Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you dodge a draft?
Yes 64 56.64%
No 49 43.36%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 04:15 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I did not realize that Selective Service was used during WWII. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Yes there was a draft during WW 2 and .. you're welcome.

Quote:
I still do not agree with the draft and would dodge it unless I agreed with the reasons for a particular war.
Maybe congress can consult with you first the next time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2011, 04:18 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,076,993 times
I voted yes. if the war is not something I agree with, I would not be going. The whole violence thing, I have a problem with anyway. Thankfully we belong to a "peace church" so there's CO status for my sons

Old 11-13-2011, 04:18 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,736,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
Yes.
The Draft is a complete infringement of personal rights; I'm not the government's property
Pretty much.

But accordingly to most on the right, since it's the military then it's A-OK for governemnt to do an complete infringement on one's personal rights and for it to treat you as its property.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:28 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,553,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
Yes.
The Draft is a complete infringement of personal rights; I'm not the government's property
I agree. Compulsory military service contradicts the very concept of freedom and liberty. Is the draft even Constitutional? I don't remember reading that part, but I could be wrong.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:36 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,553,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
You draft dodgers just go ahead and let others defend your freedoms for you. Without a sense of duty to defend the country who's benefits you enjoy, and without a sense of responsibility to those who have already given their lives for you, you would most likely be useless anyway.
Who threatened our freedoms lately? Who attacked Americans on American soil other than a few terrorists, who we have already taken out? Did Vietnam threaten to invade the US? Korea? Iraq?

If I saw a foreign army invading my city I would definitely pick up a gun and fight..come to think it, we are being invaded, as another posted pointed out, but no one seems to care....but I will not go to war to defend the agendas of a select few political and business elites......

Old 11-13-2011, 04:39 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,574 times
I hope that we have millions that would dodge the draft of a Communist Administration, but not of a Truly, American one.
That's how I am deciding that I seriously do feel about it this thread.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:04 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,685,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
I hope that we have millions that would dodge the draft of a Communist Administration, but not of a Truly, American one.
That's how I am deciding that I seriously do feel about it this thread.
In other words you wouldn't serve. Your excuses don't interest anyone

Old 11-14-2011, 08:32 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,976,748 times
Yes. The draft is immoral, it's slavery. I'm not the government's property. I refuse to be a pawn in the statists bloody game of Risk. I will not shed my blood for special interests or Israel, I won't be a "high class muscle man for special interests, a gangster for capitalism."

Now, if we ever got invaded by a hostile nation I wouldn't need to be drafted, I would volunteer to fight.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."
Ronald Reagan
The only real threat to our freedoms and liberties is not to be found in some foreign land, or some group of foreign peasants wishing death upon America. The only real threat to We the People is the US government. More freedom has been lost to machine of the state than to Al-Queada or any other wannabe foreign threat.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
You draft dodgers just go ahead and let others defend your freedoms for you. Without a sense of duty to defend the country who's benefits you enjoy, and without a sense of responsibility to those who have already given their lives for you, you would most likely be useless anyway.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel."-Samuel Johnson. I served in the Marines already. I refuse to be drafted, the draft is slavery, I'm not the property of the state. I, along with a few others here who oppose the draft, already served unlike a lot of the warmongering chickenhawks on here and in DC. If the chickenhawks want war, then by god they can pick up a rifle and march their fatasses to middle east to fight and die on behalf of Israel and special interests. I refuse to, question my "patriotism" if you must I don't frankly care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies