Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 09:55 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Newman0 View Post
Quote:
Your fear mongering isn't going to get me to carry a gun.
You want to live in fear, knock yourself out.
Don't you dare try to push that garbage on me; I'm smarter than that.
LOL another very stupid post. If you want to carry a gun do it. If not don't.
That's exactly what she said. So if her post was stupid then what was yours?
Quote:
And you call yourself smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
More importantly we never would have had to suffer through the policies of Bill Clinton. Of course, he knew the danger of armed women thus his AWB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ????????????? View Post
Classical liberal deflection, do you care to address the thread topic?
Nothing in the thread is about Bill Clinton.

Last edited by filihok; 11-07-2011 at 10:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 10:19 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by egamakaded idiut View Post
Rape statistics plummet when the threat of law-abiding citizens carrying guns is known. Guns are the great equalizer.
Do show me the statistics on this...
Here, read this website and see if you can learn something: RAINN: The nation's largest anti-sexual assault organization.One of

Here's one...
2/3 of all rapes are committed by someone known to the victim.
Here's another...
44% of all rapes occur on people under 18.

Now you want to arm kids?
Let's discuss who is fear mongering and making up "facts".

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
So you supplant fear of rape with fear of guns?
Apparently the opposite is true for many.
I have no reason to have or want a gun.
I have read the statistics and they're not pretty.

Funny how you men bandy about the term rape when you have absolutely no idea what it truly is.
Feel free to keep your fear mongering to yourself.

Women are capable of making decisions for their own lives.
We're not a bunch of idiots, no matter how often and in how many new and inventive ways you try to assert that we are.

Last edited by chielgirl; 11-07-2011 at 10:44 PM..

Old 11-07-2011, 10:22 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,510 times
Being armed is wise, and if the criminals had to fear that a large portion of the citizenry in every state might be armed, we'd be safer. The very appearance of strength deters crime, just as when we are in public, if we are one of the ones that looks right at people, not looking lost in thought and unaware, the psychology of the crook is that, of course we are the ones they don't go after.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:24 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Force View Post
I question the effectiveness of a gun in extremely close proximity situations. A person would be better off with something more appropriate such as a knife if properly trained.
the chances of bringing al bundy's wife up to kbar marine corp effectiveness in a few lessons is slim. but for them to jump al and peg out on a walk if al has a 9mm, big mistake. for defense knife to work, u gota practice practice practice just like fencing several times a week.
3 elements of a weapon, possession, training, volition. w/o all 3 u got nothing.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:27 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

Hey, I'm all for you making your own decision on whether or not you want to own or carry a gun, but you should have the same respect of other people's choices, too.
This thread, as are many on CD, another way to push gun agendas... this time by asserting that women are stupid.
I'm rather sick of this.
Keep your fear mongering to your own gender.
How's that.

The little women don't need your paternalistic "concern".

Last edited by chielgirl; 11-07-2011 at 10:38 PM..

Old 11-07-2011, 10:29 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
My wife carries a .38 snub wherever she goes. I just purchased a .20 gauge shotgun for my daughters 12th birthday. Pink one. They know how to use or in my daughters case will know how to use their weapons. Some sad sack comes up on em good luck to em. They're gonna need it.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:31 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
This thread, as are many on CD, another way to push gun agendas... this time by asserting that women are stupid.
I'm rather sick of this.
How's that.
You call the cops chielgirl. Meanwhile as your beaten and mugged or worse remember to thank them as they show up to take you to the hospital and take your report.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:32 PM

227 posts, read 140,927 times
Quote:
Do show me the statistics on this...
Here, read this website and see if you can learn something: RAINN | Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network | RAINN: The nation's largest anti-sexual assault organization.One of

Here's one...
2/3 of all rapes are committed by someone known to the victim.
Here's another...
44% of all rapes occur on people under 18.

Now you want to arm kids?
Let's discuss who is fear mongering and making up "facts".

Apparently the opposite is true for many.
I have no reason to have or want a gun.
I have read the statistics and they're not pretty.

Funny how you men bandy about the term rape when you have absolutely no idea what it truly is.
Feel free to keep your fear mongering to yourself.

Women are capable of making decisions for their own lives.
We're not a bunch of idiots, no matter how often and in how many new and inventive ways you try to assert that we are.

Men don't know what rape is?????????????

If you don't want a gun that is fine. Its when you try to stand in the way of people that wants a gun is when I don't like you people. You are the worst type of people.

"I don't smoke you shouldn't either"

I don't need a car why is it you need one"

I hate guns and nobody should own them"

these are the types of people that are killing this country.

I want a gun to kill scombags when and if they come into my house. I will kill anyone that tries to harm my family. You have no say in whether I get a gun or not. Try to come take my gun and I will shoot you also.

See thats America it is my right.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-08-2011 at 04:51 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 11-07-2011, 10:35 PM

810 posts, read 836,906 times
Quote:
Women are capable of making decisions for their own lives. We're not a bunch of idiots, no matter how often and in how many new and inventive ways you try to assert that we are.
I think you are conflicted between common sense (men in general are likely to attack the vulnerable for their own satisfaction) and ideology (it's not good to have bad consideration of "certain" men even if they are most likely to do rape).

Old 11-07-2011, 10:35 PM

227 posts, read 140,927 times
Quote:
I'm rather sick of this.
How's that.

Its not fear. Get that into your brain. It is a right to own a gun if you want one.

I fear nobody. Why should I be disadvantaged when the criminals have the guns.

Not pushing anything. You do what is right for you. Why post in this thread? you want to push your own agenda of not wanting people to own guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies