Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 12:53 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
O.K. so if I am clear now. If you are vet and in the OWS protest you are a douche? Is that right?

I rest my case...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2011, 12:54 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
My buddy, a two-time Iraq war veteran, is involved with Occupy Boston. I figured he would be, but I had no idea how much company he had. He called me to wish me a happy Veteran's Day, and we chatted a bit about Occupy. He told me it's practically a veteran's movement. That surprised me, but it's true. He said the place was crawling with veterans. Those of you older vets might not realize just how much OWS dovetails with the thinking of vets in their 20s. These are very hard economic times for young people. Consequently, my buddy is no hippie. He said, "Being around these f'ing hippies is a real drag, but what can you do? They're right about what needs to be done."
Sounds like a hero to me.

Old 11-13-2011, 12:58 PM

561 posts, read 505,739 times
Quote:
He said, "Being around these f'ing hippies is a real drag, but what can you do? They're right about what needs to be done."
And just exactly what is it that OWS says needs to be done?

Old 11-13-2011, 01:02 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Sounds like a hero to me.
The below link is something he wrote to explain his involvement. He truly is one of the finest people I have ever had the pleasure to know. He's a fierce fighter. Trust me, he's the guy you want with you in a firefight. Anyhow, here's his explanation for why he's involved -- it's patriotism. He hates to see the country he loves looted and sold off piece-by-piece to bankers

Guest commentary: Be a part of Occupy Boston protest, Somerville - Somerville, Massachusetts 02144 - Somerville Journal

Old 11-13-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recovering Democrat View Post
And just exactly what is it that OWS says needs to be done?
Read my link, recovering. I'm not a part of OWS. I'm speaking on behalf of my buddy. He just wants the people who bankrupted the country to be held accountable for their actions. Seems reasonable to me.

Old 11-13-2011, 01:15 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
My buddy, a two-time Iraq war veteran, is involved with Occupy Boston. I figured he would be, but I had no idea how much company he had. He called me to wish me a happy Veteran's Day, and we chatted a bit about Occupy. He told me it's practically a veteran's movement. That surprised me, but it's true. He said the place was crawling with veterans. Those of you older vets might not realize just how much OWS dovetails with the thinking of vets in their 20s. These are very hard economic times for young people. Consequently, my buddy is no hippie. He said, "Being around these f'ing hippies is a real drag, but what can you do? They're right about what needs to be done."
I am a Veteran as well as my bf and we both do not support the movement. None of our Veteran friends support it either... And we are far from wealthy.

Old 11-13-2011, 01:17 PM

561 posts, read 505,739 times
Quote:
Read my link, recovering. I'm not a part of OWS. I'm speaking on behalf of my buddy. He just wants the people who bankrupted the country to be held accountable for their actions. Seems reasonable to me.
Seems reasonable to me too. But your buddy is charging the wrong hill.

The financial crisis was caused by federal government policies designed to increase low-income and minority homeownership.

Blame Washington, not Wall Street

Old 11-13-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I am a Veteran as well as my bf and we both do not support the movement. None of our Veteran friends support it either... And we are far from wealthy.
I know, Kick. I'm not saying all veterans are behind this. I'm just passing along what my buddy said. He said veterans were all over the Occupy Boston movement. He's not a liar. You're in Boston. You can go down and see for yourself.

Old 11-13-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recovering Democrat View Post
Seems reasonable to me too. But your buddy is charging the wrong hill.

The financial crisis was caused by federal government policies designed to increase low-income and minority homeownership.

Blame Washington, not Wall Street
Recovering, you can't blame one without the other here. They were definitely working in cahoots on this heist. I blame both. Increasingly, I'm becoming sympathetic to both the OWS and the original intent of the Tea Party (not what it became after the neocons and far right loons hijacked it).

Old 11-13-2011, 01:20 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
I know, Kick. I'm not saying all veterans are behind this. I'm just passing along what my buddy said. He said veterans were all over the Occupy Boston movement. He's not a liar. You're in Boston. You can go down and see for yourself.
I think that would be the best thing. More people need to go and see for themselves instead of reading the lies they hear on the internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies