U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 03:28 PM

17,752 posts, read 15,100,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
So do Congressional liberals have a plan? Because at least conservatives/libertarians have one. You seem to like criticizing it. I wish liberals had a plan I could criticize. You want to run the country with no plan. I think we've figured out that a bad plan (George Bush) is better than no plan (Obama) already.

Either plan is good for Wall Street. The status quo is good, and austerity is even better. That will keep ZIRP, and free keyboard money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 03:31 PM

10,543 posts, read 11,722,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Do you believe that we should stop growing the money supply?
Of course not, and the best way to grow the money supply is to increase overall economic activity.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Of course not, and the best way to grow the money supply is to increase overall economic activity.

With loans?

Old 11-17-2011, 03:38 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,678,201 times
Default "Give Em Hail T.E.A. Party" !!!!!!!!!! OTAY !

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
There is a bit more to it than that.

Maybe you can start a thread with the details of Sen. Majority Leader Harry Reid's $9 Trillion in cuts? Oh wait, never mind.
lifelongMOgal !!! ... On The Money ! ... Rep later !

Indeed ... Yet another pitiful example of a blighter that engages the mouth before engaging the brain !!!

Chances of a bloke starting a "Dirty Harry" thread regarding the above ^ is slim and none !!! How pathetic !!!!!

A One Track Mind Is A True Poverty !!!

Cheers / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 11-17-2011, 03:47 PM

7,091 posts, read 10,520,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
So do Congressional liberals have a plan? Because at least conservatives/libertarians have one. You seem to like criticizing it. I wish liberals had a plan I could criticize. You want to run the country with no plan. I think we've figured out that a bad plan (George Bush) is better than no plan (Obama) already.
Wow, the response was stated right there...the second time as well.

Do you just put your hand up in front of the screen to cover what you don't want to read?

I have seen few examples of willful ignorance so obvious, I am astounded.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:48 PM

386 posts, read 179,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
How to generate revenue is not the issue. I've seen "conservatives" downplay and ignore the idea of revenue itself, and stick with "spending" only. See below.

So you would rather ignore the revenue. Right?
Did, perchance, you read what I wrote?

Please allow me to repeat myself for your benefit.

You cut tax RATES to spur economic growth, and then use the increased REVENUE from that increased economic activity to pay down the debt.

Cutting tax rates, i.e. the burden on the economy, has a proven track record of increasing revenue.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:48 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,678,201 times
Default " Time To Hand Out The Ole "Dunce Caps" fer a whole boat load of "Loons" !!! Arrrgh !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Let's keep spending at an unsustainable rate until the country goes belly up and EVERYONE feel the economic impact, people are living in tents, there isn't enough food to go around and it will take decades to possibly recover?

You want to knee-jerk react? Others can play that game.
BigHouse9 !!! ... ... On The Money !

Give Em Hail BigHouse 9 !!!!!

Where do such pitiful "Pea Brains" come from ???

The Loyal citizens of this nation must absolutely rebuild "Americas House" !

Cheers Y'all / Old Sgt. Lamar at ya !

Old 11-17-2011, 03:53 PM

31,777 posts, read 24,120,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahaina Lopaka View Post

You cut tax RATES to spur economic growth, and then use the increased REVENUE from that increased economic activity to pay down the debt.

Cutting tax rates, i.e. the burden on the economy, has a proven track record of increasing revenue.
That was the "analysis" presented by the "experts" at Heritage Foundation in favor of Bush tax cuts in 2001, a way to have the debt paid off by 2010. How did that go?

Old 11-17-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahaina Lopaka View Post

And then you end up causing a depression by paying down the debt.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:56 PM

13,773 posts, read 18,470,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Now that's what I call Conservative Leadership!
That's what I call a plan to absolutely demolish the economy of the United States. I hope they run on this platform, because this will pretty much stick a fork in whats left of the tea party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies