Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2011, 10:11 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,574 times

Advertisements

Aww, QualityGuy, that is an awesome song, especially when Elvis is the one singing it, thank you! and I so very much agree.

LOL to whomever said we all sound like great folks in our 3D lives, and not "bitter people" debating issues. WE ARE...I don't doubt it. Personally, I "get good vibes" from a good number of regular, posters. Were we to meet and not know we'd disagreed or debated the issues with each other, I bet we'd get along in a very cool fashion. No, not saying we wouldn't, or couldn't if we knew we disagreed on such important things.

Well, my work got done, my desk's a bit neater, the weather is very cool and dinner was nice. It's quiet and nice to catch up on some reading online, and posting here, too.

This website rocks for having a place to read, share or sound-off on just about every, imaginable subject.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:17 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,107,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
I know this was posted yesterday, but it's nice seeing a link that humanizes all of us, so I'll go: Not really looking forward to the holidays, they will be the first holidays without my daughter Kate, who passed away suddenly in March. But, I am extremely grateful for my family and loved ones, who have been there for me in more ways than I can count

Also, it's cold. I am ready for Summer to come back.
Oh Skyegirl, I am so truly sorry. I've been there and I know how you feel. To this day I can not bear to listen to Christmas carols...even after all these years. God be with you and give you peace.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:21 PM
LML

On another note, tomorrow is Stewardship Sunday at church and we have a potluck dinner after church so I have been spending the evening cooking and watching re-runs of Psych. Since I am not a good cook I can't say that I have enjoyed it. Wish I had California Jewels here to cook for me. The people that will eat my food at church tomorrow would enjoy that more too I'm sure. I watched the debate before I started watching the Psych marathon and cooking but we won't discuss that here.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:32 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Quote:
I know this was posted yesterday, but it's nice seeing a link that humanizes all of us, so I'll go: Not really looking forward to the holidays, they will be the first holidays without my daughter Kate, who passed away suddenly in March. But, I am extremely grateful for my family and loved ones, who have been there for me in more ways than I can count

I'm sorry for your loss. Holidays can be hard. My prayers for you.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:45 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,778,885 times
Quote:

So sorry to hear this skyegirl. Every holiday is the most difficult the first year that someone who we loved dearly is not there to share it, but I believe their spirit is there (or I would like to think so). I hope you get through Christmas without too much sorrow. Sending hugs to you.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:32 PM

1,055 posts, read 1,867,851 times
I don't usually come to this forum much because it is so contentious most of the time. Tonight just happened to be a night that I am procrastinating sitting down at the computer and forcing myself to write another paper that I just cannot seem to force myself to do yet. What a nice suprise to flip over to this forum and discover this thread! The winds are just howling outside right now in my part of Alaska but I am warm and comfy in my little apartment and my silly little dog is making me laugh by turning over for belly rubs everytime I glance away from my computer screen and at him flopped on the couch. I had a sweet sweet phone call from my husband today out of the blue. Life is good.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:34 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,574 times
Freezn, you are indeed blessed. Wow, Alaska! I have seen so much of it--on TV....grinning, and it is absolutely gorgeous, and looks so clean and untouched.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:38 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,658,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Freezn, you are indeed blessed. Wow, Alaska! I have seen so much of it--on TV....grinning, and it is absolutely gorgeous, and looks so clean and untouched.
Sunnysee, tried to DM YOU?

Old 11-12-2011, 11:42 PM
LML

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezengirl View Post
I don't usually come to this forum much because it is so contentious most of the time. Tonight just happened to be a night that I am procrastinating sitting down at the computer and forcing myself to write another paper that I just cannot seem to force myself to do yet. What a nice suprise to flip over to this forum and discover this thread! The winds are just howling outside right now in my part of Alaska but I am warm and comfy in my little apartment and my silly little dog is making me laugh by turning over for belly rubs everytime I glance away from my computer screen and at him flopped on the couch. I had a sweet sweet phone call from my husband today out of the blue. Life is good.
I spent a couple of weeks in Alaska a few years ago with my youngest daughter and her family and fell in love with it. Since then my sister, my son, and my oldest daughter have also gone to see why I loved it so much and they too all fell in love with it. What a magnificant state. I hope to get back someday.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:51 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,509,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I spent a couple of weeks in Alaska a few years ago with my youngest daughter and her family and fell in love with it. Since then my sister, my son, and my oldest daughter have also gone to see why I loved it so much and they too all fell in love with it. What a magnificant state. I hope to get back someday.
Hopefully I'll be back there next Spring. I miss it terribly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.