Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is calling Obama ghetto goon racist?
yes 87 60.84%
No 56 39.16%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 06:25 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,755,730 times

Advertisements

Is a frog's azz watertight?

Old 11-12-2011, 07:31 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
say it to women. It doesn't have to be a man.
Yet, they were talking like I should ask a man. Well that's how I took it anyway. Could be wrong, no one is always right.

Like I said, I can handle myself.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:42 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,391,971 times
Columbia undergrad.
Harvard Law and Harvard Law review.
Professor on Constitutional Law.
President.

Sounds like a ghetto good to me.

Remember the gun sideways means killshot.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:57 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
You just outed yourself as not being black.
Old news, everyone on this forum knows the truth

Old 11-14-2011, 07:11 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
Columbia undergrad.
Harvard Law and Harvard Law review.
Professor on Constitutional Law.
President.

Sounds like a ghetto good to me.

Remember the gun sideways means killshot.
Love the sarcasm. Anyone who would refer to President Obama as "ghetto" is obviously racist and the person is merely using the term "ghetto" as a smokescreen. Why? If the person who used the term "ghetto" used the "n" word to describe President Obama, there would be a much worse uproar than there is now. I know the reason for referring to the president as "ghetto". It is the same exact reason a GOP official in Orange County,CA sent an email putting President Obama's face on the body of a chimpanzee. Even is the official apologized, it leaves this to be asked: Why did Marylin Davenport do that in the first place?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42656911...a-chimp-email/

It was the same thing when an Republican from San Bernardino County,CA sent a news letter with the President's picture on it surrounded by KFC fried chicken and watermelon.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/oct...e-foodstamps17

There are people who don't want Barack Obama as the President. While many do not agree with his policies, there are many people who are hiding the fact that they do not want a Black man as their president. It isn't like the old days where you could just come out and say it. These days many people hide their prejudice ad it comes out in more insidious ways. Some people won't admit it.

Last edited by green_mariner; 11-14-2011 at 07:21 AM..

Old 11-14-2011, 08:21 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
If it does not matter to you ...fine. I just like to be a spectator when you go to certain neighborhoods spouting the same crap that you do here (which I doubt you would). Since you are saying that 75 (and counting) people on this particular forum don't matter and do not have common sense. Opinions are like azzwholes and apparently you have enough for everyone
Which certain neighborhoods might you be speaking of? Ghetto Chicago neighborhoods maybe?

Old 11-14-2011, 08:25 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Love the sarcasm. Anyone who would refer to President Obama as "ghetto" is obviously racist and the person is merely using the term "ghetto" as a smokescreen. Why? If the person who used the term "ghetto" used the "n" word to describe President Obama, there would be a much worse uproar than there is now. I know the reason for referring to the president as "ghetto". It is the same exact reason a GOP official in Orange County,CA sent an email putting President Obama's face on the body of a chimpanzee. Even is the official apologized, it leaves this to be asked: Why did Marylin Davenport do that in the first place?

GOP official apologizes for Obama chimp email - politics - More politics - msnbc.com

It was the same thing when an Republican from San Bernardino County,CA sent a news letter with the President's picture on it surrounded by KFC fried chicken and watermelon.

Obama Picture On Food Stamp | Newsletter's Obama illustration denounced - Los Angeles Times

There are people who don't want Barack Obama as the President. While many do not agree with his policies, there are many people who are hiding the fact that they do not want a Black man as their president. It isn't like the old days where you could just come out and say it. These days many people hide their prejudice ad it comes out in more insidious ways. Some people won't admit it.
We've been dealing with racially charged political rhetoric for a decade now, Obama isn't exactly the first president that's been compared to a chimp.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:28 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Which certain neighborhoods might you be speaking of? Ghetto Chicago neighborhoods maybe?
Perhaps, or anyone with a sizable black or latino population. But really would it make a difference?

Old 11-14-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Blacks who call one another n*gger all the time is racist.
Actually they rally would not be called racist, ignorant of history or lacking of decent verbal skills, but not racist

Old 11-14-2011, 04:34 PM

I asked my sister laws, one is german/italian, one is Italian and the other is mexican/german/italian rather it was racist or not and THEY laughed at me and wondered who would think that it was'nt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies