Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 02:27 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,181,294 times

Advertisements

As a needed refresher for the thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The people who are against abortion are not necessarily pro-life. They are just anti-abortion, that's all. Do not be fooled by their claims that they are pro-life.
The most common claims are that it's immoral to kill a "baby" which is actually a fetus until it emerges from the womb. Once a fetus does emerge to become a baby, the value of its life diminishes greatly. It is no longer a 'sacred life'. This holds true of infants that are killed, by bombs, for example. The pro-lifers are mum then, especially when the fatalities are not Americans.
Then the dead infants are merely considered as meaningless statistics under the heading of 'collateral damage'. No one gets upset about that, least of all, the self-proclaimer 'pro-lifers'.
Basically, anti-abortion does not equal pro-life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 03:12 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
As a needed refresher for the thread:

Basically, anti-abortion does not equal pro-life.
You will probably need to repost this several times throughout the thread

Old 11-11-2011, 04:00 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I understand your position. It really comes down to this, do you, or don't you, think a woman has every right to decide what she wants to do with her body?

If you think that a woman has the right to decide what to do with her body, then federal protection is needed. Most assuredly some states would thatke that choice away from a woman. Restricting what she does with her body.

What is sad is that states or the federal government have the power to take away your choices like that.

I really see no reason the federal government should protect women against buyer's remorse. Let's face it, most unwanted pregnancies (and I'm not talking about rape or immaculate conception) are easily preventable.

I am an atheist. I don't believe in "god given rights". The only rights anyone has is either those they've been given by an authority or were strong enough to take for themselves. I honestly find the idea of rights in an odd way repugnant. A right is permission. If you have to ask permission, it's not a freedom.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:39 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
Steve Jobs was an unwanted pregnancy.
So what? There are undoubtedly more "unwanted pregnancies" sitting in prison right now.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:50 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,287,361 times
Many anti abortionists have no problem with bombing the middle east to the stone ages.

Not very pro life if you ask me.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:58 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
40% of abortions are AA. what if wasps adopted those kids?
this means they would not grow up hating wasps.
can u imagine the effect on detroit.
millions of people that dont hate wasps that are black.
kinda like africans that immigrate here. zero sense of animosity towards wasps.
if anything they intensely dislike angry AA aka gangsta culture.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
40% of abortions are AA. what if wasps adopted those kids?.
lead by example brother

Old 11-12-2011, 12:20 AM

488 posts, read 554,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
A fertilized egg is not a person. A fertilized egg that attaches to the womb wall could become a person, but even that doesn't make it a person.

If anti abortion people were serious about ending them, then they should support birth control for free for every person.

But, as is so often the case, anti abortion people are really anti sex. Its about their religion, its not about the fetus.
What make it a person by your definition? It has a unique human DNA, and if left alone will more than likely continue to develop until birth. At the early stages it may not have the familiar human appearance, but what does that matter, really? It is usually only when somebody intervenes that the development is stopped and that life is then ended.

I'm not anti-sex. I'm pro-responsibility. Use whatever method you wish to prevent the egg from being fertilized. Irresponsibility and inconvenience is not an excuse to end life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Many anti abortionists have no problem with bombing the middle east to the stone ages.

Not very pro life if you ask me.
What about people who label themselves pro-life that support the death penalty? Who are we to decide when somebody shall die, with the exception of self defense? There are extreme cases when keeping somebody alive is more dangerous than executing them, but for the most part can they not be kept safely away from society in prison? I've read claims that execution costs taxpayers more than life in prison, but I am not sure how truthful or biased those claims are. That's not to say I don't feel somebody that rapes children or murders somebody doesn't deserve it, because it's natural for anybody to feel that way. However, I can put those feelings aside knowing that life in prison is worse than anything I could ever imagine.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill80 View Post
What about people who label themselves pro-life that support the death penalty? .
Full of crap. You can't be pro life and pro death. Only a village idiot would buy that logic.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:01 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Full of crap. You can't be pro life and pro death. Only a village idiot would buy that logic.
i guess that would be me. see, a little kid is innocent, but if you rape and murder there is a bill to be paid to widows, orphans and husbands.
i know, you dont like it, but the mideast people are not always crazy. 50 years ago we thought like them, i mean before we went south.
when u slaughter babies (144,000 every year way past 1/2 way mark in pregnancy) and let rapists and murderers walk free on legal technicalities, or only do time out in jail for a few years, you are kinda acting like the great satan. great satan, if the shoe fits wear it.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 11-12-2011 at 07:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies