Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 10:06 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,866,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
I have heard several clips of anti-semitic statements at the protests. Are they trying to start race and class warfare? Seems that's what BO wants.
The only people that seem to be anti-semetic are those that come to forums and make ridiculas claims and try to stir up hate, no the occupyers are not anti- semitic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 10:12 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
The only people that seem to be anti-semetic are those that come to forums and make ridiculas claims and try to stir up hate, no the occupyers are not anti- semitic.
Wrong.

Angry Anti-Semite@ OWS Zucotti Sq - YouTube

Old 11-10-2011, 10:17 PM

Wrong again

Occupy Racism ! - YouTube

Old 11-10-2011, 10:22 PM

More wrong

Racist Rager @ Occupy Wall St. - YouTube

Old 11-10-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Backspace I guess you are one of those people who say "I saw it on the internet so it must be true"

I guess some people are just not that _______

Old 11-10-2011, 10:27 PM

Jewish Leaders Denounce Right-Wing Smears of Occupy Wall Street

Occupy Judaism • Jewish Leaders Denounce Right-Wing Smears of Occupy Wall Street (http://blog.occupyjudaism.org/post/12200600418/jewish-leaders-denounce-right-wing-smears-of-occupy - broken link)

Putting the “OWS is anti-Semitic” meme to rest

Occupy Judaism • Putting the "OWS is anti-Semitic" meme to rest (http://blog.occupyjudaism.org/post/12187364893/putting-the-ows-is-anti-semitic-meme-to-rest - broken link)

Old 11-10-2011, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Backspace I guess you are one of those people who say "I saw it on the internet so it must be true"

I guess some people are just not that _______
Are you saying that these videos aren't real? Are all of the negative stories of violence, rape, theft, etc etc coming from the OWS movement not real?

Old 11-10-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Jewish Leaders Denounce Right-Wing Smears of Occupy Wall Street

Occupy Judaism • Jewish Leaders Denounce Right-Wing Smears of Occupy Wall Street (http://blog.occupyjudaism.org/post/12200600418/jewish-leaders-denounce-right-wing-smears-of-occupy - broken link)

Putting the “OWS is anti-Semitic” meme to rest

Occupy Judaism • Putting the "OWS is anti-Semitic" meme to rest (http://blog.occupyjudaism.org/post/12187364893/putting-the-ows-is-anti-semitic-meme-to-rest - broken link)

That doesn't put anything to rest, when I see someone bring racist towards someone face to face it don't need a list of 15 random "Jewish leaders" to approve my feeling for me.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:33 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,775 times
Everyone MUST ask themselves......"why has the OWS movement happened?"
This movement did not just come about because of some 'whack jobs"
The corruption in high places, the greed of the 'fat cats", the me me me attitude of Washinton and their 'masters" in huge corporations and the absolute disregard for basic human needs by the top 1% for their fellow Americans is the reason for this 'revolution".
America was once a Country where hard work and honest labor brought rewards and respect and the rest of the World looked on in awe at the "American dream" and can do attitude.
Not anymore.
America has become a Country where Capitalism is now a greedy self satisfying monster and far from the Capitalism of our Fathers, which promoted security for all by hard work without penalizing the poor and sick and without making them "outcasts".
As the rich got richer and richer, they threw away what they considered to be the "flotsam and jetsam" in their lives, in other words the poor, sick and underprivileged but they forgot that the everyday hard working Americans were the ones who had built America and its industries...... Money became the new industry in America and was unsustainable on its own. You can own the most expensive car in the world but if the tires are falling apart, the car becomes undriveable.
The OWS movement came about for a reason and if the blind in America do not understand that drastic change is now needed then America will implode like many great nations before them........ Ignoring the people leads to revolt.......... YES even in America and if the top 1% think they are "fireproof" they had better think again before they are the ones who are responsible for America going down the toilet and their millions won't help them after that has happened.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:37 PM

I belong to an interfaith group that was founded to support Occupy DC, we have several Jewish groups that are part of our interfaith group, and I am also onsite at the occupation at several times a week and have never seen anything said or done that would even remotely imply anti-Semitism.

Faith in Action DC: Occupy Sukkot with Rabbi David Shneyer - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies