Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 10:54 PM

701 posts, read 1,032,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Even the liberal favorite of Jon Huntsman?
I don't know much about him. But I agree with you, at least he's not a human punchline like all the others, from what I can tell so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 10:57 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerbilzak View Post
Absurd on about 5 levels.
Umm, no, the poster is spot on. If you think austerity is the way to go, have a look at what is happening in the U.K. Their Republicans already took over and are busy running what was left of the #5 economy in the world into the ground. Germany is a perfect example of what can happen when you keep manufacturing at home, pay workers well and bolster your middle class. Both paths forward are valid. Destroy the middle class through austerity OR bolster them with tax reforms and repeal of NAFTA, CAFTA and H1B programs. The uber wealthy will prosper either way. Which America would you rather live in?

H

Old 11-09-2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Umm, no, the poster is spot on. If you think austerity is the way to go, have a look at what is happening in the U.K. Their Republicans already took over and are busy running what was left of the #5 economy in the world into the ground. Germany is a perfect example of what can happen when you keep manufacturing at home, pay workers well and bolster your middle class. Both paths forward are valid. Destroy the middle class through austerity OR bolster them with tax reforms and repeal of NAFTA, CAFTA and H1B programs. The uber wealthy will prosper either way. Which America would you rather live in?

H
Umm...no, the poster is way, way off.

I agree with the rest of your points, but the US can never become Greece. The reason Greece is in so much trouble now is not its debt stock or flow per se, but the fact that it owes its debt in Euros. US debt is denominated in dollars, which it can print.

The US has gargantuan problems, but becoming Greece is not one of them.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:18 PM

161 posts, read 141,566 times
The truth is that it doesn't matter who's elected. Unless one of the parties has a super majority in both houses, nothing gets done. Thank the Teabaggers for breaking our system. Of course when the Dems do it back, they're being cowardly obstructionist.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetMePost View Post
The truth is that it doesn't matter who's elected. Unless one of the parties has a super majority in both houses, nothing gets done. Thank the Teabaggers for breaking our system. Of course when the Dems do it back, they're being cowardly obstructionist.
Exactly right. The US is dead in the water. Its political system doesn't work anymore and is incapable of solving real problems.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:29 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerbilzak View Post
Exactly right. The US is dead in the water. Its political system doesn't work anymore and is incapable of solving real problems.
It's not that it's incapable of solving its problems, it's that the power structure does NOT want the U.S. to solve its problems

Old 11-09-2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It's not that it's incapable of solving its problems, it's that the power structure does NOT want the U.S. to solve its problems
Hmm... I guess that's a good way to look at it, isn't it?

Old 11-10-2011, 12:00 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetMePost View Post
What do "teabaggers" have to do with politics? Unless you meant the Tea Party.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:20 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
If this were the case, i don't drink, guess what now i do! That is the worse thing that could happen.

Now what Pray for Real Change, and hope it happens.

Don't trust him never did never will, my right.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
If this were the case, i don't drink, guess what now i do! That is the worse thing that could happen.

Now what Pray for Real Change, and hope it happens.

Don't trust him never did never will, my right.
If the right takes over, start saving your money. You're gonna need it for that $170,000 operation when you're 70. Ain't gonna be no Medicare left. And better get good at picking stocks. Ain't gonna be no Social Security left. And better not drink your tap water. Ain't gonna be no EPA left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies