Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 04:16 PM

1,147 posts, read 909,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
The OWS maggots are not my soldiers. I can't possibly explain how pathetic your OP is.

Ahh, the little guy who hides behind a gun finally speaks.

Everything you've ever written to me has been a pathetic cry of frustration written by a would-be Napoleanic control freak.

Maggots huh? That's funny because I think the most cowardly maggots on the planet are those who alternate between hiding behind a keyboard in the house, and a gun on the road. Know any?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You have a freedom to sustain a living now.
So what you're saying is that the current unemployment rate, and cost of living to salary ratio is about the same as it was ohhhh 50 years ago?

If not, did you ever ask yourself WHY it's so different from 50 years ago?

Old 11-08-2011, 04:19 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
Ahh, the little guy who hides behind a gun finally speaks.

Everything you've ever written to me has been a pathetic cry of frustration written by a would-be Napoleanic control freak.

Maggots huh? That's funny because I think the most cowardly maggots on the planet are those who alternate between hiding behind a keyboard in the house, and a gun on the road. Know any?

No....do you? In consideration of the source I consider your weak attempts to insult me to be compliments. Thanks for that.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
No....do you? In consideration of the source I consider your weak attempts to insult me to be compliments. Thanks for that.
You're welcome. Now we dance!

Old 11-08-2011, 04:24 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
You're welcome. Now we dance!

Is that you on the left?

Old 11-08-2011, 04:24 PM

23,846 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Why is it that conservatives are perfectly willing to ...[snipped typical rant]... big oil?

Meanwhile, kids from the same age group are trying to recover our way of life, ours, the citizen's way of life, here in America
What do you think powers and lubricates that way of life? Hint - it ain't wind energy.

Quote:
It's a war, people. These kids in OWS are at war.
No, they're crying because all through their childhoods, they were given a trophy when they lost at something. Now they're in the real world, during a recession, and nobody's giving them the trophy they're expecting, so they're crying about it.

Quote:
...sleeping in the streets, and living like animals.
If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...

Quote:
Folks, our government is the enemy. They have proven that with their refusal to act in our best interests, time, and time, and time again.
I don't know that I'd use the word "enemy," but I basically agree with the statement.

Let me ask you this - if government is the "enemy," then why are these kids hanging out at a park in NYC? That fact alone is reason enough to laugh these kids off as the idiots that they are.

Quote:
These kids? These kids are our soldiers. They volunteered. They show up, and they never leave, for your way of life.
They're not fighting for me. I work over 70 hours per week building my future. I'm taking responsibility for it, and it's working. They want what I'm working towards to be handed to them on a silver platter. It's laughable.

Quote:
Do you LIKE being corporate slaves?
Who, exactly, am I a slave to? Please, be specific.

Quote:
Do you LIKE electing folks that ignore you, and keep you busy with BS social issues while they're funneling the treasury out the back door?
No, and that's why I'm active with the TEA Party. These OWS clowns don't have the slightest idea how to effect change in policy. All they know is how to throw tantrums, because that's what they've done all their lives - and until now, it's worked.

Sorry, kids, but play time is over.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I haven't met one reasonable person who wants free housing. As far as free education and free healthcare is concerned, it's not free, you can take the taxes their parents paid for decades as a down payment, the taxes the 20 year olds will pay for the next 5-6 decades should cover the balance.
All the taxes you mentioned aren't even covering current spending. How do you expect them to pay the college tab of every young person in the country?

Think, man. Think.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Is that you on the left?
Heh, {pats the little guy on the head}

Run along and go play with your pop-guns now.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:33 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
So what you're saying is that the current unemployment rate, and cost of living to salary ratio is about the same as it was ohhhh 50 years ago?

If not, did you ever ask yourself WHY it's so different from 50 years ago?
Its called a recession. Please spend your time in school rather than these stupid protests and educate yourself about an economic cycle.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Everything you've ever written to me has been...
Had2SaySumthin

Isn't it against the ToS for a banned user to return under a new name? I noticed last month that you've been writing as if you've been around for a long time... mayhaps it's time that a mod compared the IP history of your posts with that of a few recently banned users...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies