Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 02:06 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
It doesn't mean that thought is even remotely right, or even sane, just because of its length. That doesn't even make sense itself.

I can read through Gene Ray's Time Cube site of god knows how many pages, but nothing about it is even coherent enough to say more then it's batcrap insane.
So do congressional liberals have a better plan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 02:08 PM

386 posts, read 232,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
So why do "conservatives" tend to ignore the income aspect when looking at debt and deficits?
Because no matter what add'l revenue come in, it and more is spent, with the inevitable result that the deficit grows even more!!

Happens every time.

The only answer is to reduce the gluttony on the part of the Congressional big spenders, which overwhelmingly are Democrats (based on the bills the sponsor, co-sponsor and vote in favor of).

It isn't hard to understand - the concepts are simple.

Spend less, much less, lower tax rates to spur economic growth, and use the add'l revenue from the increased economic activity to pay off debt.

It is time, well PASR time, to take the cure.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:08 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
In the 37 page document
I wasn't asking for a page count. I was looking for "analysis" you care about before placing your bets. Just provide the page number(s) that represents your idea of analysis.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:09 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Quote:
So do congressional liberals have a better plan?
Let me refer you to the post where I already addressed that argument.

Quote:
LoL, not providing a plan in this thread doesn't mean this plan works...or is even sane.

People don't need to find the cure for cancer to know that ingesting dog crap and benzene won't work.

Only a half-witted child would even attempt that argument.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:09 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
There are a few perspectives on that. One is that they have a different idea from the left of how to produce revenue. The second goes back to the points I made earlier about the relative benefit of different strategies - they don't necessarily yield the same results when treated the same way and though some things may sound good, they really don't have sufficient impact.

Personally, I have no faith that the federal government would use any additional income that I sent to decrease the deficit or pay down debt. Historically, increased revenue is met with even further increases in spending. Currently, we are in a situation where the government doesn't even have a budget nor do they see a need to put one in place. They passed a paygo bill that was ignored as soon as it was passed. What reason is there to think that they would do anything responsible with my money? I'm happy to pay taxes to fund the things we need to fund, but if I'm going to flush it down the toilet, I would prefer to do it my house so I can have the pleasure of watching it swirl around the bowl first.

Do you think people should take on more debt?

Old 11-17-2011, 02:10 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Do you think people should take on more debt?
No.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:11 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
There are a few perspectives on that. One is that they have a different idea from the left of how to produce revenue. The second goes back to the points I made earlier about the relative benefit of different strategies - they don't necessarily yield the same results when treated the same way and though some things may sound good, they really don't have sufficient impact.
How to generate revenue is not the issue. I've seen "conservatives" downplay and ignore the idea of revenue itself, and stick with "spending" only. See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahaina Lopaka View Post
Because no matter what add'l revenue come in, it and more is spent, with the inevitable result that the deficit grows even more!!
So you would rather ignore the revenue. Right?

Old 11-17-2011, 02:14 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
No.

Do you believe that we should stop growing the money supply?

Old 11-17-2011, 02:18 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Quote:
Let me refer you to the post where I already addressed that argument.
So do Congressional liberals have a plan? Because at least conservatives/libertarians have one. You seem to like criticizing it. I wish liberals had a plan I could criticize. You want to run the country with no plan. I think we've figured out that a bad plan (George Bush) is better than no plan (Obama) already.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:24 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
So do Congressional liberals have a plan?
There are hardly any congressional liberals, plenty of Democrats however.

Quote:
Because at least conservatives/libertarians have one.
There are hardly any congressional libertarians, plenty of Republicans however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies