Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2011, 10:31 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
So you think the Seals are stupid?

They don't know how to maintain operational security, huh?
The only one accusing the Seals of breaching SECOPS is - you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 10:32 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
The only one accusing the Seals of breaching SECOPS is - you.
No. You did by suggesting that Al Qaeda would have instantly known that OBL was dead.

...like they would have felt a disturbance in the force or something, right?

Old 11-07-2011, 10:33 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Turns out the Community Organizer committed the worst U.S. intelligence blunder in history....
1. Don't you think American people deserved to know that their #1 enemy had been killed, after a 10 year & trillion dollar manhunt?

2. Do you really think Al Qaeda would never have found out about OBLs death if it wasn't for the announcement?

Come one now....

Old 11-07-2011, 10:35 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,515 times
This is a wonderful statement from Joe Scarborough that addresses the hypocrisy and partisanship that has consumed the nation for two decades now. Look in the mirror people.

Quote:
Republicans spent the past decade being shocked and stunned by Democrats who dared to question their president’s motives for going to war in Iraq.

The late liberal lion, Sen. Ted Kennedy, took an extra large heaping of abuse from the right for his constant attacks on George W. Bush’s character as commander in chief. One low point for political civility was when Kennedy said the war in Iraq was “made up in Texas” for political purposes.

The House Republican leader at the time called the remarks “hateful,” “disgusting” and attacked the Massachusetts senator for “insulting the president’s patriotism.”

Rich Lowry, editor of the National Review, characterized this and other similar Kennedy comments as “paranoid lunacy.”

I seem to remember him calling Kennedy’s words “shameful.”

And they were.

Can you imagine any United States senator stooping so low as to suggest that our commander in chief would risk the safety of American troops for political purposes?

Sadly, I can.

That’s why I wasn’t surprised to see GOP politicians lining up to question the president’s character in recent days when the topic of Iraq came up again.

GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham practically lifted Kennedy’s words line for line when he told CBS’s Bob Schieffer that “Iraq and Afghanistan are being run out of Chicago, not Washington.”

Read more: Opinion: Kicking the commander-in-chief for sport - Joe Scarborough - POLITICO.com

Old 11-07-2011, 10:36 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Seals are constantly in countries and not being detected, all the time. And any evidence linking to us from the downed heli could have been discussed with Pakistan behind closed doors. It should have been easy enough to keep it secret for a few weeks if thats what was needed to sift through any evidence.
How in the hell do you keep a downed military helicopter sitting in the middle of an upscale neighborhood secret in a country with a free press?

As for al Qaeda, oh no they would have never known that bin Laden had been either killed or captured because Obama and Zadari got together to keep it quiet?

As for equating the bin Laden Raid with the cooked pre-Iraq war intelligence, I find the words, stupid, idiotic, and insane totally inadequate to describe such an idea.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:37 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
Quote:
So you think the Seals are stupid?

They don't know how to maintain operational security, huh?

You don't know jack about our Special Ops.
Yeah ... cos the Al Quaeda mob would never have noticed that their leader had disappeared

And the Pakistanis would never have noticed those US helicopters flying in over their territory

And OBL's neighbors would have assumed that a bunch of heavily armed men arriving in a helicopter next door was probably just business as usual

I might know jack about special ops but, at least, I am blessed with a modicum of common sense

Old 11-07-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
No. You did.
I suggest you cite where I said that, although I won't be holding my breath.

Listen, your entire argument, such as it is, rests on the idea that members of Seal Team 6 decided to ignore their obligations that comes with a security clearance and blabbed details of the operation to a hack writer. That is your assumption. Care to lay out how that is maintaining operational security?

Pfarrer's reasoning, in turn, is based on the idea that Al Q wouldn't notice that bin Laden was missing, let alone the gunshots or the helicopter parts littering the compound. It's really, seriously stupid, but I guess he knows his intended audience.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:44 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Firstly every one knew that the Saudi Arabians could not be trusted for anything else but selling us oil - Pakistan played any side of the fence that was paying money into their corrupt system...Obama..much like Bush made a blunder - THAT WAS BY NOT ATTACKING THE SAUDIS WHO FUNDED TERRORISM.....the rest of this topic is garbabe ...You do not go after the grunt trigger man - You go after the jerks that hired him...or facilitated his actions with money and shelter...Bush and Obama are both of the status quo - and both put money for the rich above nation...both are disloyal and more loyal to the jerks that killed 3000 innocent people 10 years ago - To send in a squad into Pakistan was showing that everyone involved were all liars - and while I am at it - Hilary Clinton is a twit when it comes to managing foreign policy - for God's sake she could not even manage Bill!

Old 11-07-2011, 10:45 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Oooooh yeah, this was going to be kept secret.

Google helicopter, bin laden and see what you come up with.

Stealth helicopter used on bin Laden [PHOTOS]

Old 11-07-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
No. You did by suggesting that Al Qaeda would have instantly known that OBL was dead.
Where the hell did I say instantly? Pfarrer's idiotic claim, which you found fit to cite, is that Obama's statement spoiled a chance keep the action secret for "weeks and months".

And ignoring for a minute that I never siad "instantly", that has nothing to do with Seal Team 6's OPSEC. You can't crash a helicopter in a Pakistani suburb with it being noticed.

Again, the only one claiminmg that Seal Team 6 would ignore their duty to keep the operational details under wraps is Pfarrer - and you. Have some respect for the force's professionalism, will you?

Quote:
...like they would have felt a disturbance in the force or something, right?
Internet. Cell phones. Hell, local TV. They're not stupid, you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies