Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 01:49 PM

730 posts, read 827,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Simple. The greater the inequality the worse the statistics are going to be and the less favorably we are going to compare with other countries. There is a correlation between the two.
There are many more factors at play than just income inequality when it comes to infant mortality rates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2011, 02:01 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady's Man View Post
There are many more factors at play than just income inequality when it comes to infant mortality rates.
Sure, but there is a strong correlation between poverty and infant mortality. The nation master has many categories to compare other countries with the U.S. You will see that we lag behind in many categories. A strong argument can be made that with many of the categories there is a strong correlation to inequality of wealth.

Old 11-13-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Sure, but there is a strong correlation between poverty and infant mortality. The nation master has many categories to compare other countries with the U.S. You will see that we lag behind in many categories. A strong argument can be made that with many of the categories there is a strong correlation to inequality of wealth.
What would u like the people of america to do about it?

Old 11-13-2011, 02:53 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,824,304 times
Quote:
Yeah. Made in 1991. History is funny. I guess it suddenly mattered then, too? Maybe it's always mattered.

New Jack City(1991) - YouTube

New Jack City Script

Unemployment is up, says the Department of Labor... ... with nearly more claims for unemployment last month.

Americans whose income is below the poverty line has risen to million... ... compared to . million in .

Economists say that the economic inequality... ... is at its worst level since the days of the Great Depression.

Over the last years, the percentage of after-tax income for the rich rose %... .

.. while after-tax income for the poor fell. %. Homelessness is at an all-time high

New Jack City Script - transcript from the screenplay and/or Ice-T, Wesley Snipes, and Mario Van Peebles movie

Old 11-13-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
What would u like the people of america to do about it?
First things first. Start a grass roots movement to limit campaign contributions made by big banks and corporations and those damn stupid political commercials made by private companies for their favorite candidate (the one they already own). This is going to require a constitutional amendment, since our conservative supreme court has said that corporations are people and have 1st amendment protection. All politicians say they are for it. Lets put them to the test.

Old 11-13-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
First things first. Start a grass roots movement to limit campaign contributions made by big banks and corporations and those damn stupid political commercials made by private companies for their favorite candidate (the one they already own). This is going to require a constitutional amendment, since our conservative supreme court has said that corporations are people and have 1st amendment protection. All politicians say they are for it. Lets put them to the test.
sounds like your a ron paul supporter

Old 11-13-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
sounds like your a ron paul supporter
I like a lot of things about Ron Paul. Campaign finance reform and Foreign policy. It is the domestic part that I have a problem with, but of all of the candidates on the Republican side he is the only one I would consider.

Old 11-13-2011, 03:11 PM

504 posts, read 1,269,985 times
Quote:
Why does it help to reduce the number of damn stupid political commercials?

Old 11-13-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
I like a lot of things about Ron Paul. Campaign finance reform and Foreign policy. It is the domestic part that I have a problem with, but of all of the candidates on the Republican side he is the only one I would consider.

normally i would agree with you, but where are we going to get the money to fund the welfare system? We can continue on the same path we are on and eventually end up like greece, or we can swallow some medicine and have RP restart this country.

I'm not against taxation. I'd even support higher taxes if it meant having a balanced budget. But we are so beyond a budget being balanced that raising taxes would only have a minimal impact, if it has an impact at all. Production has dried up. Jobs are leaving the country. The base to collect taxes is dramatically shrinking.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:16 PM

27,096 posts, read 15,289,002 times
Quote:
Class Warfare. Republicans have been using that term ad nauseum. It is used to try to stop debate or when they know they have lost the argument. It is no longer effective. There is class warfare and the 99% are losing, but thanks for playing.

Just what do you think "economic inequality" and "not paying their fair share" are?
Your response sure attempts to ignore and deny the game the Administration is playing.

I gather you don't like hearing it called what it is.
Or do you prefer newspeak, I think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies