U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-16-2011, 09:51 PM
 
2,695 posts, read 3,608,781 times
Reputation: 1555

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
The Savior has been a destroyer.

The Uniter has become this country's biggest divider.


The President has spent us into oblivion. And he has no desire to stop.

Obama is out of control.


Everything Barack does is political. In the best interest of his re-election, rather than in the best interest of the country.


Why would anyone re-elect him?
You're making the flawed assumption that the President is 100% responsible for the unemployment rate.

The spending started well before Obama took office. TARP I passed without him in office if you remember.

Last edited by GreyDay; 11-16-2011 at 10:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-16-2011, 09:52 PM
 
Location: ATX-HOU
10,218 posts, read 6,507,695 times
Reputation: 2033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
And you are happy with 9% unemployment.

Have a nice day.
Nope. But some of us understand that our country has checks and balances so that our president can't just enact whatever policies he pleases, they have to go through Congress. Next, some of us understand that the government can only do so much to spur the economy. Lastly, the Republicans have some pretty weak candidates so I can see a good reason why Obama could possibly get re-elected.

Personally, I just wish an intelligent candidate with the balls to stand up to Washington's crony capitalism would emerge. Neither party seems to have any of those lately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2011, 09:54 PM
 
478 posts, read 611,240 times
Reputation: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Look, even Liberals should take a look at how Obama has done. Just because you're a Democrat doesn't mean that you have to vote for a failure.

What's in everyone's wallet will determine this election.

Obama just turned down 20,000 Keystone pipeline jobs - and all the while preaches that America can't wait. Through executive order ( around Congress ) Obama tells us that "He will do everything possible to bring back jobs".

Well, I guess he lied. Again.


Because Barack is an idiot - America just lost 20,000 jobs.
and the price of gasoline for Americans will soon be 5 bucks a gallon as Canada says the hell with you and sells ALL of it's excess oil to China...enjoy!!!

dragging your feet can get very expensive!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2011, 09:56 PM
 
4,433 posts, read 3,814,664 times
Reputation: 1354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
9% and decreasing

Yes, I will be voting for Obama in 2012. He will be a much better candidate then the Republican nominee no matte who they pick.
Better candidate or better President.

All Obama wants to do is waste taxpayer money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2011, 10:06 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
7,091 posts, read 10,504,319 times
Reputation: 4104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Look, even Liberals should take a look at how Obama has done. Just because you're a Democrat doesn't mean that you have to vote for a failure.
Riiiight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
What drives someone to BECOME a liberal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
If you want more manufacturing, you'd better elect a President that doesn't keep standing in the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
If you were an employer facing a hundred new regulations everyday, and not knowing if you were supposed to provide healthcare or not, because of Obamacare, and not knowing what Obama's next regulation is going to be, just because of his idiotic ideology, would you waste money on kids entering the workforce who WANT $25 an hour?
You already believe it, how is this a question asked with an open mind?

Then you say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Because Barack is an idiot - America just lost 20,000 jobs.
Wait, you said 50k here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
I have researched it .... and more than 50,000 jobs are waiting to be had. Safely.
So, it dropped by 30k that quick because...well who knows why?

Compared to the varied numbers (20k to 1 million +) jobs created (http://www.hulu.com/watch/300190/the-colbert-report-mon-nov-14-2011#s-p1-so-i0 - broken link)...

As stated there, the number of jobs created in the only study that trans-canada did not fund...0 jobs would be created.

Ooops, reality came knocking and found your argument wanting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2011, 10:10 PM
 
Location: West Texas
2,366 posts, read 1,152,169 times
Reputation: 2528
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Oh wow, some one who hates Obama and liberals wonders why some one would vote for them.

Let me see if I have any surprise left to show. Nope.
Hate? The OP didn't say that he hated him, so get a grip.
It seems that liberals are quick to use that word when they can't justify why Obama should be re-elected. And no, I don't hate Obama. He seems like a nice guy who's just way in over his head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2011, 10:13 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
7,091 posts, read 10,504,319 times
Reputation: 4104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Hate? The OP didn't say that he hated him, so get a grip.
It seems that liberals are quick to use that word when they can't justify why Obama should be re-elected. And no, I don't hate Obama. He seems like a nice guy who's just way in over his head.
You do know that it takes two clicks to view some one's posting history?

Take a gander at the OP's, in the first 3 pages it's really pretty humorous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2011, 10:28 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 15,789,978 times
Reputation: 3123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
9% and decreasing

Yes, I will be voting for Obama in 2012. He will be a much better candidate then the Republican nominee no matte who they pick.
So you're the one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2011, 10:29 PM
 
Location: San Antonio Texas
11,435 posts, read 15,977,738 times
Reputation: 5224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
The Savior has been a destroyer.

The Uniter has become this country's biggest divider.


The President has spent us into oblivion. And he has no desire to stop.

Obama is out of control.


Everything Barack does is political. In the best interest of his re-election, rather than in the best interest of the country.


Why would anyone re-elect him?
George W was the country's biggest divider. He also spent a lot of $$, even when the economy was doing much better. As far back as I can remember, ALL US Presidents have always had their re-election campaigns 24-7. why should Obama be any different? The economic mess will take a while to fix, with much beyond Obama's control. Obama can't control the European economy, which is dragging us down simultaneously. Even though I'm a Dem, I just don't see that any of the Repub candidates can do any better than what Pres Obama is doing. in fact, we need a Dem congress to get things in faster motion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2011, 10:31 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 15,789,978 times
Reputation: 3123
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
You do know that it takes two clicks to view some one's posting history?

Take a gander at the OP's, in the first 3 pages it's really pretty humorous.
I did as you suggested. I didn't see any evidence of hate. Perhaps I missed something. Which post did you find hateful?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top