Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 03:36 PM

1,147 posts, read 909,204 times

Advertisements

Somebody please explain this to me.........

Why is it that conservatives are perfectly willing to send our youth off to die, and chickenhawk here back in the states while those kids are getting their limbs blown off for big oil?

Meanwhile, kids from the same age group are trying to recover our way of life, ours, the citizen's way of life, here in America, and they get absolutely no respect for their efforts.

It's a war, people. These kids in OWS are at war.

Take a look at what they're doing. They're waging a propaganda war against the kings of propaganda. They're doing it without much help, while sleeping in the streets, and living like animals.

No different than being on a long patrol in the sand.

Folks, our government is the enemy. They have proven that with their refusal to act in our best interests, time, and time, and time again.

These kids? These kids are our soldiers. They volunteered. They show up, and they never leave, for your way of life.

What the hell exactly is your deal that you can't get behind these kids? Maybe not always their methods, but what is your major malfunction that prevents you from getting behind the idea?

Do you LIKE being corporate slaves?

Do you LIKE electing folks that ignore you, and keep you busy with BS social issues while they're funneling the treasury out the back door?

Do you seriously like that?

What is your deal? Really
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 03:40 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post

Why is it that conservatives are perfectly willing to send our youth off to die, and chickenhawk here back in the states while those kids are getting their limbs blown off for big oil?

Meanwhile, kids from the same age group are trying to recover our way of life, ours, the citizen's way of life, here in America, and they get absolutely no respect for their efforts.

Take a look at what they're doing. They're waging a propaganda war against the kings of propaganda. They're doing it without much help, while sleeping in the streets, and living like animals.

Folks, our government is the enemy. They have proven that with their refusal to act in our best interests, time, and time, and time again.

These kids? These kids are our soldiers. They volunteered. They show up, and they never leave, for your way of life.

What the hell exactly is your deal that you can't get behind these kids? Maybe not always their methods, but what is your major malfunction that prevents you from getting behind the idea?

Do you LIKE electing folks that ignore you, and keep you busy with BS social issues while they're funneling the treasury out the back door?

Do you seriously like that?

What is your deal? Really
Tell me how going out and causing millions of dollars worth of damage while you demand free college, free healthcare, free housing, forgiveness of debt is "our way of life"...

YOU are the ones supporting slavery, you want government to sit there and provide everything in your life for FREE. I'm no corporate slave, i'm self employed, and if I had a job working for someone else, it would be BY CHOICE.

Why do YOU have no problem being a slave to government?

If you think for a second you are fighting for change, you are kidding yourself. Dont want to support corporations, STOP GIVING THEM YOUR MONEY!

America is responsible for so many changes in the world, and you want to change that. Look at all of the big companies. Google, Microsoft, Dell, IBM, Ford, GM etc. ALL OF THEM are based in the USA. I challenge you to find and list similar companies from other nations. Why on gods earth do you want to destroy america to make it so these corporations and many other like them cant be created and compete in the future? Would you rather work for the Chinese?

Last edited by pghquest; 11-08-2011 at 03:51 PM..

Old 11-08-2011, 03:42 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
k:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Tell me how going out and causing millions of dollars worth of damage while you demand free college, free healthcare, free housing, forgiveness of debt is "our way of life"...

YOU are the ones supporting slavery, you want government to sit there and provide everything in your life for FREE. I'm no corporate slave, i'm self employed, and if I had a job working for someone else, it would be BY CHOICE.

Why do YOU have no problem being a slave to government?
k:

Old 11-08-2011, 03:43 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Tell me how going out and causing millions of dollars worth of damage while you demand free college, free healthcare, free housing,
I haven't met one reasonable person who wants free housing. As far as free education and free healthcare is concerned, it's not free, you can take the taxes their parents paid for decades as a down payment, the taxes the 20 year olds will pay for the next 5-6 decades should cover the balance.

Old 11-08-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I haven't met one person who wants free housing.
They've demanded changes to the financial institutions and forgiveness of mortgage debt. Thats a demand for free housing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
As far as free education and free healthcare is concerned, it's not free, you can take the taxes their parents paid for decades as a down payment, the taxes the 20's years will pay for the next 5-6 decades should cover the balance.
Wow, so when our parents paid taxes for decades, that money wasnt spent on defense, roads, police, fire, teachers, etc? You are telling me money was saved up for decades and held in some public trust so YOU can have everything in life for free..

Its all about YOU isnt it? GREEDY. Pure left wing pure bs greed!!

Old 11-08-2011, 03:48 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:

I'm as conservative as you'll find here on CD and I'm not ok or willing to send our youth off to die, we should bring them ALL home tomorrow. Tell your liberal president to end these wars and bring them home, I'll support you 100%.

Old 11-08-2011, 03:50 PM

1,147 posts, read 909,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I'm as conservative as you'll find here on CD and I'm not ok or willing to send our youth off to die, we should bring them ALL home tomorrow. Tell your liberal president to end these wars and bring them home, I'll support you 100%.
Oh GIVE ME A BREAK!

They are THERE because YOU sent them there!

Now you're PO'd because Obama hasn't brought them home?

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-08-2011 at 05:24 PM..

Old 11-08-2011, 03:52 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Quote:
Had2SaySumthin;Somebody please explain this to me.........
Quote:
Both parties consisting of many ideological stripes have voted to send men to war since Korea.

Quote:
The public behavior of so many of them has been despicable and they get no respect from me. Seen the videos?

Quote:

They wouldn't know a "war" if it bit them on the a** and took away their cell phones, Ipods, laptops and stopped the food and money donations from coming in.

Enough with the drama.

Quote:
So, who do you propose be in charge? A bunch of twinkly fingered, speechmaking loons who are concerned about having enough puppets?

No thanks.

Quote:

They don't speak for me or anyone I know.

Quote:
I work for a large corporation and it suits me and my family just fine.
I won't be quitting any time soon as we're enjoying the fruits of my labors

Old 11-08-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Oh GIVE ME A BREAK!

Are you kidding me? Do you seriously look yourself in the mirror every morning and think "Yeah, I'm sane."?
More Democrats voted for the wars than Republicans, and Obama has started MORE wars since being elected to office than Bush did in 8 years.. Democrats held the purse strings and could have stopped them anytime. Do you even understand or comprehend the branches of government and how they operate? Doesnt sound like it, but yet you'll be one of those OWS protestors right?

Old 11-08-2011, 03:53 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Oh GIVE ME A BREAK!

I sent them there? I didn't vote for anyone who's sent our soldiers to fight in these hell hole countries that posed us no threat whatsoever. I didn't vote for GWB, I certainly didn't vote for Obama and I don't support the wars that either of them have started. Find someone else to blame, your line of BS ain't working over here.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-08-2011 at 05:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies