Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 10:38 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times

Advertisements

Here's something that I found pretty interesting about your links...

Quote:
We are pleased that the Anti-Defamation League agrees that some random signs “are not representative of the larger views of the Occupy Wall Street movement.”
Isn't that interesting...

» Anti-Defamation League Speaks Out: Calls on #OccupyWallSt to Condemn Antisemitic Remarks Made at Rallies - Big Government

Quote:
ADL Calls On ‘Occupy Wall Street’ Organizers To Condemn Anti-Semitic Remarks Made At Rallies
New York, NY, October 17, 2011 … The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) today called on organizers, participants and supporters of the worldwide “Occupy Wall Street” movement to condemn anti-Semitic signs and comments that have appeared at some of the protest rallies across the country and around the world.
Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director, issued the following statement:
We are seeing some individuals holding anti-Semitic signs at the “Occupy Wall Street” rallies, and some videos posted on YouTube from the rallies have shown individuals expressing classic anti-Semitic beliefs such as “Jews control the banks” and “Jews control Wall Street.” While we believe that these expressions are not representative of the larger views of the OWS movement, it is still critical for organizers, participants and supporters of these rallies to condemn such bigoted statements clearly and forcefully.
There is no evidence that these anti-Semitic conspiracy theories are representative of the larger movement or that they are gaining traction with other participants. However, history demonstrates time and again how economic downturns can embolden anti-Semites to spread malicious conspiracy theories and promote stereotypes about Jews and money. As a consequence, these statements must not be left unchallenged.
The League continues to monitor the tenor and messages at the demonstrations to ensure that they do not get hijacked by extremists or anti-Semitic elements.

"Occupy Wall Street" Demonstrations: Anti-Semitic Incidents Surface

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 10:39 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,867,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
That doesn't put anything to rest, when I see someone bring racist towards someone face to face it don't need a list of 15 random "Jewish leaders" to approve my feeling for me.

Occupy Wall Street Anti-Semitic Say Conservatives - YouTube

Old 11-10-2011, 10:40 PM

Backspace a mind is a terrible thing to waste

Old 11-10-2011, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
I belong to an interfaith group that was founded to support Occupy DC, we have several Jewish groups that are part of our interfaith group, and I am also onsite at the occupation at several times a week and have never seen anything said or done that would even remotely imply anti-Semitism.

Faith in Action DC: Occupy Sukkot with Rabbi David Shneyer - YouTube
And I'm a supporter of the Tea Party, have been since 2007. I've been to hundreds of Tea Party events and never once saw anyone say or hold signs that said anything remotely racist. That didn't stop the media from labeling the Tea Party a racist movement, nobody cared that it was only a few people out of hundreds of thousands that were holding questionable signs... nobody cared.

Enjoy the treatment that many of the OWS supporters dished out towards the Tea Party, enjoy being labeled something you claim you aren't.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Backspace a mind is a terrible thing to waste
You're right, that's why I'm not wasting mine smoking weed in some downtown park sleeping in a tent and yelling profanities at people.

In addition, antisemitism isn't the only race related issue for the OWS movement.

Brazen Racism at Occupy Phoenix - YouTube

Old 11-10-2011, 11:21 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
A link to Breitfart's ultra-right wing propaganda site? It's expected.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
A link to Breitfart's ultra-right wing propaganda site? It's expected.
It's quotes from the anti-defamation league...

Hey *******s, How can we as a country work to educate the urban, ghetto trash of this nation so that they learn to not only read but also comprehend what they're reading?

Old 11-11-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
You're right, that's why I'm not wasting mine smoking weed in some downtown park sleeping in a tent and yelling profanities at people.

In addition, antisemitism isn't the only race related issue for the OWS movement.

Brazen Racism at Occupy Phoenix - YouTube
I fail to see what your video has to do with the occupy movement, you are going to have to do a lot better than that.
I'm sure you can do a lot better than that, but then again maybe not.
In any event don't quit your day job, that is if you do have one.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:58 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Excellent. Too bad he and his view are a minority at OWS.

Unfortunately he mixes fact with lies.

Old 11-11-2011, 02:21 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,553,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Slight problem: There is not enough gold in the world to back up all the multi-trillians of fiat paper money in circulatian. If we went back to the gold standard, all of the money people have today would immediately lose most if not all of its value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies