Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2011, 09:02 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You assume that all women:

a) Are attracted to men
B) Want to be married

Why?
Thank you! Though I'm in my early 50's I still get asked out by much younger and attractive guys. I take a pass right now. I've had my relationships, but never wanted to marry. And, I'm heterosexual. I don't feel I need marriage. I'm happier single. I don't care what the statistics say, LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I don't like trucks or large SUVs and so I don't buy them. True, some of the people who drive them have a negative attitude,...but no more than your average sports or luxary car owner. However, Prius drivers are in a class by themselves. Some are not only rude, they are also obnoxious in that they think they're better for having chosen a Prius and expect others to do as they say (drive Prius) when in fact they don't want everyone driving Prius because that will make then the same as everyone else. They prefer to lecture us on how great they are.

I drive a 2003 Chevy Malibu. Without the AC, I average 23 to 24 mpg in mostly city driving. Instead of changing the vehicle, I changed how I drive.
OMG! That's HORRIBLE mileage! Are you kidding?

Old 11-09-2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I don't like trucks or large SUVs and so I don't buy them. True, some of the people who drive them have a negative attitude,...but no more than your average sports or luxary car owner. However, Prius drivers are in a class by themselves. Some are not only rude, they are also obnoxious in that they think they're better for having chosen a Prius and expect others to do as they say (drive Prius) when in fact they don't want everyone driving Prius because that will make then the same as everyone else. They prefer to lecture us on how great they are.

I drive a 2003 Chevy Malibu. Without the AC, I average 23 to 24 mpg in mostly city driving. Instead of changing the vehicle, I changed how I drive.
I have to say that there is a need for big trucks for some people. Construction work; farm and ranch work; or if you need to pull a trailer. I have not problem with that. I do sort of crack up at those guys who drive a Lincoln 'truck'. hehehe Crazy.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:09 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
OMG! That's HORRIBLE mileage! Are you kidding?
www.fueleconomy.gov

According to the EPA, I'm getting well above their rated MPG for my V6 sedan.

Last edited by sailordave; 11-09-2011 at 09:11 PM.. Reason: Bad link

Old 11-09-2011, 09:16 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Well, I do want to say that. From a libertarian point-of-view, you don't necessarily have the right to pollute the air that others have to breath.

With that said, I cannot lie, I hate the way cars smell when they drive passed me. Nothing irritates me more than when I'm walking down a sidewalk on a beautiful day, then all the sudden either a diesel truck or an old car that isn't running well drives past me and pours horrible smelling smoke pollution into my face. But even a car that is in good running condition still stinks, and its smell certainly impacts the other people in this world.

So while I'm not trying to defend this woman, because her behavior isn't exactly admirable(swearing, hateful, etc). I do understand the frustration of seeing a large vehicle pull up next to you and unnecessarily stink up the place, spewing out pollution which has helped to send the rates of breathing disorders(like asthma) to record levels.
You're not even remotely in the same universe as a libertarian.

The root word in libertarian is liberty.

I have the "liberty" to spew diesel fumes, you have the "liberty" to move away from it.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
The stupid people on CD lose all points when they have to point out her appearance.
Oink.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:20 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
You're not even remotely in the same universe as a libertarian.

The root word in libertarian is liberty.

I have the "liberty" to spew diesel fumes, you have the "liberty" to move away from it.
So... Liberty means rearranging your life so other people can be jackasses? Shouldn't she have a right to breathe clean air? I didn't watch the video, but who was parked there first, if she was, the shouldnt the maroon with the disel move?

Old 11-09-2011, 09:24 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
So... Liberty means rearranging your life so other people can be jackasses? Shouldn't she have a right to breathe clean air? I didn't watch the video, but who was parked there first, if she was, the shouldnt the maroon with the disel move?
Unless he was violating the law, then no, he had every right to sit there and run his vehicle, even if it did annoy some people.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:30 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Unless he was violating the law, then no, he had every right to sit there and run his vehicle, even if it did annoy some people.
Yep. He had every right to be an inconsiderate ahole and she had every right to be a crazed harpy.

I think this video all but proves that no situation is truly one-sided.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
What's a "disel"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies