Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 05:32 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chariega View Post
LOLOLOLOL thanks for the laugh.

but really. who will beat obama? i'll wait...

Anyone can beat Obama since this election is about anyone but Obama for many people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 05:35 AM

1,147 posts, read 909,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Just curious, in the unlikely event that Obama is re-elected. What happens for the four years following? Given that Obama has essentially chosen the path of "stimulus" and is resistent to cutting spending, can we expect four more years of the same? Would Obama over the next five years open the nation to domestic energy exploration and development? How would he change to help the economy when his efforts so far have failed to restore prosperity?
If we don't have a viable choice in 2012, and Obama gets re-elected......

One word, and it's an acronym.

BOHICA.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:49 AM

855 posts, read 1,173,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Anyone can beat Obama since this election is about anyone but Obama for many people.

is that all ya got???? geez, you guys really ARE in trouble. if you think for 2 seconds Herman Cain could win the presidency, I need the number to your drug pusher, that's some goooood stuff you're on, dude!

Romney *maybe* but how many R's would sit it out because he's Mormon (silly reason to dislike someone, btw).

Perry is the guy some of the fringe folks like, but good luck getting other conservatives to rally behind him.

Newt, puhleeze...haven't y'all beat that horse already?

I could go on, but honestly Romney is the best thing you have going, but many of you could care less for him, which is why he may not win. Obama would slay him in a debate though...

Old 11-10-2011, 05:51 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Quote:
If that were true the GOP side wouldn't be having such a difficult time finding their candidate to run against him.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:01 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chariega View Post
is that all ya got???? geez, you guys really ARE in trouble. if you think for 2 seconds Herman Cain could win the presidency, I need the number to your drug pusher, that's some goooood stuff you're on, dude!

Romney *maybe* but how many R's would sit it out because he's Mormon (silly reason to dislike someone, btw).

Perry is the guy some of the fringe folks like, but good luck getting other conservatives to rally behind him.

Newt, puhleeze...haven't y'all beat that horse already?

I could go on, but honestly Romney is the best thing you have going, but many of you could care less for him, which is why he may not win. Obama would slay him in a debate though...

Voting for someone to prove that you're not a racist is pretty silly as well, eh? That's all I've got because I don't need anything else. A large amount of people will vote for anyone but Obama and if you can wake up to face that reality you have more issues than can ever be addressed.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:20 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Default The largest red flag has been the loss of the media to probe, highlight and investigate

The day America died is the day Obama is re-elected.

The re-election of Barney Frank, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid has been diagnostic of a looming illness marked by an ignorant, selfish and gullible electorate.

Taken together with the news media's abandonment of responsibility as the peoples watchdog to keep government honest, America is on death watch.

The largest red flag has been the loss of the media to probe, highlight and investigate politicians and the collective federal government.

Obama can only exist in the darkness in which the media has left America to stumble and fall.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:58 AM

855 posts, read 1,173,195 times
Quote:
Voting for someone to prove that you're not a racist is pretty silly as well, eh? That's all I've got because I don't need anything else. A large amount of people will vote for anyone but Obama and if you can wake up to face that reality you have more issues than can ever be addressed.

word. so. a "large amount of people" will vote. that "large amount of people" will outnumber the millions of people who would rather vote for obama or not vote at all. i think your scenario is unlikely. especially since a "large amount" of conservatives do not approve of the field of candidates presented.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:07 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,549,838 times
Quote:
It's that sort of attitude that has the GOP class looking so pathetic.

Seriously, Romney/Perry/Newt/Bachman/Cain are the best and brightest the GOP has to offer? Really??

I don't care how much of an Obama-hater you are, you folks can't honestly be happy with that lot. Can you? Surely you were hoping for better... weren't you?

Old 11-10-2011, 07:11 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,653,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
It's that sort of attitude that has the GOP class looking so pathetic.

Seriously, Romney/Perry/Newt/Bachman/Cain are the best and brightest the GOP has to offer? Really??

I don't care how much of an Obama-hater you are, you folks can't honestly be happy with that lot. Can you? Surely you were hoping for better... weren't you?
Anything is better than Obama. But any of the Republican candidates is far superior to the community organizer.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:24 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,549,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Anything is better than Obama. But any of the Republican candidates is far superior to the community organizer.
OK then, nothing for the GOP to worry about then, right? Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies