U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 04:55 PM

3,502 posts, read 1,734,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
You are doing a great job of redirecting, but a poor job of discussing the topic of the thread.
I just don't understand how soemone would find these statements bothersome in 2011 but not in 2008. The thread seems disingenous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 05:09 PM

668 posts, read 1,846,169 times
Everyone, who is a Public Speaker, will make mistakes every once in a while...

From President Obama, to the Republicans on the "ITS ME-ME-ME TOUR"
Public speaking will always have thier blunders

Look at Steve Jobs, when he introduced a new item, and it wouldnt work, because everyone was using thier WiFi's at the plac, and no bandwidth for him LOL... Now Thats embarrasin

I dont criticise President Obama for his Gaffs... Just his policies and what he has done to our Country.
Im still fuming over the "Apologise for America" tour he made!!!

I wish you well...

Jesse

Old 11-16-2011, 05:39 PM

2,931 posts, read 1,839,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I just don't understand how soemone would find these statements bothersome in 2011 but not in 2008. The thread seems disingenous.
If you look at the poll numbers you will find there are a lot of "disingenuous" people who voted for Obama but will not again. Obama's poll numbers are in the toilet.

Heritage Member,...I particularly like this linked video regarding a child with asthma. Obama tried to handle it without the teleprompter, but failed miserably.

Obama lost without a teleprompter - YouTube

Ad lib, or off-the-cuff remarks gives a glimpse into the workings of the political mind. I find that Obama's "spread the wealth" comment, along with the "can't I just eat my waffle",....and the "i've already answered like eight questions" very enlightening.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:51 PM

6,074 posts, read 5,128,822 times
"If you like your health plan, you can keep it."

Oh, wait a minute, that was a well-scripted lie, ON the teleprompter. Never mind.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
If you look at the poll numbers you will find there are a lot of "disingenuous" people who voted for Obama but will not again. Obama's poll numbers are in the toilet.
The thread is not about not voting for Obama again, or even about approval, it's about having an issue with comments he made before and during his campaign, and the use of the teleprompter. So I ask again, why would someone not having any problems with those comments on election day, but you have problems with them now??

Old 11-16-2011, 06:02 PM

773 posts, read 389,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
"If you like your health plan, you can keep it."

Oh, wait a minute, that was a well-scripted lie, ON the teleprompter. Never mind.
That one burns me, because I loved my Cadillac plan that I paid extra for but lost it. Thx Obama.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:05 PM

773 posts, read 389,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
The thread is not about not voting for Obama again, or even about approval, it's about having an issue with comments he made before and during his campaign. So I ask again, why would someone not having any problems with those comments on election day, but you have problems with them now??
1) The thread is not about what you say it is about. It's simply a good chuckle thread about funny, wrong or stupid things Obama said.
2) It was already answered why the difference from then until now. If you choose not to believe it, so be it. I really don't care.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:08 PM

4,433 posts, read 3,810,851 times
From Obama with Love. No teleprompter on this one. And paraphrasing.

"Americans are Lazy".

Old 11-16-2011, 06:09 PM

10,490 posts, read 5,996,152 times
This game would be better if we played it with Dubya.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
1) The thread is not about what you say it is about. It's simply a good chuckle thread about funny, wrong or stupid things Obama said.
Things that you didn't have a problem with before, or maybe you did but aren't being truthful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies