U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 06:07 PM

27 posts, read 15,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
This has got to be one of the WORST posts I have seen on here. I understand if you are fed up with people supposedly blindly saying that the military is protecting our freedom, but they are protecting our freedoms.

Do you know what other countries would do to us, our money and our land if they could dominate the United States? If they could get away with it. Take the Islamic radicals for instance, if they had their way, we would be forced into believing in Islam and forced to abandon any other belief or lack of. I'm just using them as an example, not sparking a debate about religion. Who do you want to protect us? The U.N.?

Just the existence of a U.S. Military is protecting our freedoms. It tells individuals, groups and complete countries that they better not even think about trying to invade or threatening the livelihood of the people here.

There are some involvements that the U.S. gets into that have nothing to do with protecting our freedoms, but you can't generalize. You sound bitter about something, as if you have heard someone say that the military is protecting our freedoms and that was the last straw, lol.

There's nothing holding back Muslims from committing acts of terror in America, militarily speaking. If they REALLY hated us so bad, we would be regularly attacked by them.

And if we had no military, so what? China, for example, is better off trading with us than attacking us. America's military might itself is what makes us so powerful; there's nothing that special about the land itself that would make people itching to conquer it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 06:17 PM

12,775 posts, read 9,491,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
OP - Careful. You see too clearly and think too much. Expect a s***storm from the RWA's.

Our soldiers are the best in the world. Unfortunately they are giving their lives and honor not to defend the people of the USA but to make the world safe for the petroleum investors, the central bankers and the military suppliers. The war in Kuwait was to keep Saddam from controlling Kuwait’s oil reserves and selling them below the world price. The war with Iraq was to prevent him from selling oil in Euros not dollars. The same reason applies to Libya. The War in Afghanistan is to protect the right of Western Petroleum to control the access to Central Asia’s reserves and sell them on a controlled market instead of having the petroleum go directly to china using Chinese pipelines. We are fighting to provide Western investors with one set of crooks to bribe instead of many local warlords.

Our politicians provide a consistent set of lies to get us to believe out military is being used for our protection. Our military is mostly protecting the rights of suppliers to over charge for materials and bankers to lend at usurious interest. Instead of the traditional use of a military force to loot the other guys they, big business and bigger banks, are using our Military to Loot us!

This is not only very expensive for all but a few Americans it is a grievous insult to our Troops.

Note: The first response did not discuss the topic but was meant to insult the poster. As expected.

Socalcroozer - You also see too clearly. Expect the same storm.
Thanks Greg. I have been asking what the real mission is in Afghanistan for years. This backs up your explanation.
Russia, China, Iran defeat U.S. in the “pipeline wars” « RAWA News

Old 11-17-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Ok, elder, my history is spot on.
No it's not. You are confusing patriotism and nationalism with all these wars that are over global governance and managing the resources of other nations.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
"We make ourselves feel good by building special ramps and giving money to those soldiers that have lost limbs or been maimed."

Its the law. You have heard of the law? Look into it here........

U.S. Department of Labor - Find It By Topic - Disability Resources - Americans with Disabilities Act (http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/disability/ada.htm - broken link)
I was referring to the Wounded Warrior Project and the like. These men come back handicapped and unable to provide for their families, so we donate to help them. A worthy cause, but I'm sure these men would prefer to have the ability to do for themselves. The question is, was the mission worth it? I think not.
Have you seen a list of the countries that are most free? How come they aren't attacking other countries to preserve their freedoms?
Country rankings for trade, business, fiscal, monetary, financial, labor and investment freedoms

Old 11-17-2011, 07:08 PM

13,292 posts, read 10,154,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You must be new here and/or don't get out much, because I hear the same nonsense from the government indoctrinated er uh educated fools on the left as well.

They also like to preach to us how our troops are protecting the freedoms of those in other countries too (i.e. Libya)

I pity anyone who enlists to be a US government pawn.

I served 20years in the AF until sadly learning the truth on how our government "pimps" the military to do the corporate bidding. My son has served in Russia for "our" military whose "freedoms" are being served there?

Old 11-17-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
No, actually 9/11 was a result of 19 psychopathic religious zealous hijacking four airliners and crashing (in one case, attempting to crash) them into large, heavily populated symbolic objects of American strength in order to bring America into a "final" war between Muslims and Christians.

Apparently, you forgot that.
But like frank said, there was a reason for that. No one is going to five their life for no apparent reason. Many Americans forgot the fact that we were bombing Afghanistan and other countries with SAMS and missing badly killing thousands of innocent men women and children. What makes you think at one point that they would not want justice? Ironically, when the towers fell they cheered and Americans were outraged, but where was the outrage when their schools,homes and places of worship were destroyed by our errant missiles?

Old 11-17-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
General Butler saw too clearly. I wonder if our current crop of Military Officers see as well?
Nope, it is easier just to follow orders or to be completely brainwashed

Old 11-17-2011, 07:22 PM

4,028 posts, read 6,244,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I was referring to the Wounded Warrior Project and the like. These men come back handicapped and unable to provide for their families, so we donate to help them. A worthy cause, but I'm sure these men would prefer to have the ability to do for themselves. The question is, was the mission worth it? I think not.
Have you seen a list of the countries that are most free? How come they aren't attacking other countries to preserve their freedoms?
Country rankings for trade, business, fiscal, monetary, financial, labor and investment freedoms
It's just some kid in high school who does not know what they are talking about.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Yep.

...I bet most of them complained about their Christmas presents without ever thinking about the sacrifice their parents made to give them presents in the first place.

Liberalism in a nutshell.

Excuse me, but how many years did you serve? are you one of the troops that have come home with PTSD? Do you work with anyone who came back with missing limbs and can no longer work but still has a family to support? Have you talked to veteran who lost his family/home and job because the freaking VBA (Veteran Benefits Administration) hired some young inexperienced buttmunch to process your claim but can't/don't care what you have gone through so it mysteriously "disappears" for months on end?

But then again you could be one of those politicians who never served but is quick to send someone else's kids to fight for some bs while collecting the money from the oil/military/banking lobbyist and at the same time plotting a way to cutting the benefits of the very same people that you voted to fight for you. Maybe you are one of them crackhead rightnutwingers who sit on their azzes all day and listen to Faux news about how the muslims are trying to take over the country and instill Sharia law into our school system.

Then again you just might be millions of the uniformed to the corruption that has been running this country since the Kennedy Administration and the Koren War (do you know why we were in that one)

I guess that is stupidity in a nutshell

Old 11-17-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
"We make ourselves feel good by building special ramps and giving money to those soldiers that have lost limbs or been maimed."

Its the law. You have heard of the law? Look into it here........

U.S. Department of Labor - Find It By Topic - Disability Resources - Americans with Disabilities Act (http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/disability/ada.htm - broken link)

What you don't know is that the hoops that many of the veterans have to jump through hoops just to get compensated for the mental and physical injuries that you don't see
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies