been to one Walmart in my life and they had one cashier working with 16 customers in line, so I'll never use a Walmart again, things like that I won't tolerate, so I'll never care about that store ever again one way or another, but I won't go on a forum and bash the store every week either. Same goes for people. Thats me though everyone is different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
If homosexuality was normal, excepted and the majority were gay then the population would cease to exist due to no offspring.

Is a Catholic Priest having sex with a male adolescent normal?
Is a pedophile normal?
Is beastiality normal?
I don't think being gay has anything to do with priests, pedophiles, or having sex with animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
The gay agenda is constantly being shoved in our faces. Most people aren't concerned with the gays. They are our neighbors, our friends, our family, our coworkers, etc. It is when the gays attempt become extremely combative when people don't agree with same sex marriage, force people to view excessive outward public displays, then it becomes an issue. The gays are clearly trying to incite drama and then accuse mainstream America of being intolerant and obsessed with their lives when the mainstream reacts.
Where do people live to have a gay agenda slammed in their faces, the only agenda I deal with is the Jehova Witness recruiters, I've never had a group of gay guys show up at my door trying to recruit me, although if they were lesbians I would give them more respect than the Jehova weirdo.

I guess I don't watch enough tv news, I just watch ESPN, Discovery, Weather, and Skinimax. If I could get you guys to focus your passion about this gay issue to write into Skinimax about their dirty movies and not being enough lesbian action in their movies I'd be a genius. Lets face it, none of you guys hate hot lesbians unless your gay and you'd be against any gay dudes in their movies. Please use this passion for intolerence for something good and it will benefit so many straight guys like me and yourselves. As for any ladies well, come on you guys started this nonsense with pillow fights at slumber parties years ago. Boys quit having sleep overs at age 12.

Last edited by James420; 11-05-2011 at 05:50 PM..

Old 11-05-2011, 05:36 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,136,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
There are those, myself among them that feel it immoral.

If you are homosexual we understand that, we acknowledge that.

We however are not going to accept it as approved by us.
That is our belief, that is our right.
Pushing for it to be honest with it's "in your face" rhetoric frankly pisses us off.

We (those in society that believe this) don't want society to be lulled by familiarity with the passing of time that this is ok.
We don't agree.
We do not have to accept it as sanctioned and this pisses homosexuals off....
........just like demanding it does to us.

This is not said in any way except to tell that that's the way some of us look at it.
I think tossing a cigarette to the ground is a bad idea and I'll call someone out when they do that. Why? Because it's damaging to the environment.
I think witnessing a parent beat their kid for 8 minutes in a video is disgusting and I'll say so. Why? Because a child is being assaulted and harmed.

Now, you want to say that homosexuality is immoral and yet, who is harmed by it? If no one, including yourself, is being harmed in any conceivable measurable way, then shut the hell up! I don't stand on street corners telling you what to do in your bedroom, so....

The whole point of this thread, as I understand it, is why is there all this endless badmouthing of homosexuality when no one complaining about it is harmed in ANY way?

Old 11-05-2011, 05:43 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,921,797 times
i dont care.

marriage is a joke anyways and means nothing.

kardashian got married and divorced weeks later.

marriage is more of a strategic thing then anything.

bold statement, but most marriages these days are not out of love, they are an attempt for an individual to improve his/her position.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:44 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,969,784 times
Quote:
That math is pretty scary, isn't it?

Next November, there will be a vote to repeal Prop, unless Perry v. Schwarzenegger is upheld once and for all in the next month. If the vote does happen, more likely than not the repeal will fail. The numbers are there and obvious. Not because I say so but because the scary math predicts it.

You can blame the pollsters all you want, but you know perfectly well that over an 8-year span between 2000 and 2008, opposition to same-sex marriages in California hemmorhaged 18 percentage points. Thinking that collapse of opposition magically stopped three years ago is nothing but wishful thinking...

You are right in that there are some states that won't enact same-sex marriage laws, just like there were some states that would not to so for interracial marriages. The United States Supreme Court will eventually step in, just like it did in 1967.

And that will be that.
You are very misinformed.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:51 PM

2,441 posts, read 7,006,467 times
Quote:
I could care less what you think; I know people like you will never stop your intransigence. Society is gradually passing you by. I've been happily married to my wife for 16 years, and I want that right that I've enjoyed, the right to marry the consenting adult of my choice, extended to all adults.

You? You just whine about 'combativeness' as an excuse to justify the discrimination you support. Well, enjoy it while it lasts, because time is running out...
If you couldn't care less about what I think, why respond to my posts? I don't care about the views of "society." My views are mine. Others clearly share this view, as voters have struck down gay marriage referendums in every election to date.

Ultimately, if gays are allowed to get married everywhere, okay. I will still disagree with it, as our society will be degraded even more, but I will live with it.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:54 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i dont care.

marriage is a joke anyways and means nothing.

kardashian got married and divorced weeks later.

marriage is more of a strategic thing then anything.

bold statement, but most marriages these days are not out of love, they are an attempt for an individual to improve his/her position.
So marriage is returning to traditional values, is what you are saying.

The only logical solution is to allow churches to preform marriages that hold no legal standing.

Allow any individuals to enter into legal contract regarding inheritance
, child custody, power of attorney, etc regardless of sex.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:54 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,192,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Because conservatives are often closet cases and/or feel the need to force their 4000 B.C. morality on the rest of society.
Bingo on the first one

http://www.landman-psychology.com/Ho...%20Arousal.pdf

Plethysmographic studies show when self-described homophobic men and non-homophobic men are shown male homsexual erotic material the homophobes are the only group to exhibit increased penile circumference consistent with sexual arousal. Y'all jus' jealous when you see two studs gettin' it on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
So marriage is returning to traditional values, is what you are saying.

The only logical solution is to allow churches to preform marriages that hold no legal standing.

Allow any individuals to enter into legal contract regarding inheritance
, child custody, power of attorney, etc regardless of sex.
No, "traditional" marriage would be a land and wealth transfer arrangement between the property of one man (his child) to another man. Letting the peons get in on the action let alone for love is an historical aberration and in no way "traditional".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies