Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is calling Obama ghetto goon racist?
yes 87 60.84%
No 56 39.16%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 08:42 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So if someone said the president was an ahole, then calling anyone an ahole suddenly is a racist term because it was directed towards the president?
I really could care less if you call the President an ahole. I don't think that is racist. In my first post in this thread I didn't support calling the President GW bush trailer trash or a hillbilly or a hick. Because you know, those have racial connotations. Granted there are a lot of black, Hispanic, and some Asian hillbillies and hicks (I've seen em) doesn't mean that these terms are applied inferring racial affiliation. Inferring is the key word. And it is all about how you present them. Very few words are just out and out not racist. But when you actually use them in a sentence, you can infer things.

Quiz
Example:
"Man I sure do hate welfare queens. Sucking up all our resources and spitting future criminals out without knowing who the daddy is." What is inferred here?

"Man I sure do hate these racist teabaggers. They should go back to their trailer park where their sister/wife is waiting for them in a moo-moo." What is inferred here?

"Man I sure do hate our president. He is from Kenya and his mom is a ****. He's the affirmative action president. I blame him for everything that has been building up to this moment since the 70s." Whats inferred here.

"Man I sure hate all those "youths" and France burning stuff to the ground. Hooray diversity. Don't you just love the religion of peace."

"Nothing good ever comes from Africa. They should thank white people from taking them out of the stone age." I'm white so I can take claim to all the wondrous inventions that maybe 100 people created throughout the course of history. Black people suck." What's inferred here?

"Man I sure do hate all these H1b1 visa holders. They take our jobs and head back to their country after 5 years and take even more of our jobs with them. Well at least they are not Mexican." What's inferred here?

Through my short time on this particular sub forum. These posts have been made and legions of people have defended them for having no racial connotations whatsoever. Think its kinda of funny actually. People don't come to this board to learn. They come to this board to spout off FEELINGS and their personal thoughts. They didn't come to be corrected. F*CK correction! This is the internet!

Old 11-10-2011, 08:45 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
I really could care less if you call the President an ahole. I don't think that is racist. In my first post in this thread I didn't support calling the President GW bush trailer trash or a hillbilly or a hick. Because you know, those have racial connotations. Granted there are a lot of black, Hispanic, and some Asian hillbillies and hicks (I've seen em) doesn't mean that these terms are applied inferring racial affiliation. Inferring is the key word. And it is all about how you present them. Very few words are just out and out not racist. But when you actually use them in a sentence, you can infer things.

Quiz
Example:
"Man I sure do hate welfare queens. Sucking up all our resources and spitting future criminals out without knowing who the daddy is." What is inferred here?

"Man I sure do hate these racist teabaggers. They should go back to their trailer park where their sister/wife is waiting for them in a moo-moo." What is inferred here?

"Man I sure do hate our president. He is from Kenya and his mom is a ****. He's the affirmative action president. I blame him for everything that has been building up to this moment since the 70s." Whats inferred here.

"Man I sure hate all those "youths" and France burning stuff to the ground. Hooray diversity. Don't you just love the religion of peace."

"Nothing good ever comes from Africa. They should thank white people from taking them out of the stone age." I'm white so I can take claim to all the wondrous inventions that maybe 100 people created throughout the course of history. Black people suck." What's inferred here?

"Man I sure do hate all these H1b1 visa holders. They take our jobs and head back to their country after 5 years and take even more of our jobs with them. Well at least they are not Mexican." What's inferred here?

Through my short time on this particular sub forum. These posts have been made and legions of people have defended them for having no racial connotations whatsoever. Think its kinda of funny actually. People don't come to this board to learn. They come to this board to spout off FEELINGS and their personal thoughts. They didn't come to be corrected. F*CK correction! This is the internet!
Again the no votes are proved wrong.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:51 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Since you really can't tell what is racially offensive and what is not may I suggest that you limit your conversations to people with your similiar ethnic,racial and economic background.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:52 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Since you really can't tell what is racially offensive and what is not may I suggest that you limit your conversations to people with your similiar ethnic,racial and economic background.
Being offended doesnt mean its racial. I have no problem what so ever having conversations with individuals of other ethnic backgrounds because I dont treat people of color any differently than I would a caucasian. I wouldnt call a black man a ghetto goon because I wouldnt call a white man one. Are you telling me you change how you speak depending on who you speak to and that you would have no problem calling a white individual a ghetto goon but would hold back because you were speaking to someone black? I somehow dobt that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
And we have others high 5ng stupidity again. Fantastic, all of you people can sit together and curtail your discussion based upon the race of the individual that you are talking to, but again, thats your problem, not mine. I choose to treat everyone EQUALLY because I'm not a racist like so many left wingers on this thread.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
I really could care less if you call the President an ahole. I don't think that is racist.
Then you havent read the thread very well because these left wingers all think simply calling the president a name = racist. I ignored the rest of your babble because its meaningless and doesnt equate to the thread nor the definition of the terminology "ghetto goon"..
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Again the no votes are proved wrong.
There was no proof in there, just a bunch of babble. Why do you guys continue to high 5 stupidity?

I further note you completely ignoring the definition of the word, why is that? Because you are so filled with hate that anyone who calls the president a name = raicst? Here, let me ask you AGAIN

Urban Dictionary: ghetto goon

a boy who has nothing better to do than post up on a wall and holla at girls cuz he thinks he's the shiznit Dang, the ghetto goons kepep cumin back even after we diss them

What part of this MEANS BLACK?

Old 11-10-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Being offended doesnt mean its racial. I have no problem what so ever having conversations with individuals of other ethnic backgrounds because I dont treat people of color any differently than I would a caucasian. Are you telling me you change how you speak depending on who you speak to and that you would have no problem calling a white individual a ghetto goon but would hold back because you were speaking to someone black? I somehow dobt that..
So why would someone call the President, who does not and has never exhibited any remotely close to anything ghetto, a ghetto goon?

In other news the "White flash mob" thread got deleted within 30 minutes. Meanwhile "black flash mob" threads last until another "race" thread pops up and goes on for 30 some odd pages.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:58 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Then you havent read the thread very well because these left wingers all think simply calling the president a name = racist. I ignored the rest of your babble because its meaningless and doesnt equate to the thread nor the definition of the terminology "ghetto goon"..

There was no proof in there, just a bunch of babble. Why do you guys continue to high 5 stupidity?
You win the prize!

Old 11-10-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:

Um no. Read the post. It has everything to do with it.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:02 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,237 times
Quote:
So why would someone call the President, who does not and has never exhibited any remotely close to anything ghetto, a ghetto goon?

In other news the "White flash mob" thread got deleted within 30 minutes. Meanwhile "black flash mob" threads last until another "race" thread pops up and goes on for 30 some odd pages.
When? I didn't even see it. Thats some biased bull if that happened although not surprising.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
For the same reason someone would call the President an ahole, or called Bush a Nazi.
Quote:
I have nothing to do with that nor is that the topic of the thread, please take it up with the moderators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies