U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 05:17 PM

2,447 posts, read 2,573,905 times

Advertisements

Who cares. There was also 16 trillion in secret bailouts to domestic and international banks as well (The Fed Audit - Newsroom: Bernie Sanders - U.S. Senator for Vermont). So does that make it 31 trillion? If it is, that doesn't change anything.

Why is the money a problem now instead of years or decades ago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

16,700 posts, read 18,913,643 times
Bush spent what? 5 Trillion over 8 years... Obama did it in 4 years... and if you think about it... the public debt before Bush was 5 Trillion over 60 years... If you add Bush and deficit before him... Bush deficit rate was 0.6 Trillion/year.... before Bush was 0.08 Trillion/year... Obama is 1.25+ Trillion/year... Obama beat Bush and the entire history of the deficit combined!! He spent like a wild man... and what do we got to show for it.... jack and you-know-what... If Obama continues one more term... he would create a deficit equal or more than all the debts before him... which is what Bush did... the more things "change" the more they stay the same...

773 posts, read 389,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recovering Democrat View Post
And Bush spent more and spent it faster than Clinton. That's a fact too.
Yes, I said Bush spent too much. Did you miss that part?

What's your point?

Old 11-16-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
Who cares. There was also 16 trillion in secret bailouts to domestic and international banks as well (The Fed Audit - Newsroom: Bernie Sanders - U.S. Senator for Vermont). So does that make it 31 trillion? If it is, that doesn't change anything.

Why is the money a problem now instead of years or decades ago?
It always has been a problem as far as I am concerned. I carry ZERO debt and I believe our government should do the same.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:21 PM

13,116 posts, read 9,202,467 times
Don't worry. The government will collapse long before our children's children have to pay it off.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:24 PM

3,458 posts, read 2,990,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
Well folks. We passed $15,000,000,000,000 in debt today!

Am I wrong or did Obama campaign partly on reducing the wasteful spending, deficit and debt Bush was guilty of?
wow, the government spent $15 trillion! what a large sum!

meanwhile, in the private sector..

Derivatives: The $600 Trillion Time Bomb That's Set to Explode - Money Morning

FDIC To Cover Losses On $75 Trillion Bank of America Derivative Bets | Problem Bank List

Old 11-16-2011, 05:25 PM

29,988 posts, read 35,848,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Don't worry. The government will collapse long before our children's children have to pay it off.
However our currency will likely collapse just slightly ahead of our government. I don't see Obama taking a cue from Burlesconi and just stepping aside. Mayhem before that as the collapse of the euro affects our economy.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:36 PM

561 posts, read 421,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
Yes, I said Bush spent too much. Did you miss that part? What's your point?
Virtually every administration spends more than the previous administration. If you're going to criticize Obama for this, then you have to criticize every administration (D or R) guilty of the same thing.

I disagree with Obama's spending, but it is dishonest to suggest that he is somehow unique.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:54 PM

14,376 posts, read 7,088,716 times
Quote:
Virtually every administration spends more than the previous administration. If you're going to criticize Obama for this, then you have to criticize every administration (D or R) guilty of the same thing.

I disagree with Obama's spending, but it is dishonest to suggest that he is somehow unique.

This. The debt has gone up with each new president. This is nothing new or unique to the current president.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:

Again. I did not say he is unique and I did say Bush spent too much. Where are you coming up with what you are posting? Is it that hard for you to believe someone can be against the policies of Bush AND Obama? Hell, Obama turns out to be Bush on steroids, with a lot of bad attitude mixed in.

The point here is that were are now over $15,000,000,000,000 in debt and Obama is the current POTUS, who just so happened to campaign on stopping Bush's insane spending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies