U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 12:17 PM

21,793 posts, read 10,813,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
After all... if Arpaio is getting death threats, then he is just the guy to investigate it.
as i see it there are four possible scenarios:

A): that there was an actual death threat made by an obama supporter or other that arpaio believed to be an obama supporter ( in which case i whole heartedly support an investigation and would like to hear the results ).

B): arpaio was being melodramatic and there was no direct death threat from an obama supporter ( in which case the sheriff should clarify his statement publicly. either personally or thru the sherriff office's spokesperson ).

C): corsi misinterpreted either intentionally or unintentionally arpaio's statement ( in which case there should be a retraction from WND ).

D): arpaio completely made up the threat ( in which case he should be reprimanded ).

anyone disagree or have another possible option?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 12:20 PM

54,179 posts, read 29,254,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Cited from Godfather Politics? Get real. It's a blog written by a nutjob who compares gays to Mussolini, Hitler, Hussein, and Gaddafi.

You expect us to take that seriously?
LOL...Exactly what i was thinking.

Name someone famous that doesn't get death threats. Goes with the territory. And if you're someone famous that goes after bad guys and illegal aliens, you can quadruple that problem.

Joe is a big boy....he can take care of himself. Why would anyone get themselves in a tizzy over this nonsense?

Old 11-15-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
one part i find funny is the journalistic equivalent to the game "telephone"....

and finally from godfather politics nov 11, 2011:

He has told the White House that they need to authorize the Department of Health in Hawaii to open up all of the original paper and ink documents concerning Obama’s birth to an independent court-authorized forensic examination.

Obama Fans Threaten Sheriff Joe About Birth Certificate Investigation*|*Godfather Politics
an error on my part.

WND did report that joe "suggested" ( assumedly to corsi ) that the white house "...should authorize the Hawaii Department of Health to release for independent court-authorized forensic examination any 1961 paper-and-ink original Obama birth records..."

again, there is no evidence that arpaio or his posse have had any contact with the white house about this matter.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:52 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,136,488 times
Really? Seriously threatened the gentleman?

Not surprised! They are supporters of A Communist Subversive that is most worthy of handcuffs while awaiting trial. THEY are the ones most likely to revert to violence, not us and our Tea Party crowd, and the photos as well as police reports, heck, even history proves my point.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
[b][color=sienna]Really? Seriously threatened the gentleman?
we don't know. currently we just have WND's version ( which, imo, is pretty freakin far from a reliable source ).

i'm hoping that we get a statement directly from arpaio ( or the sheriff's spokesperson ) specifically about the "obama fan" death threat.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:34 AM

found video of sheriff joe speaking in orlando last saturday

Sheriff Joe Arpaio On The Obama Birth Certificate Investigation | Common Sense Post

no mention of any death threats or having any contact with the white house and/or any hawaiian officials about the birth records. just a rehash of "cold case posse... not costing any tax payer money... the media is not paying attention... microfilm".

Old 11-16-2011, 10:36 AM

11,725 posts, read 11,120,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I thought it was hilarious... but not as hilarious as Sheriff Joe.

Last Friday he issued a press release (I am not making this up) to announce that he wasn't going to help the Occupy Phoenix protesters get more press.

You can't make this stuff up.

Now, he's pretending to get death threats about a fake investigation that he's not even doing himself?

Please.

The man is a publicity whooooore. And You're his trick.
I like the trick part! lol

Old 11-16-2011, 11:08 AM

8,265 posts, read 11,072,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Can you show us a number of people who return to his tent city from committing second and third crimes? I think most of them move on looking for somewhere easier to do time in. What lefty wants to have to produce his own food?
Negative.

Compared to other jails in Maricopa the only worse thing about Tent City is the weather. It was originally for overflow and because of large groups living together they screen out dangerous inmates so what you get is a lot more people doing their time for nonviolent offenses like extreme DUI etc.

Maybe Towers is better but I suspect you won't find many in tent city who would rather be in 4th Ave Jail where you've got way more gangbangers and violent criminals.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:23 PM

i was expecting this ( but not so soon )......... the birthers are beginning to turn against arpaio:

Video: Sheriff Joe Arpaio On The Obama Birth Certificate Investigation; Media Still AWOL | Birther Report: Obama Release Your Records

from the comments:

"Sheriff joe took to long. Obama is in hawaii right now as I type this pulling strings and getting ready to release more forged documents. That is the main reason why he is in hawaii for four days. Sheriff joe got this obama eligibility information in august,it's november 15 and he hasn't done a dam thing but run his mouth and make jokes. He is scared of obama just like everybody else. I have never seen so many people so terrified and scared of one person."

"From what has been leaked so far, the Sheriff's report will be just more empty lies. Sheriff Joe better be careful, he wouldn't like to spend his remaining days in his own jail."

"Joe is not getting it! Does not matter if Obozzo was born in Hawaii or on the White House lawn!..."

""Joe is not getting it!" I agree.
Arrest the Usurper you coward. I don't think you are a hero. So far you haven't done JACK. And the truth be known you NEVER will."

"Liste Joe, don't do us any fu#%ing favors. HELLO..! We don't give a sh*t were he was born..!Just do your JOB. This late in the game and he still doesn't get the NATURAL BORN part..?! There's been a fake BC on the White House site for almost 1/2 a year and he's still trying to find out where he was born..?! GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK..!"

Old 02-16-2012, 09:18 AM

802 posts, read 484,343 times
On March 1, Sheriff Joe will reveal his findings in his investigation into Obama's eligibility. Lets pray that the pro Constitutional subverters that lurk on this board doesn't try to bring harm to Sheriff Arpaio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or