U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 04:23 PM

9,326 posts, read 11,249,863 times

Advertisements

First grader forced to rub her teacher’s feet

Norris is upset after her 6-year-old granddaughter came home from Batesburg-Leesville Primary School in Lexington County, SC, last Wednesday and said that she was “tired of rubbing her teacher’s feet.”

Norris said the teacher would select students to massage her feet during class. She said, “My granddaughter has nightmares, she cries…She said, ‘I have three wishes, Grandma. One of them was not to go to school today.’”

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 04:40 PM

25,631 posts, read 29,117,065 times
You just cant make this stuff up.

Sorry this is just too funny to take seriously.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:36 PM

668 posts, read 1,844,900 times
Sad, what happens in School these days...

If its not a school bully, then its nutty Teachers...

Give a lot of love and attention to your Granddaughter, and she will overcome this...

I wish you well...

Jesse

Old 11-16-2011, 05:47 PM

24,889 posts, read 20,311,199 times
If true (innocent until proven guilty, remember), thats disgusting and I'd be madder then hell if my kids were forced to do that.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:51 PM

20,612 posts, read 15,431,629 times
Keeping in mind this is IF true, (site states MSNBC is the source but does not provide link and I'm too lazy and grossed out to look for it):

That is disgusting. Feet are gross as it is and it's repulsive to subject some poor little kid to having to rub some big, ugly, stanky, grown up feet. Seriously, that's nasty.

IF true, teacher needs to go.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:00 PM

1,075 posts, read 794,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Keeping in mind this is IF true, (site states MSNBC is the source but does not provide link and I'm too lazy and grossed out to look for it):

That is disgusting. Feet are gross as it is and it's repulsive to subject some poor little kid to having to rub some big, ugly, stanky, grown up feet. Seriously, that's nasty.

Here's a more "reliable" source. Teacher makes first graders massage her feet in class | ksdk.com

Although I don't think feet are disgusting... this teacher's sense of entitlement to "slaves" IS disgusting! Another reason to homeschool... no teacher's forcing your kids to rub their feets... well, unless it's mom who says so! LOL

Old 11-16-2011, 06:03 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,161,373 times
Seriously crumbling boundaries in the schools. Geeeeeez. Creepy.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:07 PM

24,889 posts, read 20,311,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
Here's a more "reliable" source. Teacher makes first graders massage her feet in class | ksdk.com

Although I don't think feet are disgusting... this teacher's sense of entitlement to "slaves" IS disgusting! Another reason to homeschool... no teacher's forcing your kids to rub their feets... well, unless it's mom who says so! LOL

My kid being forced to touch a teacher anywhere, is wrong, period. Feet or not. Hell I'd be mad if my sons teacher asked him to brush her hair.

He is 7, soon to be 8.

6 year olds do make up stories sometimes though, if true, she doesn't need to be teaching children anymore.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:24 PM

9,326 posts, read 11,249,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

Actually, the mother of the little girl was on our local news today.

She wants the teacher to be punished in some way.

My understanding is that there is an investigation going on and the teacher was told to leave.

I am not sure if she is allowed back, pending investigation.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:06 PM

10,452 posts, read 10,229,163 times
Wow. I had a third grade teacher who made me do...just that! Except she only picked me to massage her feet. Never thought I'd hear about another teacher like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies