Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 03:53 PM

1,147 posts, read 909,014 times

Advertisements

I've always wondered this, but never asked the question.

Why do folks go to a political forum? Serious question.

Nobody changes their mind on anything.

Nobody agrees on anything.

It's just one side giving their version of how the world is supposed to be, while tearing down the other side that has a polar opposite version.

This one runs as if there are scripts. I can almost tell who will post a response, and what they will say.

There doesn't seem to be any intellectual honesty anymore

That's not just here. That's everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 04:01 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Sharing information primarily... Different people have different sources

Changing minds may not occur here - but with the information here along with what others see happening elsewhere - you never know.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:13 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
There are two things you don't discuss in polite company: politics and religion. Discussing politics on a forum is better than p*ssing off a friend or family member who still doesn't "get it"; thus, no harm, no foul.

Quote:

That's not just here. That's everywhere
Painting with a pretty broad brush. The truth is out there but one must be willing to seek it with an open mind. Perhaps you are looking in the wrong places or simply don't recognize it when you see it?

Old 11-10-2011, 04:45 PM

561 posts, read 505,527 times
Just being able to vent is theraputic. I can only yell at the TV for so long.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:49 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post

It's just one side giving their version of how the world is supposed to be, while tearing down the other side that has a polar opposite version.

This one runs as if there are scripts. I can almost tell who will post a response, and what they will say.

I will give you the same answer I have given every time somebody asks this question. I am here because i find it fun to put the truth out for libs to read and then listen to them howl. I do it because I enjoy it.

Why are you here? You won't change my mind but maybe you enjoy it too.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:51 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recovering Democrat View Post
Just being able to vent is theraputic. I can only yell at the TV for so long.
Now there is much of why I enjoy this kind of sport. I am also a recovering Democrat but I changed over in 1972. How about you?

Old 11-10-2011, 04:52 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Here's a question, Why do people come to political forums to complain about political forums?

Old 11-10-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I will give you the same answer I have given every time somebody asks this question. I am here because i find it fun to put the truth out for libs to read and then listen to them howl. I do it because I enjoy it.

Why are you here? You won't change my mind but maybe you enjoy it too.
Exactly

I was just wondering why others show up. Seems some folks get real cranky about this stuff, in a way like it really means something after the computer shuts off.

....and then there are those who just like to sit in judgment of everyone else, for sport......................

Old 11-10-2011, 04:55 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post

1. Discussion about politics. Believe it or not, real discussion does happen here occaisionally with rational people.
2. Watching the nutcases stewing in their own stupidity without realizing it. This place is a riot.
3. The arguing and back and forth. It can get old, and you need ot take a break occaisionally, but arguing is still kind of fun.
4. News. I'll usually first hear news or opinion on this site which will lead me to research even further into news stories.
5. Like MOgal said, posting here with all of you is easier than angering a family member or a friend you disagree with. I like you, but I don't have to eat dinner iwth you at thanksgiving. This is my only outlet to candidly discuss politics.

And I just like politics. It's fascinating, maddening yet endlessly fun.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Here's a question, Why do people come to political forums to complain about political forums?
..................like this one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies