U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 07:40 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,144,050 times

Advertisements

If, hypothetically speaking, you could somehow convince every registered member of your opposition party to leave the country, maybe by offering them a large chunk of remote land with which they could start their own autonomous country, and a nice severance package, would you do it? Is your desire really a one party country, that adopts all of the policies you personally stand for and believe in, without any political opposition or compromise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 07:44 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,241,808 times
Only the extreme version of them. I wouldn't want to see someone like Juan Williams banished. (I am conservatie. )

Old 11-10-2011, 07:46 PM

6,237 posts, read 8,466,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Only the extreme version of them. I wouldn't want to see someone like Juan Williams banished. (I am conservatie. )
Same here but from the other end of the spectrum. I would happily tell members the tea party to go offshore for an extended vacation to some developing country and see what their policies will bring about--instead of turning our country into one of those.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:48 PM

10,783 posts, read 11,852,105 times
I don't know if I would go that far, but I would be for sending the tea party/other hard right individuals to Somalia, Saudi Arabia, or Iran for 6 months, perhaps a year so they can see exactly what their dream utopia of a hard right nation actually looks like. Show them the reality of what would happen to america if they keep supporting those right wing politicians and their puppet masters. I'm sure they would change their tune real quick on their political stances once they get back

Old 11-10-2011, 07:51 PM

5,476 posts, read 6,907,112 times
That is what is so nice about being an independent voter. I don't have an "other" party to get so worked up about.

Its great seeing things with your own eyes and not through partisan blinders. I highly recommend it to all.

Our country would be in better shape if we lose the sports fan like mindset (we rule you suck) of partisan politics.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:55 PM

9,958 posts, read 7,598,415 times
Hell, I'd be happy if they just went to work... Democrats don't need to leave the country.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:57 PM

2,706 posts, read 3,337,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
That is what is so nice about being an independent voter. I don't have an "other" party to get so worked up about.

Its great seeing things with your own eyes and not through partisan blinders. I highly recommend it to all.

Our country would be in better shape if we lose the sports fan like mindset (we rule you suck) of partisan politics.
Here I am too. It's rather disgusting to watch these two parties flail and flounder against each other. Makes it hard to know who to vote for.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:58 PM

4,126 posts, read 4,465,574 times
Once you get rid of the Democrats, Republicans, and the true believers in whatever magical critter, the place should be just about right.

6,237 posts, read 8,466,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Hell, I'd be happy if they just went to work... Democrats don't need to leave the country.
I disagree with your premise, but that was pretty good.

4,380 posts, read 2,933,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV09 View Post
If, hypothetically speaking, you could somehow convince every registered member of your opposition party to leave the country, maybe by offering them a large chunk of remote land with which they could start their own autonomous country, and a nice severance package, would you do it? Is your desire really a one party country, that adopts all of the policies you personally stand for and believe in, without any political opposition or compromise?
Who would I laugh at then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or