U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 06:00 PM

29,546 posts, read 12,355,783 times

Advertisements

Yet more millionaires stating the obvious, increase taxes on millionaires

Patriotic Millionaires For Fiscal Strength
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 06:03 PM

5,888 posts, read 4,475,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yet more millionaires stating the obvious, increase taxes on millionaires

Patriotic Millionaires For Fiscal Strength

Instead of trying to take even more money out of my pocket, why not just write an extra check to the IRS yourself:

Gifts to the United States Government: Questions and Answers: Financial Management Service

Quote:
Citizens who wish to make a general donation to the U.S. government may send contributions to a specific account called "Gifts to the United States." This account was established in 1843 to accept gifts, such as bequests, from individuals wishing to express their patriotism to the United States. Money deposited into this account is for general use by the federal government and can be available for budget needs. These contributions are considered an unconditional gift to the government. Financial gifts can be made by check or money order payable to the United States Treasury and mailed to the address below.

Gifts to the United States
U.S. Department of the Treasury
Credit Accounting Branch
3700 East-West Highway, Room 622D
Hyattsville, MD 20782
You mind your business and I'll mind my business, thank you very much.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:05 PM

3,502 posts, read 1,734,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Instead of trying to take even more money out of my pocket, why not just write an extra check to the IRS yourself:
It doesn't address the issue raised, which is the assertion that our tax system is unfair. But let's continue to personalize the debate, it's not about the issues right. I also didn't realize that you were a millionaire, we seem to have quite a few on this forum.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:14 PM

5,888 posts, read 4,475,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
It doesn't address the issue raised, which is the assertion that our tax system is unfair. But let's continue to personalize the debate, it's not about the issues right. I also didn't realize that you were a millionaire, we seem to have quite a few on this forum.
You are right.

Our tax system IS unfair:

Almost Half of American Household Don't Pay Taxes

Quote:
There are so many breaks that 45 percent of U.S. households will pay no federal income tax for 2010, according to estimates by the Tax Policy Center, a Washington think tank.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:43 PM

29,546 posts, read 12,355,783 times
Quote:
Instead of trying to take even more money out of my pocket, why not just write an extra check to the IRS yourself
That's the equivalent of telling someone who doesn't like air pollution to fix their own car if they don't like it, I don't think we want to use the honor system to solve governments problems.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:49 PM

26,717 posts, read 14,964,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That's the equivalent of telling someone who doesn't like air pollution to fix their own car if they don't like it, I don't think we want to use the honor system to solve governments problems.
You prefer force and threat of violence?

Old 11-16-2011, 06:50 PM

300 posts, read 194,721 times
Quote:
You are right.

Our tax system IS unfair:

Almost Half of American Household Don't Pay Taxes
Proud to be one of those who do not pay a dime in income taxes!!

My wife and I actually make pretty good livings in our jobs, and yet we have never paid a dime in, or had any portion withheld for federal or state income taxes.

Once they start adhering to the Constitution, I would gladly contribute.

Until then, they can lick my genitals.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:51 PM

10,833 posts, read 11,568,485 times
Cut the damn outrageous spending and just maybe people wouldn't mind paying more in taxes. The fact the government has no problem spending money on things like bridges to nowhere and studying shrimp on treadmills should tell you why people are pissed.

Reign in the damn spending and get back to us about the taxes. Who the hell wants to keep throwing money down the hole??

Old 11-16-2011, 06:52 PM

26,717 posts, read 14,964,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwrek View Post
Proud to be one of those who do not pay a dime in income taxes!!

My wife and I actually make pretty good livings in our jobs, and yet we have never paid a dime in, or had any portion withheld for federal or state income taxes.

Once they start adhering to the Constitution, I would gladly contribute.

Until then, they can lick my genitals.
Good for you!
Our corrupt and abusive government should be denied as much revenue as possible

Old 11-16-2011, 06:56 PM

300 posts, read 194,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Good for you!
Our corrupt and abusive government should be denied as much revenue as possible
Starving this juggernaut begins small.

Just pulling a number out of my ass here, but I would be willing to wager that if just 10% of earners didn't file returns or send in their checks, things would begin to change.

The IRS can only come after so many people, and if there are millions more, they would have no other choice but to listen to the people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies